Become a Patron!

Voltrove v2 RTA Limited Edition Review by SessionDrummer

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Voltrove Lede.png

Having never heard of Voltrove, thankfully @woftam was spamming some pics of this flavor behemoth in the VapeMail thread, and I'm glad he did. With all of the PTMA and shipping bans in flux, once I saw pics of this, I decided to contact Mark at Voltrove and pick up one, JUST in case. You never know, .... it's 2021. Despite the fact that specs on this are few and far between on the interwebs, that's not going to stop YOU from checking this one out.

**Specs:**

*Will update after talking with Mark again ...*

* Two post deck in the tank and a postless deck in the box. :)
* Wide bore 810 drip tip
* Bigger and beefier two post deck.
* Pressure relief system in the threaded top cap. No more seeping when you fill it.
* Juice flow above the AFC like the 35v2 LE.

A box, just like any other box (sorta).
Box Shot.jpg

Well, until you open it, that is.
Box Open.jpg

And behold, Mark thought of pretty much everything including the massive 30 v2 LE with the dual post deck installed, a postless deck, vape band, short tank glass (installed), tall tank glass, allen key, and an entire bag of goodies.
Whats Included.jpg

The bag was stuffed soo full, had to dump it out to see what was what. A chimney extension for the tall tank glass, and entire plethora of o-rings of every size conceivable, and plenty of extra grub screws.
Bag Contents.jpg

Upon initial inspection and cleaning, I couldn't find ONE fault with any of the parts. The machining (repeating) was spot on accurate, threads buttery smooth, and the fit and finish was first rate.
Exploded Parts.jpg

The main unit, in all it's Behemoth'ness. I'm waiting to hear back from Mark on some specifics, but this thing is built like a battleship, and I'm almost convinced we're talking Stainless Steel, and show stopping tinted glass.
Main Unit.jpg

Go big, or go home. A nice fattie 810 chuffer, to direct the flavor into your flavor receptor.
Chuff Tip.jpg

Nice o-rings allowed for a smooth and solid drip tip ride.
Top Cap Drip Tip.jpg

The top plate (and everywhere else on this unit), had untterly buttery smooth threads, and o-rings a-plenty just like you'd expect from a well thought out device. First rate machining, without exception.
Top Plate Threads.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Top Plate O-rings.jpg

Moving on to the upper, the keyed slots directed correct coil alignmentation. Mucho domed-ness for increased flavor.
Domed.jpg

From the top, the juice flow ports could not be ignored. Notice the pressure relief valve.
Flow Ports.jpg

Reversing direction to the bottom cap, even it, exuded Behemoth-ness.
Bottom.jpg

Keyed and ported for all of your flavor enjoyment needs.
Keyed Deck Bottom.jpg

Next, we examine the pre-installed dual post velocity styled deck with dual o-rings, and precise machining. You can see how the keyed notches leave the coils directly in proper alignment. Notice the knurling on the juice flow ring, and the massive air flow array, that is duplicated on the opposite side.

Deck Flipped.jpg

Deck.jpg

Luckily for me, Mark heard that I utterly sucked at making coils, and decided it best, if he included some Mean Drips tri-core, 28/36 N80 6 wrap, 4mm Stags, coming in at just over 0.21 ohms.
Tri Core Coils.jpg

Tri Core Coils 2.jpg

Why not right ? This whole setup was top shelf, why not toss some jewelry in for good measure !!
Coils Closeup.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loading these gems into the deck, and admiring the juice flow ports.
Coils Juiceflow.jpg

Time out for some spam pics, as this setup was just too damned nice NOT to.....
Coils Loading.jpg

Coils Loading 2.jpg

Coils Loading 3.jpg

Initial testing, and pulsing on the Asmodus.
Coils Reading.jpg

Wicking was a no hassle affair, no thinning required.
Wicks Loaded.jpg

Tucked the tails leaving a gap in between.
Tails Tucked.jpg

Saucing the sauce.
Money Shot.jpg

Break out the fire hose to fill, because it'll fit. LOL because the Voltrove was almost mocking my smallish needle tipped bottle.
Filling.jpg

There was a slight overhang on the Asmodus, but still, it couldn't help but look good.
Filled.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even better on the SteamCrave. Behemoth meets the behemoth.
Riding SteamCrave.jpg

**Testing/Usage:**

It's sad that it took PTMA/Shipping Bans to bring this unit into my sights, but I'm damned sure glad it happened, and thanks again out to @woftam. All in, this was a WOA (Work Of Art) device. The smoothness of the threads and machining could not be overstated. Having never owned a Voltrove before, I can't speak to improvements over previous builds, but I saw rumors of a few upgrades, fixes, etc. With the tri-core coils I needed to throw some extra watts at them to wake them up, and turn on the flavor. With these coils, things started to really wake up at 100w and north, this thing just got STUPID. Out of force of habit with my SteamCraves I turned the juiceflow control off when filling, and then just left it wide open during the entire test. Toyed with the airflow from restricted to wide open, and it clearly could satisfy ANY airflow needs. Slight increase in flavor saturation at more restricted dialings, but not dramatically. The flavor was saturated, accurate, plentiful, and it literally had no care about what flavors I threw in, as it chucked them all my way, and in an almost arrogant, and silly manner !!!! For the purposes of this review, I only tested the dual post deck, but will be trying out the postless shortly. Juice and air rings worked great, no leaks, spits, or anything off-putting to be had here.

**Conclusion:**

I know, I know. Why now ?? !!! With all the (US) PTMA, and shipping bans looming, is this something you MIGHT want to pick up ?? Hell to the YES !!!!! If you're stockpiled already, then the choice will be yours, but scoring something like this, IN these strange times or who knows WHAT will happen next, just MIGHT make you a happier camper. Not the cheapest, not the smallest, but MAN, what a top rate piece of equipment, that does what it does, and does it good. A flavor chucking behemoth is what it is, and it is not only a joy to build on, but just to use it. The threads/machining reminded me of my first Provari, and how much it stood out from the pack at the time. If you love high end, well machined equipment, this one WILL get it done for you, and it'll do it with style, and flavor !!!!

Sorry that I couldn't provide more detailed specs, as the info is hard to come by at the moment, and am waiting to hear back from Mark at Voltrove. I will gladly update this review once I get more info.

If you've managed to drool your way all the way down here to the bottom, then I salute you. Thanks again out to Mark for providing the tri-cores and the fast shipping.

S.D.

**POC:**

For more information, join our Voltrove Syndicate group and check the announcements.

In stock:

**30v2 LE in black and SS.**
**35v2 LE postless decks.**
**35v2 LE spares.**

Ordering:

Please contact us to place an order.

[HASH=2222]###[/HASH]# Contact:

Email: [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])
Voice/text: 707-413-8135

Give our FB page a like!

Join our general FB vape group!
Voltrove Syndicate

Join our modding group!

Voltrove Close.png

Coil Rod.jpg

VU Sponsors