Become a Patron!

Velocity RDA Review.

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A few weeks ago I decided to get into dripping. With the help of some friends that are high level drippers and basically pro coil builders, I ordered a Velocity RDA. I tried to get an authentic like my friends have, but they were sold out every time I looked so I broke down and bought the clone by Tobeco. I know, I know, I am a filthy clone user. In my defense, the clone is identical to the authentic except for 2 things: the center pin is silver plated copper instead of just solid copper and it's about $100 cheaper. Below will be my experiences with this clone.

In the box:

1 Velocity RDA
1 Threaded wide bore chuff cap (delrin)
1 510 drip tip adapter (delrin)
3 Spare O-rings
4 Spare grub screws
1 Allen key

Notable stats:

22mm x 28mm
6.5mm deep juice well
Made of solid 304 stainless steel
2 post deck with peek insulator
4 large post holes
Click and lock tab

Quality:

Overall I was expecting much less from a clone. The machining was great. There were slighly more tool marks in the juice well on the clone vs the authentic and the threads were mint on both. Everything fit together flawlessly and works perfectly. There construction is solid and there were no defects or thin spots in the metal, delrin, or peek.

Building coils:

Easy as pie! You want a single coil? Sure, you can do horizontal, vertical, diagonal, whatever you want. You want dual coils? Good, this deck is roomy and beyond easy to build on. Are you insane? Perfect, you can run quad coils on this thing all day. There is plenty of space to build and air options for anything your little nugget can think of.

Usage:

The RDA screws onto all of my mods smoothly and sits flush. The 2 post design makes building and installing coils and cotton easy and the deep juice well means you don't have to redrip as often. The click and lock tab ensures the air holes line up perfectly to your coils every single time and you can adjust the air flow without spinning the deck. Endless air flow options means you can vape how you want regardless of preference. The o-rings were all the correct size and kept everything together snugly. I suggest wetting a Q-Tip with juice and swabbing the o-rings after cleaning to keep the rubber performing nicely.

The Vape:

With this many air and coils options it is impossible to not find a great vape on this RDA. I have been using the Velocity for a few weeks now and could not be happier with it. The flavor is insane and you get radical clouds, even in flavor chasing setups. For all you cloud chasers, you will love this thing when wide open. When all air options are open there is no limit to the amount of air you can pull.

Pricing:

I bought mine for $15 from VapeNW.com and it came quickly, safely, and exactly as described. If you can afford it ($115) and have the patience to wait for an authentic, do it. I found nothing wrong with using this clone, except for the shame of it. If you are on a budget, buy this clone, you will not be disappointed. I feel that I received way more than I paid for.

Clone - http://vapenw.com/velocity-rda-by-tobeco
Authentic - http://www.avidvaper.com/velocity-rda/

Pros:

Building is super easy. Endless airflow options to suit flavor chasers and/or cloud chasers. Great build quality. Click and lock tab. Priced for the average vaper ($15-$20) as a clone.

Cons:

It's a clone (oh the shame of it). The allen key it came with was a size too small. I had the right size in my tool box but if you don't have extra allen keys you might need to buy one.

Conclusion:

Buy one right now! If you are a beginner and looking to try dripping, this is the RDA to start on. Building on it is easy, roomy, and it has the air flow options that you want. If you are an advanced vaper, this is the RDA for you. You can go build crazy on this thing regardless of what kind of vaper you are or want to be.

These are all my personal opinions and experiences and should all be taken with a grain of salt. If your experiences vary then let us know here so we can get a balanced view. Have a great day!

Attachments

• 20150718_135257.jpg
    20150718_135257.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20150718_135547.jpg
    20150718_135547.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20150718_140021.jpg
    20150718_140021.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20150718_144456.jpg
    20150718_144456.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 57

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed, my snow wolf 200 is basically dedicated to my Velocity.

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's been 4 months since reviewing this. It is still my go-to dripper if I can only bring 1.

VU Sponsors