Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus G

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

This review will cover the Argus G, the latest in Voopoo’s Argus range using their ITO coils and trying to find out if it offers anything over the already extensive range of Argus pod systems.

I’ll also be taking a brief look at the Argus Pod cartridge with replaceable coils.

DSC02417.jpg

Product overview

The Argus G is a 1000mAh, 25w pod system with adjustable airflow, adjustable power, LCD screen and the choice of fire button or autodraw.

What do you get?
  • Argus G pod device
  • 1×0.7ohm fixed coil pod
  • 1×1.2ohm fixed coil pod
  • Lanyard
  • USB type-C cable
First impressions

Unlike the sexy Argus P1, the Argus G is a conventionally styled pod device – with airflow control on one side, USB charging port on the other and a small LCD screen + fire button on the front.

Like most recent Voopoo devices, it’s really well made with good attention to detail, as with some other Voopoo devices, the bottom of the device has a rubber insert to prevent scratches.

DSC02422.jpg

Functions
  • Five clicks to turn the device on
  • While on five clicks to enter a menu that gives you the options of; device off, puff reset and fire button disable (this still allows autodraw, but doesn’t allow fire button draw or power adjustment)
  • Three buttons to enter power adjustment mode, in this mode you can’t exceed the maximum recommended power of the coil
Airflow adjustment

This is where the Argus G improves over previous Argus pod devices.

If you slide the airflow adjustment up, you reveal a single tiny airflow slot which gives a nice tight MTL draw.

If you slide the airflow adjustment down, you reveal a series of three larger airflow slots which gives a range of less restricted, but still MTL draw.

1DSC02424.jpg

How does it perform?

Voopoo’s ITO Argus coils are probably my favorite MTL pod coils right now, I’ve enjoyed them in previous devices and the improved airflow control just makes them better.

In the past, the 0.7ohm coil was my favorite – it still performs just as well in this device as in other – however, the 1.2ohm coil seems to work a little better in this device due to the more precise airflow adjustment.

Battery

Voopoo claims ‘3-4 days’ of vaping from this battery, obviously this really depends on which coil you’re using, how much you vape and what you set your wattage to.

While charging the device is reasonably quick, the Argus G doesn’t support pass-through charging. One cool feature it does have, is that while charging it displays how many minutes remaining until full charge.

Argus Pod replaceable coils

Note: these do not come with the Argus G device

This is quite self-explanatory, instead of the standard Argus pods with fixed coils, these are empty Argus pods that allow you to replace the coil.

Coil choices are 1.2, 1.0, 0.7 and 0.5ohm – theoretically, they are compatible with all Argus pod devices, however the 0.5ohm coil would probably struggle a little for power in any device other than the Argus G.

I can’t really comment on how they perform when compared to the fixed coil pods, as I’ve only tried the 0.5ohm removable coil – and that’s something I’ve never tried with the fixed pods.

DSC02433.jpg

Conclusion

It seems pretty clear that this is the best Argus pod device to date, due to its precise airflow control, power adjustment and increased power.

As a main vaping device or even backup vaping device, this would probably be my ideal choice, however my personal preferences when it comes to pods are for something really simple and small – fortunately, Voopoo also provided me with the Argus Pod SE which is a smaller and more barebones device - that review will be published in a few days time.

Disclaimer

The Argus G was provided by Voopoo for the purposes of this review

DSC02429.jpg

VU Sponsors