Become a Patron!

VG/PG Help

Guys i have a question. I am new to mixing my own juices and right now some is coming ok right after it is made then when i let it steed it tast like pure ass. I go by the % to the tee with cappela flovors TFA i have alot of them. Could it be in my VG / PG. After steeding it has this bad after tast almost like stale or stagneant tast. That is the only thing i have not tryed so far just need some insight THANK YOU ahead of time for everyone help

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys i have a question. I am new to mixing my own juices and right now some is coming ok right after it is made then when i let it steed it tast like pure ass. I go by the % to the tee with cappela flovors TFA i have alot of them. Could it be in my VG / PG. After steeding it has this bad after tast almost like stale or stagneant tast. That is the only thing i have not tryed so far just need some insight THANK YOU ahead of time for everyone help
you need to let it steep and store it, in a cool and dark place, no high exposure to light. Also, you need to shake very well before use, every time. What is the recipe you made? What Nic did you use as well, and what vg/pg ratio did you use?

Most of them such as mothers milk clone the gambits ect off of this sight and everyone said great clones . I let it steep at least a week and shake every time. Nic level is 6 to 8 mg due to i drip 6mg and my wife tanks 8 mg. My VG/PG is 80/20 hers is 50/50. i store it on my workstation in a complete closed cabinet for the old 35mm photo film so no kind of light can get in. temp in the house is ariund 70 to 72 degrees.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Depending on the tfa the % could be way off on the recipe. Some flavors of TFA can alter and over ride with a drop.

The biggest thing i did not get the PG/VG from vapor stores i cut cost and order stuff from other lines i just looked at my supply and it dont tell me if it is food grade or not. Also my PG is not thin it is just about as thick as my VG

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the pg could be bad, in the sense not ideal for vaping.
ecx, rts, heartland, essential, MFS and a few others have fairly reasonable rates on vg and pg.

Well i am going to give it a try at one of those places you recomended and cut back a little on the TFA you guys have been great thank you very much i will let you know if YOU GUYS fixed it LOL

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We are new to DIY ourselves and are using Essential Depot and have had no problems at all with it.

Essential Depot PG

Essential Depot VG

We are using TFA flavoring and look at the suggested starting level on %, we make up a small batch (5ml) with each flavoring alone in 70VG/30PG test with shake and vape then steep in a crook pot for an hour and test again then adjust from there. Most of the TFA is 5% recommended starting.

We are using VT 100mg Nic and making our mixes between 9-12%. What Nic are you using?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The biggest thing i did not get the PG/VG from vapor stores i cut cost and order stuff from other lines i just looked at my supply and it dont tell me if it is food grade or not. Also my PG is not thin it is just about as thick as my VG

that pg is not sounding right..
and can you pop up the recipe with percentages too?

you might want to purchase better pg/vg like downintn said.. it might not be the recipe.. then again..
and hope you are using a calculator to be mixing with :)

It was the PG. OMG i tryed each one drop on a coil inside the mod yet the pg was the after taste i was getting kinda like a strong stagnant water taste. Went over to a good freind of mine that has a vape store and he had some PG in the back where he has been mixing his own and it had yet a funny taste but was clean with no after taste. So with that said DON'T CHEAP OUT GET A QUALITY PG VG BASE even if it a few bucks more it is better to spend an extra 10-15 bucks than to trow away 100s off dollors worth ejuice down the drain. You guys are the bomb on helping me out with this and pointing me in the right direction. Thanks Again

Reactions: Edd

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What about a pure VG base with no PG. Only nic and flavoring. Whats the PG for ?

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pg helps carry the flavor.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about a pure VG base with no PG. Only nic and flavoring. Whats the PG for ?

Pure VG is often used by cloud chasers and people who can't tolerate PG. It carries flavor fine, but it tends to take longer to steep than PG alone. If you're putting it in a tank you may have to add around 10% distilled water to get it to wick properly.

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't use a tank anymore and I get paid by the hour. I'll keep my distillin' for my mash. i have all the time in the world to "steep" Does it effect flavor that much, or is it a matter of customer preferance ?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't use a tank anymore and I get paid by the hour. I'll keep my distillin' for my mash. i have all the time in the world to "steep" Does it effect flavor that much, or is it a matter of customer preferance ?

I actually prefer high VG, but I can't vape it. It's slightly sweeter, smoother, and of course the clouds are pretty (but they do a real number on your windows LOL).

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny you should mention that. When i stopped smoking, I thought no more brown windows. Now i have this "other film"

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just don't get desperate and vape it.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny you should mention that. When i stopped smoking, I thought no more brown windows. Now i have this "other film"

Sometime my Game DVD in my PC won't read and I have to pull it out and clean it.

VU Sponsors