Become a Patron!

VO Tech Via 240W Mod---Review

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello folks, I was sent a VO Tech VIA 240W Mod for review from HealthCabin, this fact will not influence my personal opinion in any way shape or form!

The boxing is typical, really nothing special, all of the usual paperwork, the instructions are limited, a USB cable is included and the mod is capable of charging the batteries at 1.5A. I do not recommend charging the batteries in the mod.
The mod itself is very good looking, on the large side, the 510 is SS and looks to have a gold plated and spring loaded pin with good movement, all the tanks I tried worked, the Fireluke Mesh and Freemax Mesh Pro both did not sit completely flush, about a 1mm gap, not really bad but there.
The finish is rubberized and done very well, the construction is first rate, all panels fit perfectly together, no gaps and no rattles at all, VO did a excellent job putting this one together. You simply pull the bottom half off, it's held in place by 2 strong magnets and there is a swing open door to insert 2 18650 batteries.
Using the mos is simple, a very easy menu system, 5 clicks on and then 3 clicks to move through the menu and then press the up and down together, all of the buttons are very clicky and tactile, I had no misfires at all. The mod it is lightweight, yet rugged with a strong polymer construction. With a 25mm tank installed looks like there is another 1mm left, so I think a 26mm will fit with no overhang.

The mod hits very hard, a example, I typically hit the Pro on my Cylon at 80W, on the Via I was using 70-75W, this thing is also very fast ramp up, you are able to pick 3 ramp up levels, Eco, Norm and Sport mode. I used Norm. I really like the Via in Watts Mode, one of the best.
TC Mode Eh! I screwed on the Fireluke Mesh with a SS .12 and the hit for me was weak, I usually use the Mesh on a VT75D at 480D, on the VIA, 540D was not nearly as strong as the VT75D. So for me TC does work but is only so so.
TC has SS, Ni and Ti, No Ohm Lock, no Watts Adjustment, just Temp Adjustment and you can't rotate the screen, so it's bare bones, but Watts Mode is off the hook.

So would I recommend the VIA? I'm going 75/25 on it! 75% Watts Mode, just great, TC Mode could be much better, but is doable.
So that's it, thanks for reading!
I would like to thank Maggie with HealthCabin for giving me this opportunity.

VIA-240W-Mod-11.jpg

Battery Supported: 18650(2)
Screen Type: 0.91 OLED
Size: 99.5*63*32.5mm
Power Range 5-240W
Temp Control Range: 93-315C / 200-600F
Input Voltage: 5V-1.5V
Output Voltage: 1V-8.4V
Resistance Supported: 0.1-2.0ohm
Available Modes: POWER/BYPASS/TEMP
Standby Current: <200
Temp Control coil supported: NI/TI/SS316
Spring loaded 510 connector
Brand: Votech
WIN_20180720_08_57_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180720_08_57_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180720_09_01_35_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180720_09_02_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180720_09_03_38_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180720_09_06_23_Pro.jpg
LOL, I was not feeling the best when I took these pics, using a laptop cam while stretched out on the bed, bare with me!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hello folks, I was sent a VO Tech VIA 240W Mod for review from HealthCabin, this fact will not influence my personal opinion in any way shape or form!

The boxing is typical, really nothing special, all of the usual paperwork, the instructions are limited, a USB cable is included and the mod is capable of charging the batteries at 1.5A. I do not recommend charging the batteries in the mod.
The mod itself is very good looking, on the large side, the 510 is SS and looks to have a gold plated and spring loaded pin with good movement, all the tanks I tried worked, the Fireluke Mesh and Freemax Mesh Pro both did not sit completely flush, about a 1mm gap, not really bad but there.
The finish is rubberized and done very well, the construction is first rate, all panels fit perfectly together, no gaps and no rattles at all, VO did a excellent job putting this one together. You simply pull the bottom half off, it's held in place by 2 strong magnets and there is a swing open door to insert 2 18650 batteries.
Using the mos is simple, a very easy menu system, 5 clicks on and then 3 clicks to move through the menu and then press the up and down together, all of the buttons are very clicky and tactile, I had no misfires at all. The mod it is lightweight, yet rugged with a strong polymer construction. With a 25mm tank installed looks like there is another 1mm left, so I think a 26mm will fit with no overhang.

The mod hits very hard, a example, I typically hit the Pro on my Cylon at 80W, on the Via I was using 70-75W, this thing is also very fast ramp up, you are able to pick 3 ramp up levels, Eco, Norm and Sport mode. I used Norm. I really like the Via in Watts Mode, one of the best.
TC Mode Eh! I screwed on the Fireluke Mesh with a SS .12 and the hit for me was weak, I usually use the Mesh on a VT75D at 480D, on the VIA, 540D was not nearly as strong as the VT75D. So for me TC does work but is only so so.
TC has SS, Ni and Ti, No Ohm Lock, no Watts Adjustment, just Temp Adjustment and you can't rotate the screen, so it's bare bones, but Watts Mode is off the hook.

So would I recommend the VIA? I'm going 75/25 on it! 75% Watts Mode, just great, TC Mode could be much better, but is doable.
So that's it, thanks for reading!
I would like to thank Maggie with HealthCabin for giving me this opportunity.

VIA-240W-Mod-11.jpg

Battery Supported: 18650(2)
Screen Type: 0.91 OLED
Size: 99.5*63*32.5mm
Power Range 5-240W
Temp Control Range: 93-315C / 200-600F
Input Voltage: 5V-1.5V
Output Voltage: 1V-8.4V
Resistance Supported: 0.1-2.0ohm
Available Modes: POWER/BYPASS/TEMP
Standby Current: <200
Temp Control coil supported: NI/TI/SS316
Spring loaded 510 connector
Brand: Votech
View attachment 116127
View attachment 116128
View attachment 116129
View attachment 116130
View attachment 116131
View attachment 116132
LOL, I was not feeling the best when I took these pics, using a laptop cam while stretched out on the bed, bare with me!
Looks quite nice. I usually don't like regulated devices but this is really cool. It doesn't appear to be bulky at all, very slim line contour

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

bomatttt

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your review. In my opinion, I don’t like the designs on the mod. I think they are ugly. I like the shape of it though, a little different from traditional mods today. But, I won’t be buying this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ITrustI

Member For 1 Year
I just picked mine up myself, got a question for you I'm using 2x 30a 3300 3.7 batteries and it seems when fully charged they only show half charged and seems that they drain kind fast do you have and ideals on some good batteries to use?
e04abf1d1c3d8cc0abc1db3e8e0a1245.jpg
d2f4ff0c235089dfc25973604d7a6c66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just picked mine up myself, got a question for you I'm using 2x 30a 3300 3.7 batteries and it seems when fully charged they only show half charged and seems that they drain kind fast do you have and ideals on some good batteries to use?
e04abf1d1c3d8cc0abc1db3e8e0a1245.jpg
d2f4ff0c235089dfc25973604d7a6c66.jpg

Not sure what charger that is, seems kind of odd they show fully charged but only half charged in the mod. Maybe the batteries, the mod or the charger not quite performing the way it should. For 18650's, usually better off sticking to oem brands like sony, samsung, lg. If vaping around 80-90w or less, 15/20a 3000mah batteries like the sony vtc6, samsung 30q or lg hg2's would work well. Samsung 25r's are decent also but only 2500mah so runtime is a little less. If vaping over 100w regularly consider going with something like the sony vtc5a's. Amperage is higher at 25-30a but the tradeoff is 2500mah. Not much to be done, just the way batteries work. No 18650's that run 25-30a while maintaining the higher 3000mah.

Some good places to find them (assuming you're in the u.s.), imrbatteries, illumn or liionwholesale. Prices vary some between sites, imr and liionwholesale both carry wraps, insulator rings (for rewrapping batteries) and both include a free plastic case for every pair of batteries you buy. As cheap as they are from those places not much reason to shop elsewhere. Not too sure if you're in the UK, fogstar I believe is one of the more popular sources for batteries.

ITrustI

Member For 1 Year
Not sure what charger that is, seems kind of odd they show fully charged but only half charged in the mod. Maybe the batteries, the mod or the charger not quite performing the way it should. For 18650's, usually better off sticking to oem brands like sony, samsung, lg. If vaping around 80-90w or less, 15/20a 3000mah batteries like the sony vtc6, samsung 30q or lg hg2's would work well. Samsung 25r's are decent also but only 2500mah so runtime is a little less. If vaping over 100w regularly consider going with something like the sony vtc5a's. Amperage is higher at 25-30a but the tradeoff is 2500mah. Not much to be done, just the way batteries work. No 18650's that run 25-30a while maintaining the higher 3000mah.

Some good places to find them (assuming you're in the u.s.), imrbatteries, illumn or liionwholesale. Prices vary some between sites, imr and liionwholesale both carry wraps, insulator rings (for rewrapping batteries) and both include a free plastic case for every pair of batteries you buy. As cheap as they are from those places not much reason to shop elsewhere. Not too sure if you're in the UK, fogstar I believe is one of the more popular sources for batteries.
Thank you alot of good info you provided me. I bought a new set of batteries and a new base for charging and it didn't change anything. So maybe my mod is messing up. So gonna try one of theses you recommend then of that's a no go I'm gonna take it back and see of something is messed up with mod.

i have the same issue, i bought brand new awt's and charged them in my brand new intellicharger i8 and then when i put the new batteries in the mod they only show half charged? also i can't change the decebel in the watt's like i'm stuck at 80.1 or 80.5? can't change the decibel, and the watt's change on me? i'll have it up to 80 set it down for a minute, come back and it will show 77W?

ITrustI

Member For 1 Year
i have the same issue, i bought brand new awt's and charged them in my brand new intellicharger i8 and then when i put the new batteries in the mod they only show half charged? also i can't change the decebel in the watt's like i'm stuck at 80.1 or 80.5? can't change the decibel, and the watt's change on me? i'll have it up to 80 set it down for a minute, come back and it will show 77W?
That's a new one on me, I've just got the not fully charged issue and I can't seem to get any customer service.

That's a new one on me, I've just got the not fully charged issue and I can't seem to get any customer service.

yeah i got mine replaced a few weeks ago, my local vape shop switched them out, i guess the company told them there was something on the chipset that wasn't supposed to be there i guess. after i got the new one it registered my batteries correctly and hit like a champ

ITrustI

Member For 1 Year
yeah i got mine replaced a few weeks ago, my local vape shop switched them out, i guess the company told them there was something on the chipset that wasn't supposed to be there i guess. after i got the new one it registered my batteries correctly and hit like a champ
Yeah mine was out of the 7 day warranty my store rocks so I'm kinda fudged.

ITrustI

Member For 1 Year
Yeah mine was out of the 7 day warranty my store rocks so I'm kinda fudged.

Update, finally got a hold of them, there sending me a new one. Said it was a chip malfunction so should be here by tuesday. Very happy right now so no boycotting these products I can support them now.

VU Sponsors