Become a Patron!

Vaping clouds while driving.... Hmmmm!!

That's happened too many times to me to. Would be hilarious if the anti vapers out there picked up on this legitimate danger of vaping. Also, had bought a new car around the time I started and it had a really bad film on inside of front window. Mind you I waited two years before cleaning. Anyone else get that?

springer

Just like Jerry
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
That's happened too many times to me to. Would be hilarious if the anti vapers out there picked up on this legitimate danger of vaping. Also, had bought a new car around the time I started and it had a really bad film on inside of front window. Mind you I waited two years before cleaning. Anyone else get that?
Yah. I get a film on my windshield of my jeep after vaping in it for a while. Haha I usually clean it every few weeks or when it gets noticeable. I do a lot of night driving to my late classes and having a foggy view ain’t good. Haha

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yah. I get a film on my windshield of my jeep after vaping in it for a while. Haha I usually clean it every few weeks or when it gets noticeable. I do a lot of night driving to my late classes and having a foggy view ain’t good. Haha

My roof will be coming off my Wrangler soon. I love vaping then because it gets sucked up and out before hitting the windshield. And it probably confuses those behind me.

springer

Just like Jerry
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I wish I could take the roof off of mine. Haha. O well I have recently taken my msf course and am about to get my motorcycle license. I think it would really confuse people if I vaped at a stop light or something like that. Haha. Would the vapor stay in the helmet for a few??? Imma try it real quick.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday at a Red Light a TLC Driver in a big black Suburban vaped with his windows rolled up and when he turned to my direction I gave him the MOD Toast which he returned!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could take the roof off of mine. Haha. O well I have recently taken my msf course and am about to get my motorcycle license. I think it would really confuse people if I vaped at a stop light or something like that. Haha. Would the vapor stay in the helmet for a few??? Imma try it real quick.

A mech squonker attached to the helmet would be something. You slap the side of your head to add juice...how great would that be?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Mine need a serious cleaning.

I have found that you have to keep up on it or it builds up and takes even longer to clean the windows. With all the glass in my truck it takes a while to do when I detail it on the average of every 2 weeks. I also keep a microfiber cloth under the seat for when I see I missed a spot or start getting a little build up.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found that you have to keep up on it or it builds up and takes even longer to clean the windows. With all the glass in my truck it takes a while to do when I detail it on the average of every 2 weeks. I also keep a microfiber cloth under the seat for when I see I missed a spot or start getting a little build up.

Ummm, I might be spending a day cleaning mine. It's been a while. It looks like chore time for the boys.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ummm, I might be spending a day cleaning mine. It's been a while. It looks like chore time for the boys.

When it comes to the glass that old saying comes to mind.............

If you want it done right you have to do it yourself!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
While driving today I stopped at a light and went to blow my cloud out the drivers window but the wind decided to blow right in my face and sent the cloud back into my vehicle. Good thing I have power windows so I could open the passenger side!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While driving today I stopped at a light and went to blow my cloud out the drivers window but the wind decided to blow right in my face and sent the cloud back into my vehicle. Good thing I have power windows so I could open the passenger side!

Still much better than throwing a butt at the closed window...nah, I've never done that. :cool:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still much better than throwing a butt at the closed window...nah, I've never done that. :cool:

Or throwing it out the open window... and it then flies right back in! I have holes in the back of several shirts. :D And if you think driving while vaping is difficult, you oughta try driving when there's a hot cigarette ember between you and the seat. :giggle:

Andria

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A coworker and I were exchanging some flavors outside of work this morning together we fogged up the whole employee parking lot... Imagine doing that on the road going about 50-60 seems dangerous af.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another thing to be careful of when vaping and driving is not to hold your MOD and hit the + button! Fried a few coils because I fired them at 4-5 times the maximum wattage! Aspire BVC coils are toast fired at 50 Watts!

Last edited:

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another thing to be careful of when vaping and driving is not to hold your hold and hit the + button! Fried a few coils because I fired them at 4-5 times the maximum wattage! Aspire BVC coils are toast fired at 50 Watts!
Not a problem with my mod and I build my own coils so frying them is just annoying not expensive.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Auto manufacturers ought to bring back wing windows...and market them as a new thing for vapers.

Automatic power windows is a beautiful thing though! One push of the button and it goes all the way down....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But when they did away with rain gutters on vehicles that I think was a big mistake! Have opened the window to exhaust a cloud and gotten soaked or womped with snow off the roof many times.

JmVape1988

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha one thing I remember when I vape and clouds are blowing on my car. My parents was freak out they thought my car is blowing up lol.

JayyVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just keep the window cracked and blow it out. I’ve always wondered what it looks like to the car behind me... just a big cloud coming out of a persons window lol.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I just roll down the rear window of my truck and let it look like Im rolling coal or experiencing a car fire.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We can actually get a fine here in England for vaping while driving, and I also believe points on your license (We have a points system, 12 points, lose your license. You only have 6 points in your first 2 years of driving. Something like getting a speeding ticket can land you with 3-6 points depending how far over, so a new driver could lose their license for speeding).

This is at the discretion of the officer though, and if it is impairing your vision. If you are vaping with the window open blowing out, or using something that doesn't produce much vapour, you will likely be fine. If you have all the windows closed and are chain vaping a sub ohm set up, if you are seen you will be done for driving with obscured vision.
Depending on how many points you have, or how many they decide to give you, it could be bye bye driving.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah we have the obstructed vision laws here also but you can remove the obstruction and have the ticket canceled but still pay court costs. I wonder if you could get away with that by by clearing the cloud? Ha Hah

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
We can actually get a fine here in England for vaping while driving, and I also believe points on your license (We have a points system, 12 points, lose your license. You only have 6 points in your first 2 years of driving. Something like getting a speeding ticket can land you with 3-6 points depending how far over, so a new driver could lose their license for speeding).

This is at the discretion of the officer though, and if it is impairing your vision. If you are vaping with the window open blowing out, or using something that doesn't produce much vapour, you will likely be fine. If you have all the windows closed and are chain vaping a sub ohm set up, if you are seen you will be done for driving with obscured vision.
Depending on how many points you have, or how many they decide to give you, it could be bye bye driving.

Your right it comes under driving without due care and attention. But as you also stated (and the chief constable) keep a window open and you'll be fine. Basically don't take the piss or be a dick.

I always keep a window Down whilst driving and I've been pulled a few times but only because they thought my vape was my phone (illegal to use whilst driving, or in control of a vehicle)

I'm curious as to their views on topping up a dripper or even a tank whilst driving. Dangerous driving? Reckless driving? Driving with undue care and attention?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In New York we have what they Call Distracted Driving which was meant for talking or texting and it carries a hefty fine, but I have heard rumor of people getting fined for vaping. Like I said though rumor. Don't drip and drive~!

VU Sponsors