Become a Patron!

Vaping after wisdom teeth removal

bigt_92

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got 2 wisdom teeth removed last Friday (it’s been 6 days) and my dentist gave me the all clear on day 3 to go ahead and vape. However I’m finding so many different answers everywhere that I have no idea when it’s ok to do so. I’ve waited this long so far and am not sure if it’s a good idea, yet I’m itching to chuck some clouds lol. Anyone have experience with this?

bigt_92

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got 2 wisdom teeth removed last Friday (it’s been 6 days) and my dentist gave me the all clear on day 3 to go ahead and vape. However I’m finding so many different answers everywhere that I have no idea when it’s ok to do so. I’ve waited this long so far and am not sure if it’s a good idea, yet I’m itching to chuck some clouds lol. Anyone have experience with this?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Getting wisdom pulled teeth sucks. Do the mouth half open thing (the one that gives you hiccups if you do it too much). Worked for me although not nowhere near as satisfying. beware of the dry socket if you suck too hard

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I had to have a split molar pulled.. You do NOT want any form of suction in yer mouth as that flesh is healing up - it can cause bleeding and tearing of the healing meat.

I specifically will NOT tell you NOT to vape thru yer schnoz - Because do or don't yer gonna' get an image that is laughworthy - and still trumps flooding your mouth with clots and blood. ;-P

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

If your dentist says its okay to vape, I highly doubt VU members are more qualified to give advice on this than your dentist, lol

Just stay extra hydrated (which you should be doing anyway) and you should be fine; if you aren't, stop until you are

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
get some tea bags and put them in the socket it will help stop the bleeding and if you can bear it vape away it will suck and you will lose alot of blood

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And the main thing is, avoid hard suction. If you're into "chucking clouds", that's probably not an issue. I used to smoke after tooth extractions, by cutting half the filters off about half a pk of smokes, so I didn't have to draw so hard on them. By the time the half pk was gone (half a day), the bleeding was over.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always found it hilarious when dentists or docs would say something like that. As if I had the slightest control over whether I smoked or not -- smoking was GOING TO HAPPEN -- I just cut the filters in half so I didn't get the bleeding restarted.

The only thing that has EVER made it possible to not smoke, is VAPING. So yeah, I'd vape after some dental procedure too... but I'd try to not draw so hard.

Andria

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have not lived untill you experience the joys of dry socket. If your dentist is cool though he may call in a refill on the Percocet. Good times. Seriously dry socket SUCKS, so take care if you must vape. Good luck and may the Force be with you.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't Drive......

Attachments

• LiveLeak-dot-com-oldladydriving_1535639291.gif
    LiveLeak-dot-com-oldladydriving_1535639291.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 9

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it has been 6 days and your dentist says it would be OK I would go for it. If your worried watch the suction. When I had my teeth pulled I vaped the same day. However that was me. Dry socket does suck, I had it years ago. What is even worse is the packing they put in it, it tasted like crap.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you can stand it without sneezing, do the suck, breath suck method, with a half open mouth.

If you up your nic for a while you can get through it.

There is not as much vape production but you can scratch that itch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Master Rahl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was still a smoker when I had 2 of my wisdoms pulled cant attest to vaping but I continued to smoke the day I had them pulled very careful on the draws kept the suction as low as possible. Long as you dont try power hitting it I'm sure you would be fine.

VU Sponsors