Become a Patron!

Vape Price Comparison Website. In Which Category Should I Invest my time first?

In Which Category Should I Invest my time first?

• (Devices) Vape Mods (+ Squonk), Pod Vapes, Vape Pens

• (E-liquids) Vape Juices, Nic Salts

• (Vape Parts) Vape Tanks, RTA's,RDA's etc.

• (Alternative Devices) Vaporizers (Portable, Desktop), Dab/Wax Pens, Oil Vape

• (CBD) CBD Vape Juices, CBD Cartridges

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi,

It's not a secret that I have several posts related to my vape price comparison website.

I need your help guys one more time. Your feedback really helps me to make a better product for a vaping community.

So the deal is:

I have a website called vaposearch (I don't want to spam and won't leave a link here).

Vaposearh has a few main categories where you can compare prices.

And I need your help to define which categories I need to improve first (find more retailers, improve quality, and add my latest feature automated out of stock tracking).

All the categories I've listed in poll section.

P.S. If you want to check the website just google it Vaposearch.

Thank you in advance

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's another site like that. Vapecrawler.com. They don't really have categories. More of just a search engine that brings up the sites with the item being searched. But it is an older site and a lot of the sites turn out to be out of stock. Not sure which I would start category wise honestly. People love squonk mods but at the same time pods are taking the world by storm. Lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you read their "terms and conditions" webpage, you'll soon find that most webshops are heavily restricting what you can do with their web content. Probably it explains why vapecrawler was dead in the water before it took off.

If you read their "terms and conditions" webpage, you'll soon find that most webshops are heavily restricting what you can do with their web content. Probably it explains why vapecrawler was dead in the water before it took off.
Yeah, it's true, that's why I'm trying to partner with all of those websites. In the case of a partnership, I can do more.
Check out of stock and prices, etc.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's true, that's why I'm trying to partner with all of those websites. In the case of a partnership, I can do more.
Check out of stock and prices, etc.
Many wholesalers effectively force retailers to keep the retail price of some products above a certain minimum price for the first period, followed by a second period of price drops and promotions, if the item in question hasn't been sold out just about everywhere yet. A hefty promotion on a slightly older, yet not entirely obsolete, item can be a solid reason to want to finally order the item that used to be too expensive during the first months after its first appearance, BUT... you'd also have to look at the shipping cost in a wider context because the total price of what's in the shopping cart that gets calculated at checkout heavily depends on what other items are present in the shopping cart. E.g., how much does the customer need to spend on additional items to become eligible for free shipping or for some other bonus, or, if there is no free shipping or bonus being offered, then how does the shipping cost change as a function of what's being put in the shopping cart (i.e., the resulting package size and weight)? How is the total price of all the items that a given person has put on his/her shopping list being affected by adding/removing items from the list and/or by splitting the list across multiple vendors and/or by going for a different item (e.g., choosing a kit that's a mod plus a tank versus choosing just the mod plus a separate tank, the latter tank either being the same one or a different one that might also be a better one so then another part of the question will be the price difference between getting the better one and not getting). Is there a customer loyalty programme that lets the customer save up store credit points that he/she can turn in during some other purchase at some time in the future? So it becomes a little more complicated, when comparing the total sum of multiple price differences tends to be among the very best ways to save more money. That's why I think you might want to add in detailed vendor-specific info as much as possible, like, what's the overall customer satisfaction level of the vendor, how many customers have rated the vendor, how long does it usually take to deliver an order, where are the items being shipped from, what are the available payment options, you know... various stuff like that.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A good point above. If a store has good pricing g but takes 3 weeks to get it out the door I'd buy from a more expensive place

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
For time first, I chose juice since it's a regional purchase. Some criteria you learn/use to list juice could be used to later list the larger worldwide category of hardware and where to buy.

VU Sponsors