Become a Patron!

Vaping a coil lower than recommended wattage

Hey I've been vaping for a few months now and I just bought the aspire cleito as an upgraded tank to my original kangertech suntan nano. The coils minimum wattage says 40 watts but I find it way too hot for my liking. I used to be around 17 to 25 with my old tank. How low can I go with the coil if I can at all. Oh and I'm using istick tc 40 watt.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go as low as you like - it doesn't hurt the coil. But you may find the flavor greatly reduced if it's below recommended wattage!

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I might be good around 25 to 30 watts and work my way up a little by little. Would a higher watt battery make a difference also?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome. Thanks for the input. I might be good around 25 to 30 watts and work my way up a little by little. Would a higher watt battery make a difference also?
Your 40 watt Istick has a built in battery, right? No, no difference. You're still getting 30 watts no matter what battery you use! (Batteries aren't rated in watts!).

Yeah battery is built on. I wasn't sure if the unit is working harder because it's almost at its max wattage output. I'm newish to this so I'm still learning. It never ends. Lol

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I've been vaping for a few months now and I just bought the aspire cleito as an upgraded tank to my original kangertech suntan nano. The coils minimum wattage says 40 watts but I find it way too hot for my liking. I used to be around 17 to 25 with my old tank. How low can I go with the coil if I can at all. Oh and I'm using istick tc 40 watt.

The overall shape and size, the dimensions of the factory coil head body, the size of the juice holes and even the amount of wicking material in an entire tank system are designed to give optimal performance... within a range of wattage.

If you go too low (too high will burn, obviously) you will have less vapor (no big deal) and possibly excess un-vaporized juice on the wick creating mild flooding and gurgling.

But it won't hurt anything. Not the tank, not the coil, not the mod.
If you can get a more pleasant vape at a lower wattage... go for it.

VU Sponsors