Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Armour Max Mod - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hiya folks.

Time for another review,today i will be reviewing the Armor Max Mod from Vaporesso which was sent to me by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

To get started some nice visual aids to give you an idea of the device i will be reviewing today:

banner.JPG

colors.JPG

specs & exploded.JPG

(keep in mind the dimensions,was only sent the mod so some of these details apply only to the mod+iTank 2 combo)

features.JPG

tank armor.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Small box but it's hiding a beast inside,usual contents the mod,charging cable (use external chargers for your charging needs), instruction manual and a small card that shows you how to use the lock/unlock feature of the mod in question.

This is one big,hefty and heavy mamma jamma,didn't know what to use for comparison purposes so i ended up using an Xbox controller:

IMG_20231029_101637.jpg

Yep,look at it....really looks like a Sherman Tank,specially with the Black and Green color combo.

Holding it feels good but it makes me wish the fire button was on the side like with the Jackaroo for example,then the color of the fire button,meh....feels out of place but more of that later.

Atomizer wise i think you can fit up to a 28 mm on it,not sure since i don't own one that big but i think so,wattage wise this sucker will go up to 220 watts so yeah you got the power.

Before going full in my vaping experience with this mod lets go over some of the menu operation details:

Click fire five times to turn it on/off.
Use up or down to adjust wattage and or temp.
Click fire three times to enter the menu.
In power mode, down and fire lets you swap Smart mode on/off.
In TC mode, cycle through wattage to change from F to C.
In TC mode, use fire and up to adjust wattage.

It's vaping time:

Gotta be honest,not a fan of battery doors i much prefer the cap system,lift the tab and unscrew the tab,insert battery and screw the cap back in.
But in this case all i can is WOW!!!!

Vaporesso outdid themselves with the battery door,and without going overboard i gotta say this device has one of the best battery doors i have ever seen.
I am serious,hand on my heart and swear to die the battery door is a thing of beauty,nicely lined up and placed,nice weight to it and wasn't loose at all i mean i used my fingers to gently push it side to side when it was open and the damn thing wouldn't budge one single millimeter.

This mod is cross compatible when it comes to batteries,you can either use 2x18650 or 2x21700 or just one of each (18650+21700).

In my case i put in 2x21700,opening the battery door is done by a button on the lower back side of the mod and closing it wasn't a problem,felt tight and secure.

Put a sub ohm tank on top and got ready to fire it up.

The mod read the coil at the correct ohms and the fire button did its job instantaneously,gave it a couple of puffs before going into the menu.

Like with other Vaporesso devices you have several modes to choose from:

F(t) Mode (Default)

Is a method of automatically adjusting the output temperature and heating speed versus time to deliver better flavour. This is made possible by a series of differing voltages applied in quick succession during each vape.

Pulse Mode

Pulse mode is where the device pulses the voltage output every 0.02 seconds to improve the efficiency of the vape and keep a more stable output.

Eco Mode is like your usual standard wattage and then you have several TC options but i never use those so i can't comment on it.

Whole device is made out of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane),kinda gives it a rubbery feel which makes you get a solid grip on it,just feel comfortable.

Vaping wise a couple of things i gotta point out:

-Like i said before it does feel a bit awkward when vaping because of the placement of the fire button,would have preferred the fire button on the side.
That would have made it more comfortable but this is just a personal opinion,other vapers might like the placement of the fire button.

Now the elephant in the room.

The lock/unlock feature on the fire button?

Yeah i don't like it,certain things should be left alone specially something as important as the fire button,in the natural order of things the fire button should only perform that one very important job and that is to fire up your mod so you can get a hit.
Menu wise its ok to use the fire button but other than that the fire button should just be for ''fire'' purposes.

Used the mod for 2 days and still didn't get use to the button,just seems gimmicky to me and it really serves no purpose when the same can be achieved with a simple combination of buttons like fire and + at the same time which would lock the mod.

Apart from that the choice of color for the fire button really bugs me,the mod looks so awesome but the orange metallic like color on the fire button just messes up the whole aesthetic of the mod.
Personally the only way it ''kinda'' matches the color scheme is if you get the Orange colored mod,then it ''kinda'' blends in but still looks a bit out of place.

Talking about aesthetics some reviewers got a limited version of this mod which included the Itank 2,extra coils and this tactical pouch which looks AWESOME!!

pouch.JPG

I sure hope they make this pouch available for those that wish to buy it,i mean this thing looks perfect for all those vapers that have hard physical jobs and want to vape once in a while.

Pros:

-Durability off the charts,this thing was built to last
-Best battery door i have ever seen,no wiggle when applying pressure and the damn thing won't move either way
-Color aesthetics and design look very cool (aside from the color of the fire button)
-Battery options for everyone,either 2x18650's or 2x21700's or you can mix and match 1x18650 and 1x21700

Cons:

-Some would put the fire button lock system in the pro list but not for me.
Didn't feel natural,couldn't get use to it and sorry to say but i just don't like it
-Color choice of the fire button feels out of place,breaks the whole color scheme they came up with.
With the Orange mod it does look a bit better but still looks odd.
-Fire button placement,some probably like where it is but i would have preferred to have the fire button on the side
-Size of the screen a tad small,considering the dimensions of the mod they could have used a larger screen,the 0.96” TFT Screen just doesn't seem enough.

Would i recommend this device:

Tough question to answer,gotta be honest here...

If you want a rugged mod,heavy and being able to host dual 21700 batteries AND you don't mind the fire button lock/unlock system then yeah this is the mod for you.
No ifs or buts,mods like these that are armored like a Sherman Tank don't come out that often so if you need a mod being able to take a beating look no more.

But if you're like me and don't care for the fire button lock/unlock system then yeah its a hard choice,don't get me wrong the manual switch goes up and down without a problem but personally i just don't like it.
So that is one thing you have consider before buying this mod,if it doesn't bother you more power to you and go ahead and get the Armor Max right away,you won't be disappointed.

If you use this code in Sourcemore you can get this mod for 40 bucks and change:

VAMM $40.19 - Vaporesso Armour Max Mod

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

VU Sponsors