Become a Patron!

Vapordna/Vapordoa (see what I did there :D)

aoxomoxoa1825

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Before I begin would just like to say that this forum and its contributors have provided a wealth of unbiased information that has been invaluable to myself and undoubtedly countless others, for that I thank you. My only regret is waiting until i felt the need to complain to contribute, something I will do my best to amend down the road.

So... vapordoa... I have read great things about not only this company but its staff and selection and am sure they do have many satisfied customers, I however am not one. 47 days ago my better half purchased the alien 220 kit for me as a Christmas gift (I know lol shes on point with the Xmas prep), said mod was opened on the 22nd because I'm spoiled. I used and enjoyed it for just about a week even went out and purchased some additional parts for the baby beast (with which i am quite satisfied). On the 1st while simply sitting on my couch trying to figure out GIMP 2.0 (impossible) I went to draw from my alien and halfway through it cut off, screen and everything. Confused I popped open my batt. compartment and smelled every techies worst nightmare. So I removed the batteries which were quite toasty so I promptly set them in the yard under a bucket fearing a thermal runaway. Gladly no such occurrence took place (sonys brah, do it.) so I began warranty preparation, ooo goody... my favorite. So being nyd i waited until Monday not realizing my warrant expired that day. Well Monday i tried and calling left a message, no biggie everyone else was closed as well. Now today is where i got po'd. After no return, I called 4 times before anyone picked up. Finally i got in touch with a cs rep we will call m, explained my situation, that i would like to keep my tank to which I had already purchased a bunch of stuff and simply swap the mod. Well we quickly reached an impasse, so I asked for a supervisor who told me basically the same thing but with a stern "I wear name tag" tone. I had reached the end of my warranty and could swap my mod for 50% store credit or the whole kit for 100% even though they were closed when I tried to contact them. Not so bad right? Wrong. They jacked the price to 80 for the kit when we paid 54 with a coupon provided to new customers (sneaky bas@#%s) which left me with basically nothing even close to my alien. so there i was confused and rather butthurt at the prospect of this Tijuana-esque bamboozle. So tail tucked went to smok to see if i can procure a new one from china (damn). To my surprise madvapes out of NC now handles all warranty requests from the US!! 5 min later Im not only approved but offered my choice of replacement as long as the wattage is less than or equal too my alien and as soon as its received in NC its shipped out of NC! It was then my grief/need for a damn cig was transmuted to a feeling that can only be described as booooyakashaaa baby, funk that nasty ol tabacoo! All in all a success, but not without first realizing that vapordna just isnt my cup of tea if your smellin what im steppin here (a bi ol pile of dna). END RANT, thank you for your participation, I promise next time i post it will be with far less malice.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
aoxomoxoa1825 --- Welcome to VU! I'm sorry to see that you have had a "zap" of bad luck with the Alien.

So, I must ask --- what batteries where you running in Mr. Alien ?

aoxomoxoa1825

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
vtc 5s, more the short than the temp that scared me, Or really the combination of the two. otherwise a battery im fairly confident in. Checked sleeves for nicks twas clean my ghastly peer. Edit: Also thank you for the welcome friend!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good --- Just wanted to check that they were at least good / well known working batteries! ;)

aoxomoxoa1825

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1h3yt4.jpg

VU Sponsors