Become a Patron!

Vapors Tongue?

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive had 2 juices for the past 2/3 weeks of vaping. Both similar tastes (fruity).

The first juice ive had it for a couple days, and started to not smell/taste the flavour anymore.. Bought a next one, a similar taste (but different fruits) and different nicotine level. And i CANNOT taste/smell anything.

Would that be considered vapors tongue?
Should I grab another bottle with maybe Chocolate or Coffee? Or should I just switch the tanks.. Currently one Ego One Mega.

Im looking to grab the Kangertech SubTank this week and hopefully it can blow my mind

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Yes, it sounds like vaper's tongue to me. The best way I have found to avoid it is to vape juices that taste completely different. I used to carry 4 mods with 4 different flavors and switch between them when I started losing the flavor, although this method is a little bit extreme, it worked for me. Now I just vape in moderation, drink a lot more water, and don't seem to have too much trouble with it.

As for changing coils, anytime you switch juice, if you don't change coils and clean out the tank, you will have a cross contamination effect. The new juice will mix with the juice in the wet wick and will definitely affect the flavor of the vape. By the same token, the juice already in the wick will seep into the new juice and affect it's flavor. This may or may not be noticeable to you, depending on how strong the flavors are, but it will happen.

If you do change coils and clean the tank when you switch flavors, then I recommend putting the coil in a plastic ziplock bag and marking the flavor that it was used with. That way, when you switch back, you won't have to guess which flavor the coil has in it already.

Regarding the Kangertech SubTank, I don't know if it will blow your mind or not. I have been using the SubTank Mini for a couple of months, and it isn't very spectacular if you are using pre-built coils. The tank mutes the flavors pretty bad with the OCC coils, and it disappears completely with the TC coils. Using the build deck is MUCH better for flavor, but still not exceptional. I am using a v1 tank though, maybe the v2 somehow changes this, but I doubt it since it was a coil thing. YMMV, good luck!

HTH!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep one tank dedicated to a mint flavor. Currently HIC's Double Mint Gum. I always go to it when I get vapors tongue. I'm not big into minty flavors, but find after 10-20 mins vaping on them my taste buds come back. It's like magic for me.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
It certainly sounds like vapers tongue to me. I only change coils for drastically different flavors.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually vape some strong anise flavor like Pluid for a couple days. Clears it right up.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Doing our research on 'vape tongue' we found that inferior liquids cause the most lamination effect on the tongue which causes the consumer to lose taste after a while.

Lamination of the tongue is only one contributing factor to Vaper's tongue. Olfactory fatigue plays a larger role in this issue. How does your formulation pertain to that aspect of it if at all.

VU Sponsors