Become a Patron!

Vapor lock? Maybe.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I've been building rdas for a while, I had a rta but I never really liked it. I never could sell so I figured I'd give another try. I've been vaping today but the weirdest thing is happening. It won't wick unless I unscrew the top of it and let some air in it. I remembered reading something about vapor lock, but I had never experienced it, obviously because I use rdas only. So is this vapor lock, or do I just have a little bit to much cotton? It's the mikes vapes blaze rta. This has never happened before. Usually if I've gotten to little cotton it floods and if I've got to much it still wicks, just to slow to keep up. I noticed I didn't see any bubbles and I usually do. As so soon as I open top cap a couple giant bubble coming up from the bottom and it's wicked again lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
First glance, at the deck, maybe try like you said, less cotton, maybe thinned, and I'd try not letting the bottom of the wicks hit the bottom of the wicking ports - the slots look like they're almost down and under.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been building rdas for a while, I had a rta but I never really liked it. I never could sell so I figured I'd give another try. I've been vaping today but the weirdest thing is happening. It won't wick unless I unscrew the top of it and let some air in it. I remembered reading something about vapor lock, but I had never experienced it, obviously because I use rdas only. So is this vapor lock, or do I just have a little bit to much cotton? It's the mikes vapes blaze rta. This has never happened before. Usually if I've gotten to little cotton it floods and if I've got to much it still wicks, just to slow to keep up. I noticed I didn't see any bubbles and I usually do. As so soon as I open top cap a couple giant bubble coming up from the bottom and it's wicked again lol

I have had several builds do this. It's been the wicking, in every one of mine. Too much cotton.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
First glance, at the deck, maybe try like you said, less cotton, maybe thinned, and I'd try not letting the bottom of the wicks hit the bottom of the wicking ports - the slots look like they're almost down and under.
Alright awesome yea think that's what it was I rewicked and when I pulled the cotton out I noticed it was to long, like it was folded underneath laying on the bottom of the deck

VU Sponsors