Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus P1s review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

It’s safe to say that Voopoo believe in covering all bases when it comes to the Argus range of pod systems; if you want autodraw only, adjustable or fixed airflow, adjustable or fixed power, there’s an Argus pod that does it.

Now you can add ‘Cyber Punk Lights’ to the list of things that an Argus pod can do.

Product overview

The Argus P1s is an autodraw, 800mAh, fast charging pod device with fixed airflow that is compatible with 2ml Argus pods.

DSC03202.JPG

What do you get?

• Argus P1s device
  • 1×1.2ohm Argus pod
  • 1×0.7ohm Argus pod
  • type-C charging cable
  • lanyard
Two pods, thank you very much Voopoo.

First impressions

Like its predecessor, the P1, the P1s is all about aesthetics. The upper half of the clear plastic body reveals the pod’s circuitry and a three bar battery indicator that looks more like something from a sci-fi movie than a pod as it changes color.

For a no-frills 800mAh pod device, it’s a little taller than I expected – at 112mm, it’s a fraction taller than the Argus G that manages to squeeze a fire button, adjustable airflow and an LCD screen into its 110mm.

As well as looking good, it feels nice – there’s nothing cheap or flimsy about the P1s.

DSC03206.JPG

How does it perform?

exactly the same as everything else with the Argus pods’ would be the lazy answer, but laziness isn’t a virtue and revisiting the Argus pods isn’t exactly a chore so…

• 1.2ohm pod - this is a pretty decent MTL pod, flavors are well defined and there’s nice throat hit. The only issue I have when using this pod, is that with tobacco juice it performs better with less airflow, with other juices it’s just fine.
  • 0.7ohm pod - this has always been one of my favorite loose MTL pods and nothing has changed. Juices with flavors and subtle sub-flavors? No problem. Cheap juice with almost no flavor, this makes them taste good. A superstar among pods!
Pods

The 2ml pods utilize a side-fill system with a rubber bung and are very comfortable in the mouth.

From using the pods supplied with this device and having used them in the past, I’m confident in saying that they last well, at the end of their lifespan the flavor starts to taper off, giving plenty of warning that a replacement is due.

DSC03210.JPG

Battery

800mAh is merely okay, and for a device this size 1000mAh would have been nice, it doesn’t drain overly quickly, but still…

Fortunately, it does charge very quickly.

Conclusion

While the Argus P1s certainly isn’t the most feature packed pod device out there (or even the most feature packed Argus pod device), it looks really nice, feels good and uses some of the best pod coils out there.

Disclaimer

The Argus P1s was sent for the purposes of this review by Voopoo.

voopoo-argus-p1s-vape-kit_10.jpg

VU Sponsors