Become a Patron!

Vapecige - VTX 200 TC MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the VTX 200w Mod from Vapecige. The VTX 200w Box Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Trinity from Vapecige.

http://www.vapecige.com/vtx200/

In the Box

Contents:

1x VTX200 MOD
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x Quality control card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The box the VTX 200 comes in has a viewing window and the device is packed face down to show the artwork on the battery door. If you like quality artwork on a device and don't have a phobia about clowns you will love this device, the artwork both looks and feels high quality, (no idea how the artwork is put on to the door and although obviously not, has a hand painted look about it). I received the device with design E, there are 5 different 3D clown designs to choose from. The base of the device has bright white branding and safety stamp as well as 3 venting holes. The 24mm 510 plate is screwed on to the device and not pressed fitted, with the 510 itself being spring loaded with a long throw. The device is narrow at the front and slopes out to be wide enough to fit 2 18650's at the back, the sides are plain. Apart from the white branding, 510 plate and battery door the rest of the device is entirely black and this is the only available colour. The front of the device has a 0.9" TFT screen sitting centrally with a nice rounded fire button above it. Finally below the screen there is the left/right rocker bar, with the USB port sitting underneath. The device has a rubberised finish which feels and looks great and is also extremely lightweight. The shape of the device is practically identical to the Minikin v2 but slightly bigger and is ergonomically spot on.

Specs:

Size: 87 x 44 x 38.5mm
Battery Type: 2x 18650 battery(Not included)
Power Range: 1W-200W
Material: ABS (lightest Mod)
Finished: Rubber paint (comfortable feeling)
0.9" TFT Screen
Main mode: TC/ Bypass Modes
Resistance Rang: 0.05ohm to 3.0ohm
Thread: 510 connector
200W powerful TC MOD by dual 18650 batteries
Fashionable Clowns 3D pattern on the battery cover
Comfortable rubber paint body
Light and high-quality ABS material
High performance TC/ Bypass mode
Micro-USB port for quick charging and firmware upgrading
5 different 3D Clown designs

Using the VTX 200W TC MOD

Both sides of the device has an indent to get your nails in to remove the battery door, when opened you can see how clean the battery tray is and battery orientation is very well marked. The door fits securely with very strong magnets and once in place it's 5 clicks to turn on the device. When the device came on i instantly liked the colourful screen, it must be the brightest and most vibrant i have come across, there is a lot of detail on it so it does have some information in a very small font. I had no issues with the size of the screen but if your're eyesight is not the best some details will be hard to read. To lock and unlock the device is 3 clicks, while locked pressing the fire and right together locks the ohms. The device needs to be locked to enter the menu system which i like, it means if you use power mode you can't accidentally vape in temp control due to buttons getting pressed in error. With the device locked press the left and right together and you are now in the very simple menu system. Each press of the right key displays the main screen in that mode starting with variable wattage, then the 3 temperature wires followed by bypass mode. When in temp control pressing the fire and left together allows you to adjust the wattage. That's it! a very simple device to use.
The other thing to mention is as well as displaying the battery status as a battery with bars on it, the screen also gives the battery life as a percentage.

Performance

Wow, it fires instantly, no delay whatsoever. I am very impressed with the chip in power mode the accuracy seems very good, i have seen the charts and even when the batteries have been well drained it still will fire up to approx 190w so not under-powered. I also had a quick vape with a MTL tank (this time the berserker mini) on just 16w and the device was so quiet. I only review devices in power mode but apparently despite giving a smooth vape it runs cool in temp control and you need to use the option of debugging the ohms to help rectify it. A 25mm tank fits with about 0.25 mm to play with, so a 26mm tank is not going to have enough overhang to worry most people, it looks fine. I found the battery life good and the device is firmware up-gradable.

Love the 3D clown artwork
Great Ergonomics
Nice feeling rubberised finish
Lightwieght
High wattage
Temp control
Very colourful, vibrant screen
Fires instantly
Displays battery status as percentage
Good battery life
Firmware Up-gradable

Dislikes

Some details on screen in very small font.
Tanks over 26mm will have noticeable overhang
Temp control users need to find out more information.

Conclusion

If you like good artwork and you don't have a phobia about clowns you will love this device, it feels great in the hand and fires instantly.

I would once again like to thank Trinity from Vapecige for supplying the VTX 200 TC MOD for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vapecige.com/vtx200/

VU Sponsors