Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Revenger advice

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coming from a standard cheap vape kit which I used for a week or so before upgrading to a Vaporesso Target Mini about 9 months ago I bought a Revenger two weeks ago.
The Revenger is great but does get through coils quickly. The GT4 could lasts about 4/5 days but the GT8 went in 2 days. I tried a Smok Alien coil which worked ok at lower VW but that leaked. Is this the standard life for the GT coils, they taste great, etc but the Target Mini coils lasted freakin' ages in comparison.
New to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong section! Hi.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Coming from a standard cheap vape kit which I used for a week or so before upgrading to a Vaporesso Target Mini about 9 months ago I bought a Revenger two weeks ago.
The Revenger is great but does get through coils quickly. The GT4 could lasts about 4/5 days but the GT8 went in 2 days. I tried a Smok Alien coil which worked ok at lower VW but that leaked. Is this the standard life for the GT coils, they taste great, etc but the Target Mini coils lasted freakin' ages in comparison.
New to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong section! Hi.
Yes the Target mini coils are awesome, and cheap lasting a long time. Bought a bunch of them. For those GT coils they are crap with not lasting very long, best to ditch the tank, and use another until they redesign a better coil for it.

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes the Target mini coils are awesome, and cheap lasting a long time. Bought a bunch of them. For those GT coils they are crap with not lasting very long, best to ditch the tank, and use another until they redesign a better coil for it.
I thought as much. It does taste great but I'm guessing like some Smok tanks / coils doesn't run well for long. Shame really as it's such a nice kit (Revenger). Any suggestions for a replacement tank bearing in mind I'm U.K. 2ml bound unfortunately. I enjoy the current NRG tank around 65 W depending oil the e-juice.

Mikey Gee

Member For 4 Years
I bought a Revenger too cause I love the Vaporesso mods I own. Currently have a Nebula, 2 Attitude kits, 2 Tarot Nanos and a Target Pro. I like the taste of the NRG tank but the coils go like within 3-4 days. They list a CCell coil (ceramic) however I can not find a source for them yet. I have burnt through the .15 NRG4 coil and 2 .15 NRG2 coils within a week and a half. The Smok TFV8 baby beast coils work in the NRG tank as well however they also are thirsty coils and do not last any longer either. I put the NRG tank aside and went back to using my Gemini RTAs and my Veco Plus tanks. The Gemini Sub-ohm tanks perform nicely with good flavor and take the ccell coils (Atlantis style coil) like the Target Tank does.

Last edited:

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Revenger too cause I love the Vaporesso mods I own. Currently have a Nebula, 2 Attitude kits, 2 Tarot Nanos and a Target Pro. I like the taste of the NRG tank but the coils go like within 3-4 days. They list a CCell coil (ceramic) however I can not find a source for them yet. I have burnt through the .15 NRG4 coil and 2 .15 NRG2 coils within a week and a half. The Smok TFV8 baby beast coils work in the NRG tank as well however they also are thirsty coils and do not last any longer either. I put the NRG tank aside and went back to using my Gemini RTAs and my Veco Plus tanks. The Gemini Sub-ohm tanks perform nicely with good flavor and take the ccell coils (Atlantis style coil) like the Target Tank does.
Thanks. Good advice. Appreciated.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i read somewhere that the reason why the GT cores get burnt out so fast is that its not getting saturated fast enough. To fix this poke a couple hole (top & bottom) of each coil screen, depending on which coil you use to help with the flow.

Mikey Gee

Member For 4 Years
i read somewhere that the reason why the GT cores get burnt out so fast is that its not getting saturated fast enough. To fix this poke a couple hole (top & bottom) of each coil screen, depending on which coil you use to help with the flow.
I have not used the GT cores or the Smok baby beast coils in months. I've been running the Smok baby RBA and a taller glass in my NRG tanks and am much happier with my SS316L builds. Next time I am prompted to run the cores I'll look at doing the modifications and see if that gives me any love. I'll experiment on it with my buddies coils...he runs through about 2-3 a week in just one of his tanks. Thanks for the tip.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not used the GT cores or the Smok baby beast coils in months. I've been running the Smok baby RBA and a taller glass in my NRG tanks and am much happier with my SS316L builds. Next time I am prompted to run the cores I'll look at doing the modifications and see if that gives me any love. I'll experiment on it with my buddies coils...he runs through about 2-3 a week in just one of his tanks. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks man. BTW where did you pick up the taller glass for the NRG? Dimension?
I actually switched over to the Serpent SMM, the NRG is just sitting around.. much more flavor!

Mikey Gee

Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. BTW where did you pick up the taller glass for the NRG? Dimension?
I actually switched over to the Serpent SMM, the NRG is just sitting around.. much more flavor!

I found the glass on Fastech https://www.fasttech.com/p/8132601 25x24.7mm for a Geekvape Ammit 25 and the 2 pack of Smok RBA as well https://www.fasttech.com/p/8621400. This glass fits well however not as tight of a fit in diameter as the original glass but, I have had no leaks in a few months of use.
I also found the EU upgrade extension for the baby beast bringing it to US sizes that is on Fastech too https://www.fasttech.com/p/7967000 so I thought I'd try an even bigger tank capacity on my NRG. The glass for that one is for a VCST rta 25x30mm https://www.fasttech.com/p/5835001 This one Is a little sloppy in fit in height so I opted to add a flat silicone o-ring to the top to give it more pressure on the seals. Again I have had no leaks in a few months of use.
...Pretty happy with the RBAs flavor/cost and extra little vape capacity. I guess I'm saving a few $$ too some people are saying the coils are up to $6 each locally.

VU Sponsors