Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus II GT + UForce L kit

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

I was a little surprised when I was sent the Argus GT II Kit to review, as I thought this had been released a while ago.

However, after further examination things became clearer. While the original Argus GT II Kit was the mod + MAAT tank, the new Argus GT II kit replaces the MAAT tank with the latest Uforce L tank.

Product overview

The Argus GT II is an IP68 rated, 200w, dual 18650, zinc alloy mod with max 12v output and 5V/3A charging, the Uforce L tank is a 5.5ml, top airflow tank that uses PnP coils.

DSC02280.jpg

What do you get?
  • Argus GT II mod
  • Uforce L tank
  • spare 5.5ml bubble glass
  • 1×0.15ohm TW15 coil
  • 1×0.2ohm TW20 coil
  • type-C cable + spares
Two things to note:
  • The fitted glass and spare glass are both bubble glass – if you want straight glass then you’re out of luck.
  • The whole package comes in a nice metal case that’s worth keeping.
First impressions

I was already familiar with the Uforce L tank having reviewed it as part of the Drag 4 kit, so my main focus was on the Argus GT II. It’s a far more modern and curved design that the Drag 4 – if the Drag 4 is a classic analog wristwatch, the Argus is a Casio Gshock.

The overall design is quite conventional apart from a lock button (which seems to feature on all new Voopoo mods) and a sliding metal cover on the top of the mod for the USB port.

The battery door feels solid, it is hinged but unlike a lot of hinged battery doors it has a release button which makes everything feel more secure.

While the overall feel of the mod is good, one negative point is a slight button rattle – not enough to be a major annoyance, but I’d still prefer it not to be there.

The 25.5mm Uforce L tank is right at the edge of the mod, so don’t expect to be fitting 26mm and larger tanks on this mod without overhang.

DSC02267.jpg

Functions

Five clicks turns the mod on/off and up+down accesses the menu, from there you can switch between smart, RBA, turbo and TC modes, there’s also settings to reset the puff counter, brightness and display cut off time.

The screen shows wattage (or temp in TC mode), mode, each battery level as a percentage and bar, resistance, voltage, puff time and puff count. One thing worth mentioning about the screen is that the wattage/temp takes up the entire top half of the screen – this makes the rest of the data tiny. For me, this is perfect – all I need are wattage and battery levels.

Unlike the Drag 4, the locking button is not programmable – the only thing it can do is to lock the whole device, this is a shame because on the Drag 4 I programmed it to act as an on/off button.

What I will say about recent Voopoo mods with the Gene 2.0 chipset, is that what they lack in customization, they make up for in ease of use.

DSC02273.jpg

Tank

Seeing as this is exactly the same tank/coils as the Drag 4 kit that I just reviewed, here is a quick copy/paste of what I said about it there:

There’s nothing revolutionary about the Uforce L tank – it’s pretty much a standard top-airflow stock coil tank. The only issue I have with it is that it uses 810 drip-tips with O-rings, rather than having the O-ring on the tank. This of course rules out 95% of my 810 drip-tip collection.

Please don’t be tempted to find a regular 810 drip-tip that is wide enough to fit securely – it will get stuck and you will put a huge scratch in your drip-tip trying to remove it. I found this out the hard way.

P1Fzmbr.jpg

Performance
  • 0.2ohm TW20 - This coil is rated 40-55w. From 40-45w, the flavor is a little underwhelming, but as soon as you reach 50w the flavor is good – push it to the max recommended 55w and everything steps up a couple of levels with crisp and strong flavor. This is a coil that deserves to be pushed hard and rewards you for doing so. Fully open was a little too airy for this coil, close it down about a third and it’s perfect, the only negative point for this coil is that vapor production is merely average.
  • 0.15ohm TW15 - This coil is rated 55-70w. As with the previous 0.2ohm coil, the TW15 responds very well at the top of its recommended wattage range. It has the same crisp flavor that I found with the previous coil, just with a little more vapor production.
I don’t remember PnP coils being this good, and due to this tank being top-airflow you don’t have to consider the ‘my PnP coil is leaking’ problem that seemed so common in the past.

All in all, while I’m not going to say this is the best stock-coil tank in the world, for a tank with a starter kit, this is a fine choice. No leaks, very wide selection and availability of coils and decent flavor.

Conclusion

As a kit the Argus GT II and Uforce L tank work well together – the mod is nice to use and the tank is a keeper.

The harder conclusion is to decide between the Argus GT II kit and the Drag 4 kit – my subjective choice would be the Drag 4 kit, based on how it looks and the fact that I don’t really need the IP68 features. If you prefer the looks of the Argus or need the IP68 features, then maybe the Argus kit would be the better choice.

Disclaimer

The Argus II + Uforce L kit was sent for the purposes of this review by Voopoo

DSC02263.jpg

VU Sponsors