Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus G2 - review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi there folks!

Time for another review from yours truly,today i will be reviewing the new minimalist but powerful pod device from Voopoo called Argus G2 Mini which was sent to my for the purposes of this review.

IMG_20240523_160622_with_bgc.png

Starting with some visual aids as i always do,if you're in a hurry just by the pics you can get a quick grasp of the sort of device i am going to review so strap in and lets get started.

colors.JPG
contents.JPG
specs.JPG
airflow.JPGno leaking.JPGpod capacity.JPGsidefill.JPGLED.JPGcartridge options several.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

This is a minimalist vaping kit which makes the packaging a bit different than what Voopoo has us use to.
Open the box and there is a small plastic pouch,tear up the top and you will find the pod inside,apart from that you get an instruction manual and a small card with basic pod vaping info that will be useful to new vapers.

There is no charging cable and no second cartridge just the one that is preinstalled.
As you can see in the first picture i got the Moonlit Grey color and it does look awesome,darker on the bottom and it gets lighter with a nice gradient the further you go up.
The device itself feels very light,it is made out of Aluminum Alloy + PC and it has a 1200 mAh Built-in Battery,even with a battery of this size it does feel lighter than others.

The cartridge itself has top filling,to be honest i would call it top side filling because the rubber tab you pull out to refill the cartridge is on the side but top of the cartridge.
On the rubber tab you have imprinted the ohms of the coil so you know which one you're using at that moment.
The pod also have 2 light indicators,the one in the base is an LED that will light up when you insert a pod or take a puff,you can disable this LED by doing 3 quick puffs and enable by doing another 3 quick puffs.
You also have a small White/Red light on the front,this is for you to know the battery level,color white means you got from 100 to 15% battery left and Red means you got 15% or less.

Small device but it does come with a ton of safety features:

-Overtime Protection: Automatically shuts off after 5 seconds of continuous draw to prevent overheating.
-Short-circuit Protection: Guards against circuit malfunctions.
-Overcharge Protection: Prevents battery damage by cutting off power when fully charged.
-Output Over-current Protection: Shields the device from excessive current output.
-Low Battery Protection: Alerts when battery levels are critically low.
-Over Temperature Protection: Monitors device temperature to avoid overheating.
-Max Power Protection: Ensures the device operates within its optimal power range

Also worth a mention that the cartridge of the Argus G2 Mini is compatible with all the Argus family:
ARGUS G, ARGUS P1, ARGUS P1s, ARGUS Z, ARGUS POD SE, and ARGUS POD.

Vaping time:

Ok so with the box you just get the 0.7 ohm coil preinstalled but Voopoo was kind enough to send me a 0.4 ohm coil so i could test out both of them.

I filled them up with my new favorite e-liquid from Bombo,Bar Juice Orange Soda at 3mg nic,i let both fully saturate for 15 minutes.
Remember when it comes to preinstalled coils you need to give it time so the cotton is fully saturated with the e-liquid,that way you will get a longer lifespan.

Gotta be honest performance wise i got the same result from both coils (0.7 and 0.4 ohms),the only difference is that if you close the airflow all the way thru (there is still a tiny hole if airflow fully closed) and use the 0.7 ohm coil you will get a real MTL vaping experience,if you use the 0.4 ohm coil you will get more of a RDL which is fine by me because that is my preferred way of vaping.

Ok now flavor wise and hit....these coils are PHENOMENAL!! The flavor right on point,decent cloud in MTL with the 0.7 coil and better cloud production with the 0.4 ohm coil and with the airflow fully opened.

I've used this device for 3 days straight and no leaking whatsoever and flavor after 3 days remains to be as good as the first day,auto draw feature works like a charm and i really enjoyed using this device on a daily basis.

PROS:

-Perfect device to use when quitting cigarettes or switch from disposables to pods
-Good size battery
-Coils are absolutely PHENOMENAL!!
-Easy to use,no fuss,bells or whistles
-Airflow control right on point
-Aesthetic wise it looks very good

CONS:

-No 2A charging,not ideal
-No second cartridge? bad idea if this kit is aimed towards new vaper,a second coil/cartridge should be the standard in today's vaping industry

Would i recommend this device:

Heck yeah!!
I mean what is not to love,very good power output,awesome flavors from the cartridges and a big battery which will last you for days.
This is a really good device that can be used by anyone,be it new vaper,disposable user or even seasoned vapers that need a small device to carry around,this will meet all your vaping needs.
And let us not forget about the price,when it comes to getting more bang for your buck you cannot go wrong with the Argus G2 Mini,i mean 15 bucks for a device like this?

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

VU Sponsors