Become a Patron!

Vape Bans Are Creating a Thriving Illicit Market

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Great article, 5150. I’m in NY and I can easily see this stuff happening and worse. So messed up.

The name “Nic Holden” is a pisser.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Great article, 5150. I’m in NY and I can easily see this stuff happening and worse. So messed up.

The name “Nic Holden” is a pisser.

In the future I see juice becoming VERY popular in the trading post. ;)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep and not for the flavoring bans alone. I have not read about any PMTA applications accepted for juice.

It is kinda DIY or die.

I’m sure everything BT owned will be accepted. The strange thing is that the sites that sell juice are just going along like nothing is happening.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In the future I see juice becoming VERY popular in the trading post. ;)

I’m so relieved that one of the first things I did when I started vaping and joined VU was to start mixing.

I was thinking about them going after flavors and it occurred to me that we might have to buy from places like Chef’s in the UK.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m sure everything BT owned will be accepted. The strange thing is that the sites that sell juice are just going along like nothing is happening.
That is the way it has been with most vape retailers since this all came down on 8-8-2016.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m so relieved that one of the first things I did when I started vaping and joined VU was to start mixing.

I was thinking about them going after flavors and it occurred to me that we might have to buy from places like Chef’s in the UK.
flavorings used in DIY will not be impacted by the FDA ban unless they are marketed and sold as for use in vaping. Capella and such should be fine to get. As will PG/VG however Nic will likely become problematic later due to either restrictions or extreme taxes on it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From reading the PMTA requirements docs I do not expect any bottled ejuice to be approved. Only juice in prefilled pods and such. I also do not expect refillable pods to be approved nor Mix and match vape systems, tanks, RDA,s VW mods, etc.

the docs strongly stress repeatability of vape results. ie consistency in the vapor. and removing the possibility of abuse. Abuse meaning vaping unapproved juice or high temp vaping, etc...
which is short says only factory coils and prefilled pods and such on fixed wattage device with no interchange of pod to a different device.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep kinda like many do with the virus.

When I posted on reddit many of the juice retailers would get angry if anyone even brought up the Deeming regs.

Like if you don’t talk about it, it will go away?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
From reading the PMTA requirements docs I do not expect any bottled ejuice to be approved. Only juice in prefilled pods and such. I also do not expect refillable pods to be approved nor Mix and match vape systems, tanks, RDA,s VW mods, etc.

the docs strongly stress repeatability of vape results. ie consistency in the vapor. and removing the possibility of abuse. Abuse meaning vaping unapproved juice or high temp vaping, etc...
which is short says only factory coils and prefilled pods and such on fixed wattage device with no interchange of pod to a different device.

Wow, depressing. I can see people vaping pods during the day to save their juice and nic supply. And their good gear. :cry:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Pretty much or your customers will not learn to DIY if they are ignorant about what is coming.

That as well. This whole thing with corona and now the Regs are going to send so many people back to smoking. And it’s prolly what was intended.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
vendors left it to manufacturers to deal with PMTA rather then stand stronger more unified such as what happened across the pond but this being the good old fuck your wallet USA and the nanny state it has become. First step Ban , Hand over to Big T then Pass expensive and still addictive products to keep that MSA money rolling.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
LOL and I just posted this:

???

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Joe - the end has arrived - what does it really mean???

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
vendors left it to manufacturers to deal with PMTA rather then stand stronger more unified such as what happened across the pond but this being the good old fuck your wallet USA and the nanny state it has become. First step Ban , Hand over to Big T then Pass expensive and still addictive products to keep that MSA money rolling.

Also, people got so caught up in corona, that nothing else was really talked about, imho. I understand why, but NY’s ban was sleazed through by Cuomo during the plague, so it didn’t stop the opposition at all.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not so much worried about the flavorings themselves as they'll survive, what isn't mentioned are the pre-mixed flavorings. Mixed flavorings like BluBacco, Holy-PoPo, Gooey Cinnamon Roll, Rob's Blackjack, pretty much all of DIYFS stuff, the OSDIYS stuff, etc.

Sure, you could maybe clone some, but if anyone recalls the Boba's Bounty fiasco...ACK!! I switched to Bounty Hunter...then THAT went away. Nothing has ever come close since, even though at least one site claims to have it.

Things created for vaping and without much of a use otherwise. :(

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not so much worried about the flavorings themselves as they'll survive, what isn't mentioned are the pre-mixed flavorings. Mixed flavors like BluBacco, Holy-PoPo, Gooey Cinnamon Roll, Rob's Blackjack, pretty much all of DIYFS stuff, the OSDIYS stuff, etc.

Sure, you could maybe clone some, but if anyone recalls the Boba's Bounty fiasco...ACK!! I switched to Bounty Hunter...then THAT went away. Nothing has ever come close since, even though at least one site claims to have it.

Things created for vaping and without much of a use otherwise. :(

I bought a one shot from ECX (I think) called Django’s Bounty, that is supposed to be like Boba’s. I haven’t mixed it yet and I never had Boba’s, but you can try 15ml and see if you like it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made 240 ml of Cromwell's custard yesterday. Took all of 15 minutes, including cleanup and cost under $5.

DIY is the future of vaping in the US.

VU Sponsors