Become a Patron!

Vaping in NY

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
30 years. 1.5-2 packs. Nic Salt allowed me to quit in one day.
What a time I decided to quit. Have to drive to CT for flavors. Definitely interested in a better solution. But good news is I'm 8 weeks free from stinkies and don't miss it one bit. I'm sippin' Red's Apple/Grape (6mg regular) in my Innokin z80. LOVING that I'm free from cigs. And FU to NY and it's BS laws!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
Congrats on quitting cigs by vaping, not easy to do in NY.
Yes NY sucks ! I stocked up before the bans hit NY last July. NY makes it impossible now for people like you to make the switch.
There are still sites that will ship to NY, it would be a good idea to get another mod system to put away in case something happens to your current set up.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Hi and Welcome-
Yes NY sucks ! I stocked up before the bans hit NY last July. NY makes it impossible now for people like you to make the switch.
There are still sites that will ship to NY, it would be a good idea to get another mod system to put away in case something happens to your current set up.
I have 1 mod and 2 pods. But I've gamed all that out. The weakpoint in any apocalyptic planning is the nicotine, and they will attack that. I don't care about coils or even devices. That can be recreated with RELATIVE ease compared to finding a scientist to synthesize nicotine, lol.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have 1 mod and 2 pods. But I've gamed all that out. The weakpoint in any apocalyptic planning is the nicotine, and they will attack that. I don't care about coils or even devices. That can be recreated with RELATIVE ease compared to finding a scientist to synthesize nicotine, lol.
I have been vaping for over 6 years- and started cutting back on nic 2 years ago and now I only vape zero nic- still no urge for cigarettes for me.
I do not DIY and knew cutting out nic for me would be the way to go.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Hi and Welcome-
I would certainly love to know who. The plan I'm currently forming is to find a brick and mortar shop that has some concentrate. I initially thought the online shops could still ship NON flavors to NY but nope. I've had no luck. I did find one place but I think it's a scam vaporvapes dot com. Very little info on them.

Can anyone tell me if VG and PG are allowed to ship to NY, and what about concentrated flavorings? I'm really longing to recreate some high PG very lightly flavored orange I had for a while....was some no name chinese thing from the smoke shop but I liked it, 24mg freebase at 12 watts has a certain something for me at certain times. Goes down easy like Gatorade, lol.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I have been vaping for over 6 years- and started cutting back on nic 2 years ago and now I only vape zero nic- still no urge for cigarettes for me.
I do not DIY and knew cutting out nic for me would be the way to go.
That's great. Were you a smoker initially? I don't miss cigs either. Vaping satisfies. And let me tell you...I was a tobacco AFICIONADO. Would have smoked pipes if I had given up cigs earlier. I still like my nic, and I'm well aware I still have an addiction. But the change had an immediate positive effect on my health.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That's great. Were you a smoker initially? I don't miss cigs either. Vaping satisfies. And let me tell you...I was a tobacco AFICIONADO. Would have smoked pipes if I had given up cigs earlier. I still like my nic, and I'm well aware I still have an addiction. But the change had an immediate positive effect on my health.
Yes I smoked about a pack a day for 30+ years. I started vaping Nov 2014- gave myself 2 weeks to quit- and completely quit on Dec. 1, 2014 and have never touched another cigarette again.
Here is a link for the DIY threads- maybe they can help you there with your eliquid questions

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I just learned something NEW~!

View attachment 185399

DP12 Double Barrel Pump Shotgun​

Round these parts you'd find "ol' boys" getting two like this, going to a unregistered gun smith. That smith would custom build you a stock and action handle, put the two barrels side by side.

You'd need a clip for the ammo. That too would be set up custom, the action, and how she ran rounds through. Figure you'll lose the synthetic stock material, pick up oak, hickory wood for it.

Sure it'll run you around $1,200 or so. Worth every plugged nickle it'll be though. Plugged nickles make sense because they stop losing cents. :)

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Hey @SteveS45 just out of snarky curiosity here. Y'all need a signed permission slip and vaccine passport to vape outside on your porches yet? :D ;) :p
I'll die first before participating in this farce. I've seen MANY things in my 20 years studying how the world works. But this hill....fake government obviously leading to mandatory vacs....this is the hill I'll die on. I don't do masks and I don't do smart phones. I'm not Mr Toughguy, but there is a limit.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU @Supernoob! :cheers:

PG, VG, and flavors have uses besides vaping, so far they haven't been banned from shipping.

My favorite flavor shop is Bull City Flavors:

You can get PG and VG on Amazon as well as other sources. There are some good threads over in the DIY section that @SnapDragon NY linked on PG and VG sources.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Welcome to VU @Supernoob! :cheers:

PG, VG, and flavors have uses besides vaping, so far they haven't been banned from shipping.

My favorite flavor shop is Bull City Flavors:

You can get PG and VG on Amazon as well as other sources. There are some good threads over in the DIY section that @SnapDragon NY linked on PG and VG sources.
Nice site, thanks! I stumbled across their DIY hard seltzer kit....hmmm, how interesting!

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Thanks but no flavors come with it right?
I dunno, the whole thing is new to me. I think you add your own flavors AND carbonation method:

-----------------
  • Yields 5 gallons of neutral 6% ABV seltzer base.
  • Includes:
  • 4.5 pounds of dextrose for a 1.040 base
  • Omega's Lutra Kveik for a fast, clean fermentation
  • A pack of Propper Seltzer nutrient to keep it healthy
We recommend kegging & force carbonating your seltzer to skip the need for refermentation, but you can find conditioning sugar here if bottling.
  • If you are bottling you can use the following:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounded interesting at first but then I read it and thought about how much work it will entail. Definitely rewarding but shit I keep 4 cases of Hard Seltzers in stock all the time~! LMAO

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Sounded interesting at first but then I read it and thought about how much work it will entail. Definitely rewarding but shit I keep 4 cases of Hard Seltzers in stock all the time~! LMAO
I never tried hard seltzer I don't think.....or if I did it was too sweet and I dismissed it. I like beer and wine but not hard liquor. So the seltzer thing sounds nice, just a twist of lime, sounds good.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
1 mod. Ummmm....to b safe you need at least 1 back up.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never tried hard seltzer I don't think.....or if I did it was too sweet and I dismissed it. I like beer and wine but not hard liquor. So the seltzer thing sounds nice, just a twist of lime, sounds good.

There was at one time just White Claw and now there are so many brands it is crazy. I like some of the Bud Light also and most are not too sweet. Right now drinking a Ruby Grapefruit~!

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
1 mod. Ummmm....to b safe you need at least 1 back up.
I agree. But I'm just getting started. I'm 2 months in and I've spend several hundred on devices, coils, and juice already. I gotta buy some real apples too to go with my Red's Apple, lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree. But I'm just getting started. I'm 2 months in and I've spend several hundred on devices, coils, and juice already. I gotta buy some real apples too to go with my Red's Apple, lol.

Be glad Flavors are not banned where you live and prepare for when they decide to do it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
coffee-red-rose.gif

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have no clue why my response includes Wb80 btw, I couldn't get rid of that box.
You may have accidentally clicked Reply on Wb80's post. To get rid of a quoted post click edit then just backspace until it disappears, if you haven't already posted you can just place the cursor below the quoted text and backspace.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You may have accidentally clicked Reply on Wb80's post. To get rid of a quoted post click edit then just backspace until it disappears, if you haven't already posted you can just place the cursor below the quoted text and backspace.

Like this since I repeated what Gopher said without realizing it~! LMAO

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I Emailed out New Governor yesterday asking her to rescind the Flavor Ban of Cuomo's and gave her some good reasons.

If y'all got like aldermen for each borough/district/sector might be wise to get each one alongside vaping. Imagine mayors then hearing from aldermen instead of individual constituents. And then the governor hears from all the mayors, who are getting flayed by aldermen who get fussed at by thousands of folks.

This gives politicians a very clear image of how the "voters" feel. Be sure to convey to aldermen that you want reasonable "hands off" vaping from government. Demonstrate CASAA's involvement in helping us self regulate. We need to start at the root to route out the problem. Everyone has a voice, start directional shouting.

Shout at aldermen, or those types in your localities. It'll go up the chain to the top, where if we do it right, we'll make all this crap against vaping stop. Use the system they got in place to keep boots on our throats, against them, turn it back on them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If y'all got like aldermen for each borough/district/sector might be wise to get each one alongside vaping. Imagine mayors then hearing from aldermen instead of individual constituents. And then the governor hears from all the mayors, who are getting flayed by aldermen who get fussed at by thousands of folks.

This gives politicians a very clear image of how the "voters" feel. Be sure to convey to aldermen that you want reasonable "hands off" vaping from government. Demonstrate CASAA's involvement in helping us self regulate. We need to start at the root to route out the problem. Everyone has a voice, start directional shouting.

Shout at aldermen, or those types in your localities. It'll go up the chain to the top, where if we do it right, we'll make all this crap against vaping stop. Use the system they got in place to keep boots on our throats, against them, turn it back on them.

I went right to the Top on her 1st day on the job~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went right to the Top on her 1st day on the job~!

Good. Understand my point though, one person emailing in, a gnat. Probably got sent a nice polite form letter thanking you for the concern, promises to look into the matter. Whereas if it starts from from the bottom of the chain electricity builds momentum. That same electricity will start "putting them in the hot seat" then too.

Governor to mayors, "you all need to work to get me re-elected."

Mayors to governor, "our aldermen won't re-elect us if you don't handle vaping."

Aldermen to mayors, "you guys need to help us. We got people threatening strikes, demonstrations, rallies. They want government out of vaping. We can't get you votes."

Is it blackmail? Sure. Is it legal? Well, it is encoded into the system. At worst one can say it "isn't cheating fair". It is though legal within the color of law.

Bullhorns make poop roll uphill in this case. :)

Last edited:

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
The problem with the government goes much deeper than vape bans. I spent 20 years figuring out how the world works. I often wish I took the blue pill. Take my word for it, this hobby does not have the numbers to inundate anyone in power that could make a difference. And even if you did contact Mr. Politician, and even if he take your side, and even if he did vote in your favor on the issue....he's likely lying anyway. A politician can take a popular issue, vote in favor of his constituents, but do so cynically to garner your favor when he knows the issue will die anyway. Be careful who you support, and who SEEMS to lend support to your issue.

I appreciate the sentiments. But personally, my thoughts go into DIY direction. All the energy I might spend contacting the government is going into learning DIY. Which frankly, is pretty simple at the root level of it. It's quite obvious to me that the only bottleneck for us is access to raw nicotine. Everything else can be recreated with relative ease. That's the one bottleneck they can really clamp down on. And then it won't matter if you have enough gear.

My only concern is buying enough nicotine until we have a solution.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone tell me if VG and PG are allowed to ship to NY, and what about concentrated flavorings?
I can't actually answer your question, but I see no reason why you can't order and receive VG, PG and concentrated flavorings. PG and VG are used in all sorts of consumer products, such as bath and body, foods, etc. Flavor concentrates, again, used in candy making, baking, scents, all sorts of things. Wherever you order from, when you fill out your address and so forth, it should stop you if they can't ship to you.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My only concern is buying enough nicotine until we have a solution.
I have wondered how difficult it would be to extract nicotine from the nic chewing gum, which is available in stores without rx, and which the nannies don't seem to target for banning.

Meanwhile, PerfectVape has 100 mg/ml anyone can buy, and I've found it to be clean and clear from 2016 until now, no odor other than the smell of nic, kept in the fridge from the time I received it. It's for the final vapocalypse, and I hope never to have to use it. PerfectVape has a contact engine on their site, so you can find out if they can ship to New York.

PerfectVape also has pure 100 percent liquid nicotine by the liter, but wholesale only, so perhaps you can convince your Connecticut supplier to get it for you and sell it to you at his markup, but may hesitate over liability for selling what is alleged to be a contact poison.

Good luck with this, and please keep us posted.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, nicotine will be a real problem for me. Do not want to pay $2,000+ in taxes for 1 L of unflavored base juice @ 18mg/ml nicotine. 'fraid my wife would club me to death first & I might help her to boot.

Seen a post recent what gives me a bit of hope. Might go buy up some 100 mg/ml in 1 L size and then break that down into batches of 18ml to put into 1 L bottles of PG/&VG. That gives me roughly 55 to 55.5 L of unflavored. Which ought to last some while.

That seems a simpler way to do things than trying to sort out too much here. I can manage that too in limited space/environment. Yes, I'll wear nitrate gloves to draw out the nicotine and syringe it into the carrier/es.

VU Sponsors