Become a Patron!

Voluntary Recall - IPV V2 by Pioneer For You (JJVapes)

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Posted by JJVapes on FB today

JJVapes is voluntarily recalling all IPV V2 mods sold to our customers due to a malfunction found to overheat an internal electrical component, causing smoke to be released through the bottom “vent holes” of the unit. On August 4th, 2014 a JJVapes team member experienced this issue while using their personal unit, only a couple of weeks after the product’s release. We would like to be clear, this is NOT a recall issued by the manufacturer. The manufacturer has been notified, and we are awaiting a response.

Though this may have been a fluke event, we are asking any and all customers who purchased this device from JJVapes to please return it for a full refund, while more testing is conducted on the IPV V2. If you currently own an IPV V2 that was not purchased from JJVapes, we ask that you please use caution and care, as with any vaping device.

Thanks,

The JJVapes Team

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks for the heads up ! :)

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Were these early release prototypes?
Did the touch fire shut off? (early prototype)
Did it have a QA sticker inside? (was missing in prototype)
Did it have the girl logo on side? (also prototype)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for being a class act!

We need more like you:D

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now this is customer service
giphy.gif

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I aplaud the vendor for their honesty and safety precautions.
My interactions with P4Y lead me to believe that they too are class act and will make this right.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Posted by JJVapes on FB today

JJVapes is voluntarily recalling all IPV V2 mods sold to our customers due to a malfunction found to overheat an internal electrical component, causing smoke to be released through the bottom “vent holes” of the unit. On August 4th, 2014 a JJVapes team member experienced this issue while using their personal unit, only a couple of weeks after the product’s release. We would like to be clear, this is NOT a recall issued by the manufacturer. The manufacturer has been notified, and we are awaiting a response.

Though this may have been a fluke event, we are asking any and all customers who purchased this device from JJVapes to please return it for a full refund, while more testing is conducted on the IPV V2. If you currently own an IPV V2 that was not purchased from JJVapes, we ask that you please use caution and care, as with any vaping device.

Thanks,

The JJVapes Team
I think this is a stand up thing to do I am curious though I heard about this earlier and in your statement "t a malfunction found to overheat an internal electrical component, causing smoke to be released through the bottom “vent holes” of the unit"
What was the internal electrical component that is overheating? I ask because now I am worried this thing may catch on fire like my Cana did?

Is there something I can check for?

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really sure. I watched PBusardo video and his had 2 issues. One was if any moisture got on the top sensor button it would start firing. Second issue was it kept firing on low battery. It's up on youtube now.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes... i wonder the same. I have had some juice leak and seep down into the box a little bit. I suppose if this were to happen badly it could reach the battery or chip and cause some major issues.
The good news is the ipv2 comes with a 1 year warranty... at least for "most" folks.

olderthandirt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stunned and amazed with this recall. Outstanding and Well Done!!

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just an FYI. I do not work for JJvapes, I just found the info on FB and posted here. ;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Mine looks NOTHING like Phil Busardo's IPV V2. My box has none of these problems.
God knows exactly how long he had been vaping it at "teetering" between .2ohms and .3ohms but is must have been long enough to melt a good amount of the glue inside.
Also my battery door fits 100% flush.
If yours doesn't then try a different battery or take your out and put it back in.

My IPV V2 is #L0275

3 Links

Phil's Blog Post:

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2014/08/07/from-boge-gate-to-ipv-v2-gate/

Phil's Video Review:

Check the specs on your mod:

http://www.steam-engine.org/modrange.asp

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Start looking at 35:00. Mine does not have glue oozing out of the positive and negative terminals. But Phil's does. Kind of strange.

I think the oozing glue is causing it to not sit flush.

I don't know WTF Phil got but it's nothing like mine.

Do any of you have these problems?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good on ya....nice to see a vendor own up to issues, even if it's not in their control, and take action. :D

anon...you+re+alright+today+_0df6542862ab2a9dcbe61b74dcb0b2de.png

Hello new to this forum was brought here by a google search .

Just picked up an ipv v2 haven't used it yet .

What I can tell you is when I opened up the battery plate I smelled glue still curing .

Reminded me of the glue I used when building car models . Not epoxy .

My first thoughts , leave the plate open let it cure more as the smell smelled like fresh glue still needing to cure .

Anyways it's been open now for about 6 hours and the smells gone . Just a faint smell , still going to leave it open to cure more .

My theory , this is a product that clearly had high anticipation . Preorders around my part of town (Toronto ontario ) are posted up on major suppliers (maple leaf vapes , dashvapes ) and if I had to guess it's the same in other locations .

I could see something as simple as designing testing engineering being at the core , but some poor assembly guy being pushed to churn out more units while the glue is still fresh and sealed not getting enough air to cure and going straight from assembly to store front .

I imagine as they knock more of these units off and supply demand cools down they can maybe give some time for the glue to cure .

Just speculation , I have no idea if the smoke was the glue not curing properly but I know for sure my 2 cents says I smelt fresh glue .

I hope this helps .

I can't wait to use this thing , it's looks amazing .

Crossing fingers it lasts :)

Happy vaping .

VU Sponsors