Become a Patron!

Vape still has a slight burnt taste to it

So last night I was sitting around with some friends and forgot to lock my vape in my pocket, I sat on the button for about 10 seconds before realizing the burning in my pocket. I pulled out my vape to smell an awful burnt juice smell with a brownish coil (I could tell I had to switch it of course) I got home and switched the coil to a brand new one, primed and everything, cleaned all parts of the tank thoroughly, put juice in and waited 10 minutes for the coil to soak the juice in. When I went to use to it still tastes a bit burnt, its not an overwhelming burnt taste but its enough to make my hits dry and somewhat tasteless. Does anyone have an idea what could still be wrong? Thank you, and I'll provide info about my mod below if it helps.

Mod: Kaos Z
Tank: Smok Baby Beast
Coil: Baby Q2
Wattage: I used 40w-55w (I start low with a new coil and go up)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe it needs to be cleaned better. people normally use vodka
Yup. A good vodka soak should do the trick. And maybe replace the orings. They’re plastic and may still be holding the burnt taste.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Maybe break it down and check to make sure none of the orings or rubber grommets didn't get a little burnt.

Something may have got just a little burnt and it still could be adding the burnt flavor to your juice.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yup. A good vodka soak should do the trick. And maybe replace the orings. They’re plastic and may still be holding the burnt taste.

LOL., I was posting mine as you were posting yours.
Pretty much the same advice.:)

Maybe break it down and check to make sure none of the orings or rubber grommets didn't get a little burnt.

Something may have got just a little burnt and it still could be adding the burnt flavor to your juice.

Thanks everyone, tried soaking rubber and plastic pieces in warm lemon water for an hour or two and it did the trick (just about the same as the vodka idea I suppose) and now my vape has a nice faint lemon taste!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Thanks everyone, tried soaking rubber and plastic pieces in warm lemon water for an hour or two and it did the trick (just about the same as the vodka idea I suppose) and now my vape has a nice faint lemon taste!

I'd take the faint lemon taste over a burnt taste (or faint vodka taste) any day.:)

The best part is by the time you see this message the lemon taste will probably be gone.

VU Sponsors