Become a Patron!

VENDORS - BE CAREFUL THERE ARE SNITCHES AMONGST YOU *** PLEASE READ AND REPOST ***

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cc179e7620d44b6a9d0ffcbf5&id=9b43e45572&e=05fede45a8

Snitch Manual:

http://www.countertobacco.org/sites/default/files/Training Manual for vSTARS Draft Form.pdf

Snitch Form:

http://www.countertobacco.org/sites/default/files/vSTARS_DRAFT 7_8_2016.pdf

Notice in the manual they are being trained to trick you into believing they are something that they are not:

Introducing Yourself and Talking with the Clerk When entering a store for an audit, we have found it helpful to introduce ourselves to the staff. If possible, try not to ask the clerk questions if there are other customers in the store in need of assistance.
However, there are a few audit questions that may require assistance from the clerk. Often, you may find you are the only person in the shop.
Many clerks are eager to share their enthusiasm for vaping with new customers. Be aware that some stores, particularly corporate chains, have policies that prohibit employees from participating in surveys. Others may ask you to contact the franchise warehouse or store owners before completing an audit. Also, please note that the FDA conducts inspections of tobacco retailers around the country, sometimes using covert officers.
Likewise, some local agencies conduct inspections of tobacco retailers
(often to assess issues like youth purchase).
You may have to clarify that you are not an inspector by carrying some form of professional identification and using a script like the following:

“Hello, my name is _______________. I am conducting a project looking at different vaping products that are sold in stores and how they are marketed to customers. I would like to look around for a few minutes if it’s ok with you. I will not get in the way of any of your customers. I am not an inspector, nor do I have any connections to other stores or to the media. Thank you for your help and for letting me visit your store.”

So, First say "that the FDA conducts inspections of tobacco retailers around the country, sometimes using covert officers. Likewise, some local agencies conduct inspections of tobacco retailers"

But if that doesn't scare you into talking go with: "I am conducting a project "

If that don't fly say the opposite of what you first said: "I am not an inspector, nor do I have any connections to other stores or to the media."

Seems like some shady ass shit if you ask me.

What do you guys think? - 5150

6. Can you survey this store? [If not, then select an option below and STOP.] Select “Yes” if you are able to complete the entire store assessment. If asked to leave store before fully completing, mark “No, asked to leave before completing survey”.

So Be Aware You Can Tell Them NO but they will be trying to scare you into complying = Shady Fuckers

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Definitely something that all clerks need to be trained about. I've seen similar tactics used by govt agencies against retailers, where they go in to "conduct research" and first play nice, but then try to threaten/scare the clerk into submission. Another favorite is for these types to loiter and attempt to discretely take notes. When I worked at walmart as a teen, we had orders to immediately report to mgmt anyone we observed taking any notes (not only because it might be a govt worker or a busybody citizen, but could also be a competitor or media prepping a hit piece). We were officially only told that it could be a competitor, but. . .

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw this kind of shit first hand.
A kind Korean store owner got anal gaped on the local news about something he was selling.
He had no idea the tiny silk roses in glass were being made into m*th pipes. All he knew (yes I talked to him about it before the hit piece aired) is the profit was stupid huge and they were selling like mad.
The news crew did a hidden camera hit piece to make it seem shady.
He had to pull them from sale or risk the local booze and smokes commission and lottery from pulling out.

I got one he gave me since he needed to clear them out of his store post haste and he had just gotten a large shipment of them. So he gave them away with every 5 dollar purchase.
So @outwest good at booting shady people out of your place.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
He had no idea the tiny silk roses in glass were being made into m*th pipes

What are they going to raid home depot and take down the light bulb section next?

They sell those stems up in Baltimore too
They are right on the counter next to the register in just about every gas station and bodega within 20 miles of the city line.

The guy behind the counter knows damn well what they are for because they don't speak a fucking lick of English but if you pick up that rose and say "Chore Boy" he will go under the counter and produce this shit quicker than you can finish saying it:

s-l300.jpg

Baltimore has more of a problem with rock than the other shit if you know what I mean. ;)

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Why do I think the resultant data will be made available to the FDA (who it seems currently has no clue how many places actually sell vape stuff) and will become the basis for their enforcement actions down the road?

Because it's true?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If local news needed a sensationalist piece and they found somewhere selling single light bulbs, they probably would manufacture a hit piece, just for the hell of it.

Sent from my LG-V10 using Tapatalk

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why do I think the resultant data will be made available to the FDA (who it seems currently has no clue how many places actually sell vape stuff) and will become the basis for their enforcement actions down the road?
Agreed. It's just a "stepping stone" to their bigger picture agenda.

@BigNasty - Wotofo!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What are they going to raid home depot and take down the light bulb section next?

They sell those stems up in Baltimore too
They are right on the counter next to the register in just about every gas station and bodega within 20 miles of the city line.

The guy behind the counter knows damn well what they are for because they don't speak a fucking lick of English but if you pick up that rose and say "Chore Boy" he will go under the counter and produce this shit quicker than you can finish saying it:

View attachment 56470

Baltimore has more of a problem with rock then the other shit if you know what I mean. ;)
Considering it was 15+ years ago, the dude was not aware of what they were being used for until the hatchet job and the olcc getting all up his ass.

VU Sponsors