Become a Patron!

VAPE MAIL BAN inspired impulse purchase, need advice

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(should I have posted this to a help forum for newbs?)

I am fairly new to the world of DIY eliquids, been warming up to the idea for awhile when suddenly the vape mail ban was upon me and I had a decision to make. I had tried watching a few tutorials but had not made progress when this happened...

I knew I had waited too long when I realized NicRiver was no longer selling nicotine

I went to a competitor's website. Seemingly at the last possible moment, I ordered alot of nicotine - at twice the price. SMH, I waited too long. I don't know what degree of panic took over, but I quickly purchased 2 gallons of 100mg Nicotine (ALL VG).
Buyer's Remorse says the obvious: Why didn't I purchase half PG the other half VG? had something to do with a tutorial I was watching at the time I ordered and in retrospect I probably wouldn't have spent so much without researching more options. Kicking myself because now I don't know what to do with it! But I can learn, right?!
I normally I vape 3-6mg. and enjoy some very vanilla flavors that I imagine being able to conjure up my own so...
Any suggestions on where I can go from here? I am not in a hurry to use it all up, thank goodness for that small favor. Was this purchase not a complete waste of resources.? I usually vape around 70/30 or 80/20, 3-6mg and flavors are secondary importance to me at this juncture, just want to figure out how to dilute (nic), create the vg/pg ratio, discover some URL's or youtube channels to assist me in this venture

If you're still reading, thank you and if you reply: AN ENORMOUS WINDFALL OF GOOD KARMA 4 ASSISTING A STRANDED FOOL LIKE ME! Again, much appreciate your feedback. Perhaps later I will tidy up this post, shorten its length significantly (!)

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congratulations on jumping into that rabbit/gopher hole known as DIY. :giggle: BTW, you did post in the right place!

As @Cosmic said get your nic into the fridge as soon as possible. While working on crafting your own recipes find some known good recipes here on VU or at https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ which also has a good calculator. Mix them up so you have something to vape on while working on your masterpiece. The calculator will tell you how much of everything you need to add to make your juice. As @Lady Sarah said your VG based nic will not cause you any problems in getting your ratios correct.

Using VG based nic you will need to mix it up well before decanting and using as pockets of pure nic will form which means some of your mixes may not have any nic and others will have way more nic than you want. Work out of small bottles of nic and warm it up to room temp when mixing as VG is very thick when chilled. Most folks store their nic in the freezer in 120 or 250 ml glass bottles and use 30 ml bottles for working on recipes.

Enjoy your journey, we'll be here to help.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Google e-liquid recipes.there is a calculator that will show you the amounts to mix.
Read our forum and you will get the jist of DIY mixing, ask questions.. they will be answered.
check out Rugly Juice recipes on you tube, he has a great beginner series...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here are the two parts that can serve as an example of how to create a recipe on e-liquid-recipes.com. In my recipe where I have PG and VG content of nicotine, you'd just change the VG to 100 and the PG would change itself to 0. It would automatically adjust the measurements in the recipe to tell you how many grams of 100mg nicotine to use in the recipe. Enter all the parameters in the first part to your own preferences.

You also need bottles of plain VG, plain PG (if you aren't using max VG), and flavors. There is no need to mix PG nic and VG nic EVER afaik.

Buy a scale that reads down to 0.01 grams. You can get one on Amazon for as little as $12. Use the grams measurements in the recipe to measure out the amount of each component that is needed. Tare the scale between compounds if you aren't good at figuring it out in your head. Always put your bottle that you'll mix into on the scale and press the tare button before you start mixing, so you get all the amounts right (what you mix won't include the weight of the bottle itself).

In the recipe below, for each flavor I wanted to add, I'd click the "Add Flavors" button and then specify the name of the flavor (including the maker) and the percentage of the flavor to include in the recipe.

Before you start to create a recipe you should list all your flavors in the e-liquid-recipes "Flavor Stash." I believe you'll find access to that under the "User" menu. Then you can start to create a recipe by clicking the "Create Recipe" link at the top of the page.

Example:

1619880012894.png

Lemon Sandy.jpg

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have nothing to add! Lol! Everyone has covered all the bases. Take advantage of all the knowledge here on VU. No stupid questions. We have some great mixers here! 😄

VU Sponsors