KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I received this All-In-One (AIO) Fusion 2 to review directly from Viva Kita. I will convey my thoughts and hopefully provide you with enough information to come to your own conclusion, so no recommendations from me just a final conclusion on my personal experience with it . Please ask questions in the below if I’ve missed anything you want to know

An All-In-One in my opinion should provide me with a hassle free way to vape without having to worry about purchasing a separate atomiser, batteries etc. It should be portable, easy to charge and use, with the exception being I might have to buy pre made coil replacements at some point, but even these should last me long enough not to worry about it.

Product Overview

All In one Device
Top Filling and Top Airflow Design
Childproof Design (a press down to unlock mechanism like a medicine cap)
Pass through function (vape while charging)
2ml Tank size
Hold +/- down to flip the screen
Uses 0.25ohm (KW41153A) Kanthal Coils
Size - 93 x 52 x23 mm
Battery Capacity 2100mAh
Output Power 7-50w
Display size 0.49 Inches
10 minute Auto Turn off feature when not in use
Coils held in place with O-ring
Short circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over Charging Protection

Recommended Retail Value $62.90 (at the time of this review) - http://www.vivakita.com/catalogue/fusion-ii_2/

Available Colours;

White, Black, Purple, Chameleon

What's included?

The packaging reminds me of the sort my YiHi product came in, in that it has a premium feel to it. Everything was packed nice and tight, and well presented to me upon opening the box for the first time.

IMG_1373.JPG

There is relatively little in the box for this one.

The Device itself,
User manual,
A "how to prime the coil leaflet",
An inspection certificate,
A USB cable for charging
And finally a spare Coil (With a coil pre-installed already).

IMG_1388.JPG

Unfortunately when I came to Prime my coil for the first time it smelt burnt. It was almost like it has been dry fired?, whether or not this one of the devices selected at random for testing before shipping out, or the device turned itself on during transport (which would be worrying) I have no idea, suffice to say though my pre-installed coil was a write-off.

Looks

IMG_1390.JPG
I was surprised by how small this Device actually is, I saw pictures of its predecessor in VU's contest section, but it’s absolutely tiny! seriously it’s about the size of my credit card, that's a good thing though for the portability aspect.

I really like the look of this mod I have to say, it’s not cheap looking its sleek, although the button quality could have been improved. Unfortunately for me my wife likes it as well!, I got the "that's perfect for my bag; I will be having that" speech, to which I replied yeah "it’s also perfect for me down the pub in the back pocket!"

I’ve been putting this in my pocket, my bag etc. and haven’t had any paint chips yet, not even on the base of the mod itself. I particular like the fact the juice chamber is protected in case of drops and knocks

Feel

I find the device comfortable in the hand, but only if I hold in an index finger fire position (which suits me anyway), the only issue I’ve found holding it this way is you can engage the wattage up and down control if not careful. If I try to use my thumb to fire it's actually uncomfortable to hold (like the picture above), This is due to its size and the fact your fingers end up laying over the juice chamber cut outs. So really for me finger firing is the only way to go on this one unless you have smaller hands, or have an absolute hate of firing it that way.

I was surprised by how heavy it is though for such a tiny device, its heavier than my cool fire 4 plus with an atomiser on top of it! the casing is solid. The buttons are clicky and tactile, they haven’t yet got stuck and are very responsive. It’s strange though, on the one hand you have what feels like a premium device but the buttons they chose just don’t suit the rest of it, as I said they could have used higher quality in this area.

IMG_1389.JPG

Functionality

Well it depends how you look at it. This is a no thrills device. Its wattage only, has on and off only with an auto shut off feature and that’s your lot. This Device wasn’t made for the hard-core vaper out there, but it’s not pretending to be something its not, it’s made for nights out, portability at work, taking a stealth vape into an event, activity days out, first time vapers, that kind of thing

Recharging is easy, I've been charging off my laptop USB for the most part at work. Battery life wise I’d say with moderate vaping throughout the day at work I'm getting through 7 hours out of it before getting to the point of worrying about whether or not it’s going to die on me, when using fairly heavily at home I was getting a good 3-4 hours from it before a recharge .

Unfortunately the screen is very difficult if not nigh on impossible to see in daylight, I found myself cupping my hand over it to see the screen when outside. Also I should mention there is a clear film you need to remove from the screen (this helps with seeing it better).

On the screen itself you get details of resistance, voltage output, wattage and battery

IMG_1387.JPG

Refilling and Cleaning

The initial priming and install of the coil is very easy literally put juice on the cotton of the coil and the inside, once saturated press the coil onto the chimney section, fill the tank to the max line and screw this in (pushing down on the top)

IMG_1427.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG

The Device itself is low maintenance. There are a few things to look out for though

I've found if I overfilled this device above the max line it will squeeze out of the top of the screw in part. When this happened it wasn’t exactly my own personal "Eureka" moment, but that’s why the max line is there right; only so much displacement can take place. Well yeah this is true but accidents happen! plus in my defence its difficult to see the juice level from above, hold the coil section, the device and the juice bottle all at the same time.

When I overfilled though (on more than one occasion) its led to spitting afterwards. To get rid of this you can;

a) Try increasing the wattage for a short period of time helps remove it

b) unscrew the top, remove the coil get a tissue underneath and blow through the drip tip

c) when screwing the top back in make sure its tight enough, if the Airflow Control (AFC) ring doesn’t rattle you know its tight enough

d) try blowing out first before inhaling to clear the airflow

but I haven’t noticed the need to do any of this unless I overfilled it, just made sure I kept the threads and cup section clean to make sure the juice doesn’t enter the spring area which is open below

IMG_1429.JPG

Cleaning is not easy at least not that I have been able to figure out? It’s not like I want to run it under the tap .I suppose I could add some water in there screw in the top and shake it? I resulted in emptying what E-Liquid I could, removing the excess, getting a paper towel and wiping inside. Most of the time when I wanted to change my juices I just dumped in the new flavour, it comes through the coil quick enough.

IMG_1430.JPG

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How's the Vape?

This is the one I was most surprised with. I thought this was going to be one of those little "tootle" streaky puff ones, oh you know what I mean, like one of those pants 2 part E-cigs you get in petrol (gas) stations. Boy was I wrong, no joking here my Smok -TFV4 mini has some competition in the clouds department. except this one definitely has better flavour coming through, surprisingly good in fact.

I was able to do both restricted lung hit for direct lung (DL) vaping with a wide open airflow, and a pretty decent tight draw for mouth to lung (MTL) with it almost shut.

I break my coils in around 20 watts, wait for the bubbles to appear, and increase from there. The vape is good all the way through to the max 50 watts (once the coil is fully broken in). I was using 75% VG in here so if using higher percentages bear in mind it may struggle to keep up with wicking at the highest wattage as I found when chain vaping this. For me personally I found it best at 38w

The Device doesn't get overly hot when chain vaping but does get warm especially at 50w. I couldn't see any venting holes on the device?

The coil life seems decent enough over a week and half for me on average and this has been my daily driver everywhere ready for this review.

Things I feel could be improved

If you shake the device the up/down button rattles that needs fixing in any future product. Also Improve the quality of the buttons used

When refilling it would be nice not to have to remove the inner part entirely, it’s a bit of a juggling act on the go

Make the screen a bit brighter.

Include a 3 click to lock/unlock function.

Instructions aren’t clear on how to clean the device safely (this should have its own section) perhaps even a way to remove the inner section?

The spring area on the chimney section should be sealed away so e-juice cannot get into it

Things I feel it does well

Its portable

It’s very easy to use

Surprisingly good flavour and cloud production from such a small device

Short ramp up time - click the button its firing

Looks sleek and fits perfectly in the pocket.

Solid construction

Good paintwork

Protection over the juice chamber

Coils aren’t over rated they can take the entire wattage range of the device

Doesn’t leak

Final Conclusion

I like this little device, It got its quirks sure, there are opportunities for refinements in the design perhaps for the next model they bring out, but there is nothing about it right now I really dislike, I actually like it a lot more than I don’t, it does what it was created for really well I'll definitely be using this for out and about from now on.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nice review King, Dayummmm The black one looks SEXY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks whiskey the black one is really nice :)

I changed my review format what do you think of my new approach?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Forgot to mention the 0.25 coils are the same ones used in the original fusion

So search vivakita fusion coils and you'll find they are sold in lots of places some a lot more reasonable than others

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
oh looks great, where can buy it? I am in Austria wanna searching for a kit with "Surprisingly good flavour and cloud production" !

I should explain here I usually like to make my own coils when I made that comment I was drawing a comparison to my experiences with pre made coils I've used and for such a small device I was impressed with the flavour and cloud production from it much more so than I was expecting

As whiskey said only place I know of at the moment is the link I posted at the top of my review

The original fusion is available through a lot of vendors although I haven't used that device so cannot comment on it

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review King!

I just read your review and checked out there site right after, bad timing on my part as my girl walked by and pointed to my screen and said I will take either the purple or rainbow......Looks like you cost me more money King!!!! Hahaha

thgWDmD.jpg

I have to admit, both of those looks great.

Anyway your an enabler.....how dare you Sir!!!! hahahaha

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review King!

I just read your review and checked out there site right after, bad timing on my part as my girl walked by and pointed to my screen and said I will take either the purple or rainbow......Looks like you cost me more money King!!!! Hahaha

thgWDmD.jpg

My missus Loves it as well really likes the chameleon version mate

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My missus Loves it as well really likes the chameleon version mate
I just looked at the colors again and is that gold accents on the purple? I might need that for the upcoming Lakers season, she gets the rainbow, I get my Lakers edition

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I should explain here I usually like to make my own coils when I made that comment I was drawing a comparison to my experiences with pre made coils I've used and for such a small device I was impressed with the flavour and cloud production from it much more so than I was expecting

As whiskey said only place I know of at the moment is the link I posted at the top of my review

The original fusion is available through a lot of vendors although I haven't used that device so cannot comment on it
danke schön !!!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
For the record in my review i mentioned about putting this in my bag, my pocket etc ....I tend to always keep my mods upright or at least sort of upright in the pocket ....it's a habit ive got into using RDTAs and RTAs and most certainly RDAs! so didn't want people thinking I just slung this in anyway up (upside down etc in my bag) and it doesn't leak as I haven't actually tried that for long periods of time ....other than holding the device upside down and shaking it etc to confirm it didn't leak that's as far as I went on it :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review King!

thgWDmD.jpg

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
63d90dae-1ff4-401a-bb66-465f25551463
63d90dae-1ff4-401a-bb66-465f25551463
PURPLE
tMztBpG.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the record in my review i mentioned about putting this in my bag, my pocket etc ....I tend to always keep my mods upright or at least sort of upright in the pocket ....it's a habit ive got into using RDTAs and RTAs and most certainly RDAs! so didn't want people thinking I just slung this in anyway up (upside down etc in my bag) and it doesn't leak as I haven't actually tried that for long periods of time ....other than holding the device upside down and shaking it etc to confirm it didn't leak that's as far as I went on it :)
Yep, it can be on it's side without any leaking:)

VU Sponsors