Become a Patron!

Vaping and oral health

Anyone experience changes in gums since vaping? I smoked for 35+years which was (of course) partially blamed for my periodontal issues - I am a grinder. I have had 3 bone grafts, 2 implants, and some more severe gum recession is going to lead to another couple of grafts. I get my teeth cleaned 4 times per year and get complimented each time about how good they look. But the gums and the pockets don't improve. Just wondering if anyone who had these type of issues noticed improvement when vaping instead...... When a dermatologist blamed smoking for the peeling skin on my hands I started wondering if blaming smoking is just a stock answer. Waiting to see if all my ills are cured since I quit, or will they now try to tell me vaping is the problem?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gum and dental issues can certainly be hereditary. Medicines can even cause issues. Smoking, as we all know causes all kinds of issues. Most vapers experiences changes when they quit smoking, not just in their mouths, but all over. More times than not, I read about improvements. If things seem worse after quitting smoking, I sometimes think that's part of the process. If things don't begin to improve in time, then it's definitely for a doctor to say.

Stay hydrated, too.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone experience changes in gums since vaping? I smoked for 35+years which was (of course) partially blamed for my periodontal issues - I am a grinder. I have had 3 bone grafts, 2 implants, and some more severe gum recession is going to lead to another couple of grafts. I get my teeth cleaned 4 times per year and get complimented each time about how good they look. But the gums and the pockets don't improve. Just wondering if anyone who had these type of issues noticed improvement when vaping instead...... When a dermatologist blamed smoking for the peeling skin on my hands I started wondering if blaming smoking is just a stock answer. Waiting to see if all my ills are cured since I quit, or will they now try to tell me vaping is the problem?
Its been over 2 years since I stopped smoking and I have had massive Dental issues... I am just now starting to recover if this helps..I would suggest going to see a Doctor just for a good check though..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Part of the issue is the burning tobacco causes extreme vaso constriction in the mouth, which does hide a ton of issues.
Next is hydration since dry teeth leads to rampant decay.
YMMV.

VU Sponsors