Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus Pod SE

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

How on the heels of the Argus G is the Argus Pod SE from Voopoo, while the Argus G made a point of adding features, the Argus Pod SE has taken most of them away to give you a very bare-bones pod device.

The strange thing is...I prefer the Argus Pod SE to the Argus G.

DSC02432.jpg

Product overview

The Argus Pod SE is a 800mAh 18w pod device, with autodraw only and adjustable airflow.

It is compatible with Voopoo’s range of ITO pod coils..

What do you get?

• Argus Pod SE device
  • 1x0.7ohm Argus pod
  • 1x1.2ohm Argus pod
  • USB type-C charging cable
First impressions

The Argus Pod SE is obviously lacking the fire button and LCD screen of the Argus G, this does however allow it to be much smaller.

It has the same rubber base as the Argus G, however the USB charging port is located on the bottom of the device rather than the side, which is not the ideal location.

Airflow control is located on the front and there are LED slots on the side to show the battery level.

Functions

None really. Fill the pod, adjust the airflow and vape it.

Airflow

It does have the same airflow range as the Argus G – going from tight to loose MTL, however the adjustment isn’t quite as precise, as it uses an airflow slot, rather than a series of holes.

DSC02427.jpg

How does it perform?

As with my previous review, these are the best MTL pod coils that I’ve tested.

The 1.2ohm pod is very suitable for the tighter airflow settings, while the 0.7ohm pod requires a little more airflow.

Battery

800mAh isn’t a lot of battery capacity, but you can’t expect much more from something this small - the upside is that it charges more quickly.

Either way, if I wanted to use it for extended periods of time, I’d go for the 1.2ohm pod rather than the 0.7ohm in order to preserve the battery.

The Argus Pod SE does not support pass-through charging.

Conclusion

So why do I like this more than other pod devices that have far more features?

I don’t need those features, and I really appreciate the smaller size.

The power levels as standard for the provided coils are perfect, the airflow adjustment works, the battery lasts me long enough and lack of features don’t stop the coils from having excellent flavor.

If a pod system was my only device, I’d probably go for something with more features, but as something I throw in my pocket when I’m going out for a couple of hours, this is exactly what I want in a pod system

Disclaimer

The Argus Pod SE was provided for the purposes of this review by Voopoo.

84N8jBL.jpg

VU Sponsors