Become a Patron!

Vape Suggestions

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Roughly 90% of vaping devices are portable. That means there's a lot one could suggest. Can you perhaps try to be a bit more specific?

Do you want the full on "just like a cigarette" experience?

Are you willing to try out direct lung vaping?

Do you like mouth to lung style better?

Are you going to stealth vape?

Want a pod style, or willing to use an advanced personal vaporizer?

Do you need a regulated device or mechanical one?

I know these might seem difficult questions to answer without having vaped. I think if you do a little more reading and research though you can probably answer them. And please understand I'm not trying to put you off in this post. I'm actually trying to be helpful.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
When I first wanted to try vaping to quit smoking over 6 years ago- I went to Walgreens and bought the Mistic Bridge Kits(cigalikes) with some cartomizers and some of the Haus Eliquid that I saw on display and bought those instead of packs of cigarettes- I gave myself two weeks to cut down and set my quit date.
Worked for me- few months later I went to a local vape shop and they set me up with the Kanger Evods Kit.

Maybe going to a vape shop if there is one in your area- then you get to see the different types of vape gear, vape shops are usually more expensive so you can figure out what you like and then shop online for a better price. Like Magic Mist pointed out- there are so many types of gear.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been vaping for some time now. I have plenty of gear to choose from depending how I feel. So I am not a pod guy however my b&m had a special. Choice of several different pod devices and a choice of a bottle of nic salts for $20. I chose a sour strawberry & watermelon juice at 35mg nic salt and a Vaporesso osmall. The osmall feels cheap as it is plastic. When I viewed them online I found them for as little S $8. Well man, I have no regrets buying it. The flavor is awesome. The sour juice as well as a couple of other that I had here. They all taste great. Also it hits just like a cig. With a little work I can get a restricted direct lung. If I really try to. I do like this thin very much and if anything happens to it I order a new one for $10. If you are looking for a cig like vaping experience I suggest the Vaporesso Osmall. Peace and love to all.
Rick

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for some time now. I have plenty of gear to choose from depending how I feel. So I am not a pod guy however my b&m had a special. Choice of several different pod devices and a choice of a bottle of nic salts for $20. I chose a sour strawberry & watermelon juice at 35mg nic salt and a Vaporesso osmall. The osmall feels cheap as it is plastic. When I viewed them online I found them for as little S $8. Well man, I have no regrets buying it. The flavor is awesome. The sour juice as well as a couple of other that I had here. They all taste great. Also it hits just like a cig. With a little work I can get a restricted direct lung. If I really try to. I do like this thin very much and if anything happens to it I order a new one for $10. If you are looking for a cig like vaping experience I suggest the Vaporesso Osmall. Peace and love to all.
Rick

About how long on average does the 350 mAh battery last you? That has always been the big sticky issue for me deciding against buying a pod device.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
About how long on average does the 350 mAh battery last you? That has always been the big sticky issue for me deciding against buying a pod device.
Who said anything about a 350mah device? Many pods systems have 2000 or 3000 mah batteries.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Guys,

New to vaping, trying to give up smoking cigarettes.

Looking for a portable vape, any suggestions??
Welcome and congrats on your journey to quitting cigarettes!

There are so many good pod systems on the market, you have a lot of options. I don't use them, but my suggestion would be to look at a brand like Vaporesso, Voopoo, or Aspire. The larger companies not only use plug and play coils but their coils should be readily available for the life of your device.

Do you have a vape shop near you? That's how I started my journey

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would start on something like the Uwell Caliburn. Get two then you can use one when other is charging. Then grab some nic salts :) portable setup sorted :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Who said anything about a 350mah device? Many pods systems have 2000 or 3000 mah batteries.

The manufacturer. Look at the specifications on the site. Unless there's another pod mod called an osmall? Same specs in their store front. Same on Element Vape.

Not denying some pod mods got 2-3000 mAh batteries. @Bigrick though was talking about the osmall. It only has 350 mAh for a battery. I looked it up and saw the battery size. Tiny batteries and me seem to disagree.

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the Osmall is 650mah not 100% sure though. No big issues as it is only a carry around. Seems to charge in about an hour.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I decided to try to quit smoking, I tried the cig-a-likes. They suck. Then I saw the receptionist at my doctor's office with a vape mod and asked about it. That led me to go to a vape store, see what they had and buy a mod kit and juice.

I would suggest going to a vape store like I did. Not everybody is going to want to use the same vape gear, especially when starting out. Any employee worth their salt will know about the products they sell.

Hint: if you walk into a shop, and the only vapes they sell are pod devices, you might want to find a different shop. Not saying you won't like pods, but you might like RDAs RTAs, or RDTAs. You will like the freedom to choose.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When I decided to try to quit smoking, I tried the cig-a-likes. They suck. Then I saw the receptionist at my doctor's office with a vape mod and asked about it. That led me to go to a vape store, see what they had and buy a mod kit and juice.

I would suggest going to a vape store like I did. Not everybody is going to want to use the same vape gear, especially when starting out. Any employee worth their salt will know about the products they sell.

Hint: if you walk into a shop, and the only vapes they sell are pod devices, you might want to find a different shop. Not saying you won't like pods, but you might like RDAs RTAs, or RDTAs. You will like the freedom to choose.
Ergggh, tell me about it, Pods! Not knocking them as they are part of all the ways to stop smoking. But all I get emails about these days from the online shops I buy from is Pods this, Pods that, new Pods, Pod sale, buy a Pod get a Pod free! :gaah: :tantrum:
Its like the manufacturers have stopped making cool mods and tanks and are just focusing on.......PODS! :xD:
We need a vape task force, the Pod Police, to put and end to this madness!
Though maybe someone better than Chief Wiggam!
images (38).jpeg

VapeGod22

Unlisted Vendor
Hey!

I would suggest you:
  • SMOK SCAR-18 230W Starter Kit.
  • Avenger Baby 108W TC Starter Kit.
  • Target PM80 Pod Mod Kit - Vaporesso.
  • Suorin Edge Pod Mod System.
  • Vaptio Spin-It Vape Pen Starter Kit - Vaptio.
  • Vape Pen 22 Starter Kit – Smok.
  • Compak A1 Ultra Portable Pod System - Sigelei.
If you are looking to order some staff check out (spam link deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would make a suggestion , but as usual the OP has not cheeked the thread since he/she joined on Feb 22. Tired of these posts....
Yeah, ask a question and dont bother to respond to answers or have the courtesy to simply hit the like tab for the effort others give to help. Seems to be the majority do this these days. There the ones you hold a door open for and say nothing, give way to driving when you dont have to and dont bother acknowledging it. The me me me generation, the worlds here to serve me.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, ask a question and dont bother to respond to answers or have the courtesy to simply hit the like tab for the effort others give to help. Seems to be the majority do this these days. There the ones you hold a door open for and say nothing, give way to driving when you dont have to and dont bother acknowledging it. The me me me generation, the worlds here to serve me.
Maybe I am just getting old and crotchety........I want to yell "get off my grass" .... :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*kicks a tumbleweed, just passing by ....pauses in his stride, ... looks around, lifts his foot, and pulls the gum off his sole ... puts it in the tumbleweed, wanders on an innocent look on his face ...*

(Time Passes)

The tumbleweed has gathered dirt, grime, dust, all kinds of nefarious elements unto itself and now stands prepared to take over the world as The Toxic Revenger. (Cue Dramatic Heroic Fanfare) "Enter the noble custodian" ... *He zigs, he zags, he sighs, he keeps on keeping on until he passes out somewhere down the trail*

(Still, More Time Passes)

When asked by a courageous news reporter the Toxic Revenger says it is going to Dollywood. Overhearing this on a pub television the noble custodian shrugs, ... wait, our noble custodian doesn't visit pubs, ah, the local market then. He shrugs, buys his imported Japanese cheap food items, and heads out to nom down on them whilst looking at crap on telly at home.

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
*kicks a tumbleweed, just passing by ....pauses in his stride, ... looks around, lifts his foot, and pulls the gum off his sole ... puts it in the tumbleweed, wanders on an innocent look on his face ...*

(Time Passes)

The tumbleweed has gathered dirt, grime, dust, all kinds of nefarious elements unto itself and now stands prepared to take over the world as The Toxic Revenger. (Cue Dramatic Heroic Fanfare) "Enter the noble custodian" ... *He zigs, he zags, he sighs, he keeps on keeping on until he passes out somewhere down the trail*

When asked by a courageous news reporter the Toxic Revenger says it is going to Dollywood. Overhearing this on a pub television the noble custodian shrugs, ... wait, our noble custodian doesn't visit pubs, ah, the local market then. He shrugs, buys his imported Japanese cheap food items, and heads out to nom down on them whilst looking at crap on telly at home.
I think you have found the lead character for your book...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

(Time Passes)

:popcorn:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(In some alternate reality, far, far, far, away ... who do we kid? It's just around the corner, ...)

Our noble custodian sits looking at crap on television he hears called WWE Wrestlemania thirty-seven. His bowl of kimchee in hand when the Toxic Revenger bursts through the wall of his room.

"You," The Revenger shouts while grabbing the Kimchee from him.

Thinking ever so slowly the custodian realizes he's in dire trouble, it is the only bowl of kimchee for miles. "Unhand that, fiend," he growls at the Revenger. At that moment the bell for the current match on the wrestling show rings.

Revenger hits Custodian with a snap mare take over. Custodian counters by sliding to his left as Revenger tries to grapple him into a sleeper hold. This lets the Custodian raise a knee into the revenger's face. *Chock!*

"Did you hear how hard he hit him," an announcer calls. The Revenger stunned hits the Custodian with a patented Flair chop. The Custodian is knocked to the mat and the Revenger covers for a count of three. He then makes his escape with kimchee in hand.

Our noble Custodian is left to sit watching the wrestling munching on crystallized ginger, and his trail mix. He wonders if the kimchee was good, if so does the Revenger even know its mystical properties. *cue ominous music* ... (To Be Continued, Or Not ...)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should try to use vapes with lower percentage of nicotine

Can you explain why you hold that opinion?

Be aware I have vaped for five to seven years. Also, the whole time I have vaped 18 mg nicotine per 1 ml of ejuice. I tried using only 12 mg per 1 ml of juice for about a week.

That led me to realize I need &/ prefer using 18 mg strength. I use mostly RDAs / RSAs and advanced personal vaping devices that go squonk. Most of those devices are mechanical and not regulated.

I vape what I feel need to vape &/ prefer vaping. What I always try to suggest to anyone is they do the same. That noted I'm curious why you hold your opinion people should use lower nicotine? I can think of one valid reason and it is a good one. Let's read your reasoning, shall we?

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That tone of full stop isn't good.

The question I asked in my last post was actually asked by a guy in boot camp. We had got ready for the gas chamber. The company commander as per s.o.p said if anyone had questions to ask.

After the fellow asked the CC said, "any more questions, good let's go." Lost count how many come out and tossed up green slime that morning. Mustard gas before breakfast, tsk, I tell you if it don't taste of victory I don't know what does.

Borrowing Mr. Churchill, "If you're going through Hell, ... keep going." We're in the bowels of it as well because you know all us dogs we never walk alone, got to hang together. :) By the way, ... :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That tone of full stop isn't good.

The question I asked in my last post was actually asked by a guy in boot camp. We had got ready for the gas chamber. The company commander as per s.o.p said if anyone had questions to ask.

After the fellow asked the CC said, "any more questions, good let's go." Lost count how many come out and tossed up green slime that morning. Mustard gas before breakfast, tsk, I tell you if it don't taste of victory I don't know what does.

Borrowing Mr. Churchill, "If you're going through Hell, ... keep going." We're in the bowels of it as well because you know all us dogs we never walk alone, got to hang together. :) By the way, ... :hug:
Sorry I dont follow what you mean that tone isnt good! No tone was intended at anyone. I simply decided my post wasn't really funny and could offend so deleted it. The site wont allow me to delete a post and requires at least some character so a full stop achieved it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I dont follow what you mean that tone isnt good! No tone was intended at anyone. I simply decided my post wasn't really funny and could offend so deleted it. The site wont allow me to delete a post and requires at least some character so a full stop achieved it.
Thought maybe you got maudlin.

VU Sponsors