Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus P2 - Review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hey there folks.
Hope y'all have a good and fun filled weekend,well today i will be writing a review of the Argus P2 from Voopoo that was sent to me for the purposes of this review.

main pic.JPG

Time to get started,for those that are tight on time i will start with some visual aids so you can get an idea of the type of device i will be talking about.

COLORS.JPG
CONTENTS.JPG
SPECS.JPG
PRE INSTALLED CARTRIDGES.JPG
EMPTY CARTRIDGE.JPG
NEW TOP FILL.JPG
POWER MODE.JPGSHIFT MODE.JPGLED MODE.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Very nice presentation where the device showed on the top of the box is the same color that you chose,remove the sleeve and you will find a flat rectangular box that contains the usual paperwork along with the Type-C Charging Cable,Lanyard and an extra coil.
Gotta love brands that go the extra mile and include an extra coil,i always say it this should be the standard in the vape industry.

I got the black matte which looks awesome and even thou i am not a fan of pods shaped like this i gotta admit it does look cool.
It feels heavy actually,not heavy in a bad way but heavy as in this is a well designed and put together device,this is the way devices should be made.

Vaping time:

First of all i decided to go with the 0.3 ohm coil,the preinstalled was the 0.7 ohm so i just switched them up.
The cartridges are top fill,you don't remove the cap but you use the rubber tab which is located almost in the top on the side so yeah it can be considered a top fill.

Menu operation is done only with the golden button located on top:

- 5 Clicks, it will turn it on or off. When it is turned on, it will give us the possibility of turning it off, cleaning the puff counter, blocking the button itself or turning the LEDs on/off.
- 3 Clicks, it will enter Watts adjustment mode, rising in 1W increments to a maximum of 30W, then it will restart up to 5W.
- 2 Clicks, it will give us the option to choose between SMART, SUPER and ECO.

Ok so coil properly saturated with the sweet nectar of the gods,e-liquid of choice today is the Demo Melon Lime Cucumber 100ml By The Mind Flayer & Bombo at 6mg of nic.

The 0.4 ohm coil you can bring up to 30 watts which is the max of the Argus P2,decided to go low at first to break in the coil and just keep on adjusting the wattage until i got to the sweet spot.

Started at 18 watts then worked my way up to 30 watts,once i settled a 30 watts realized that even thou i was getting a nice flavorful vape i was kinda missing some more ''hit'' to it.
Don't get me wrong but i was expecting some more wam bam thank you maam if I'm at 30 watts,maybe it's just me but that is how it felt.

Later on i did find some nic salts i was gifted by my friend the owner of the local vape shop so i decided to use that with the 0.7 ohm coil.

Now with this one i stayed at 16 watts and yeah i got a really good hit from it,between a RDL to MTL hit type,very satisfying.
Even thou i am not usually a nic salt user i have to say that i preferred the performance and hit of the 0.7 ohm coil compared to the 0.3 ohm coil and freebase.

PROS:

-Good packaging with extra coil
-The Argus P2 is very solid,looks and feels durable
-Easy top refill
-Nice flavorful vape thanks to the Voopoo coils

CONS:

-The 0.4 ohm i found a bit lackluster when it comes to hit but then again that could be just be a ''me'' problem.

Would i recommend this device:

Well i gotta say this new Argus P2 is an improvement over the previous version.
I found it a bit lacking in the RDL department,the 0.4 ohm coil just didn't hit hard enough for me but the 0.7 ohm coil was just excellent and it might make me go back to nic salts.

Portability,power and sturdiness this is one heck of a device so you can't got wrong,it will meet all your vaping needs.
Maybe the 0.4 ohm coil will be enough for you,maybe me feeling it didn't hit strong enough is just a ''me'' issue so i can't really talk for the rest of you.
The 0.7 ohm coil i used on a daily basis and oh man did this thing deliver and then some.
At the same time of the release of the Argus P2 they also released the G2 which is basically the same except for some minor changes like the battery size,shape and menu.

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me the Argus P2 so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors