Member For 5 Years
ornin Porch Goers

0d44166e62c596dc4c7d676bba3ceede.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good-Morning-Happy-Tuesday-8.jpg

Last night our assistant principal, Mr. P, told us to recall that the county custodian doesn't do our evaluations, he does. All of us had experience with the county custodian finding tiny little stuff to clean, stuff that fits the "close enough for goober mint" work. I told the ladfies I work with to just dare him to do military grade inspections. Mr. P said then he wouldn't even consider the county custodian's advisement on us, he knew we're a good crew.

Officially, I'm supposed to 'clock in' and begin working at 2 PM. I get there a bit before 1 PM, at 1 I start doing a bit of piddling stuff. I was walking down the hall with a duster in hand, dusting lockers, pictures, wall clips, poster boards. Mr. P walked by going the opposite direction.

"Ben, what are you up to presently," he asked in passing.

"Sir, I am sleepwalking and prentending to be a custodian."

He chuckled, "That was a very good answer, one I can find no fault in. Carry on."

"Roger, Wilco."

Even if I didn't start an hour early, we would still be done at roughly 9 to 9:30 PM. Our schedukle is 2 to 10. Know we're a good crew because there's never really a need to ask to help. All of us just come along, do what's needed, move on to the next. Nobody gets bent out of shape, the work gets done.

W also have a good teaching staff. They know to come directly to us instead of the pricipals if they need anything, custodial wise, at least. Our principals are also very good. Yes, kids will be kids, yet at our school there is a strong sense of discipline.

Did I say I like it there? *grin*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
100451.jpg

Going to get myself a cup of hot black tea in few moments. Need to do laundry, clean the cook stove top, vaccum, ... apartment "field day". Hmm. *sits a few moments lost in thought, eventually moves along to get the tea*

"Hey Ben, what ya thinking about," a passerby asks.

Ben gives a faint whimsical looking smile as he repsponds, "Everything and nothing, uh huh, all and naught."

VU Sponsors