Vendors - What is going on?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So something I noticed scrolling through new posts a lot is what I can only describe as questionable vendor activity

let’s take this one as an example

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/en-flowclub-com.517273/

I raise this because how is this thread helpful to anyone reading it?

How helpful is it to other vendors who are actually trying to integrate and do a good job of it in that same area?

We have Authorised and Unauthorised vendors here at VU, both options are completely free to businesses ...the thing is not everyone has their own site and can carry the banner etc to make it as authorised.

and here lies my point ...for the coil builders, those offering services within the community and those vendors who do make good attempts to string a sentence together, being thrown in the mix with the likes of this is quite frankly insulting and marks unlisted vendors as no more than just above spam which somehow feels wrong.

Would it be prudent to have some sort of authorisation process for unlisted vendors? Something like they need to demonstrate they uphold certain values before being allowed to drown out those who are offering genuine services rather than link farming the shit out of VU?

they are hidden for a time until staff can see they meet the values expected to sell on VU?

I know traffic is important for the site but there has to be a cut off point for good traffic right?

Last edited:

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've always thought of the unauthorized venders thing as a spam-allowed location, anybody selling stuff can post in it because it's for unauthorized venders.

The thing that somewhat irks me is when I see venders making posts that seem like they are only interested in money because they are borderline using standard advertising misinformation to try and encourage people to buy their products over others. I sorta wanna call them out on it, but I ignore them since they are usually in forums that I don't typically visit and only see the topic in the new posts list.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've always thought of the unauthorized venders thing as a spam-allowed location, anybody selling stuff can post in it because it's for unauthorized venders.

The thing that somewhat irks me is when I see venders making posts that seem like they are only interested in money because they are borderline using standard advertising misinformation to try and encourage people to buy their products over others. I sorta wanna call them out on it, but I ignore them since they are usually in forums that I don't typically visit and only see the topic in the new posts list.

exactly its all dumped in there as a means to contain entities who look like they might be selling something regardless of whether they have good intent or not, or just want to link farm the place

that’s the thing small outfits, even large established outlets or those offering services just get thrown in the mix with the trash out there

if VU won’t implement a control system even a tiering system being introduced might help to separate them a bit

Authorised VU Vendors
Community Unlisted Vendors
Vendor Proving Grounds

They go in the third tier until they prove they aren’t just link farming, ripping folks off or just spam posting nonsense...with a 3 strikes and out system

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Another thing is the most recent blog posts could all be classified as advertisements not blogs. Those should be placed in their unlisted vendor thread or full vendor sub-forum. My 2 cents...

I agree with you mate. It used to be a vendor could only post in the general forum if pinged about their product or if they were just participating without any advertising content in their posts.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Another thing is the most recent blog posts could all be classified as advertisements not blogs. Those should be placed in their unlisted vendor thread or full vendor sub-forum. My 2 cents...

I agree with you mate. It used to be a vendor could only post in the general forum if pinged about their product or if they were just participating without any advertising content in their posts.

I hope I’m not coming across as staff bashing here, I know for a fact mods are on them quick behind the scenes with badging and rule intros, clearing shit posting out of main areas etc ...this is more of a leadership policy change request

This one in my OP as an example to me looks like they were spam posting in the forum in different places...probably had to be merged into the mess it became ....and a warning message sent ...just guessing looking at it haha

I dunno however it came to be... why allow the trash through into gen pop in the first place? rinse them out first ...introduce the way things are done then put them in a proving area see how they get on before they advance to middle tier or something?

it encourages healthy vendor activity, invites good form for other businesses to see when joining and might actually mean more engagement from the community instead of blanket ignoring all of them?

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
why allow the trash through into gen pop in the first place?

How proletariat of you to sling together such a question. *chuckles* No offense put out in that either. I'm just as much a prole.

I heartily concur though. It would seem that some form of vendor proofing is needed. That allows for protecting user data as well. Likely vendors trolling to spam will also be trolling to capture email addresses, links, user data. If the community steps up and draws a few lines vendors need to follow it may decrease the risk of that.

I have recently moved my reviews to the forum from other locations. I don't sell anything. My goal? I spend a ton of money on vape products and I just want to share my experience with others who don't have my unlimited vaping budget in hopes that my reviews will help them choose a good product. Take a look at my recent post and let me know if you guys think I should move it. I am a newbie here for sure and I respect you senior member's opinion.

Thanks,

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vandyvape-kylin-build-and-review.522808/

Rich @Axiom Reviews

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
posting in this thread regarding vendors about your reviews? erm that would be a nope :blah:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Anyway back on topic, so take it the “normal” silence on the vendor ask means a no then???

....is that just say no not gonna happen, or ...no we didn’t even bother passing this up the line...or no nows not the right time...or no we need them all Some might advertise and we don’t really care...just something, anything?

I know you read this...well I like
to think you do read the request posts? ....one of the few areas of the forum that people reach out in

VU Sponsors