Become a Patron!

VooPoo Argus Pro 2 Review By Ben28

VooPoo Argus Pro 2
banner.jpg
VooPoo is moving up the ranks with its products. They had a bad streak according to their consumers but they are rising from the ashes with innovative products and systems. In this case I bring you the Argus Pro 2, a new Argus that has improved everything that the public has asked for and that also incorporates the new PNP X base from VooPoo. Let's give way to a very detailed review.

I would like to thank Freya from VooPoo for making this review possible, I am attaching a link so you can review the Argus Pro 2 for yourself.

Combo.jpg

* Sorry for the pics, it was a struggle for me to adjust them perfectly this time.

Features
3000mAh Battery
80W Max Output
Turbo Mode
Dynamic Switch
Top Airflow
5mL Capacity
PNP X Platform

BrandVOOPOO
Product NameArgus Pro 2 Kit
Battery CapacityBuilt-in 3000mAh battery
Output Power5-80W
Output Voltage3.2-4.2V
Resistance0.1-3.0Ω
AirflowTop airflow intake
Capacity5ml
FillingSide filling
Standard CoilsPnP X 0.15Ω, PnP X 0.3Ω
Fit ForPnP X cartridge DTL/MTL Version, all PnP X Series Coils
MaterialLeather, Zinc Alloy
Product Size127.4*35.5*29.8mm
Packing Size71*49*145mm
ColorSpray Black, Pearl White, Modern Red, Lake Blue, Sky Purple, Space Gray, Cocoa Brown

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240129214507.jpg
The device comes presented in a very futuristic-looking rectangular box. This has a small relief that imitates an electronic circuit. Above we have mostly branding and on the right we are shown a photo of the device that matches the color of the product we have purchased, that is, there is individual packaging. White colors are combined with those of the version we have chosen.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214511.jpg

On the back we are mainly presented with the contents of the box along with certain addresses to contact VooPoo in addition to certain warnings about vaping. Here the relief is no longer maintained and basically there is no color, it is simply black and white.

In the box
1* Argus Pro 2 Device
1* PNP X Cartridge 5mL
1* PNP X 0.3Ω Coil
1* PNP X 0.15Ω Coil
1* PNP X Platform Card
1* Type-C Cable
1* User Manual

Pretty complete right ?

ReLens_IMG_20240129214519.jpg

On this side the characteristic relief of this product is maintained. On this side we are simply shown the name of the product and some characteristic colors of space or the galaxy, purple, black, small dots that symbolize the stars.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214528.jpg

This side maintains the same characteristics as the other, only here we are shown three of the most relevant features that we will see later if they comply or not.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214542.jpg

Once we see the box open, we find the device fitted into a custom-made hole in a plastic molding. I think that VooPoo could change the plastic for some padding, this would give a more elegant and luxurious touch to the packaging, I won't get tired of saying it.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214608.jpg

Once everything has been taken out of the box and everything important has been organized, this remains. The device with the cartridge and a coil inside, a spare coil and the Type-C cable. Everything we need to start testing this product is here.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240129214618.jpg

What stands out most about this Argus is its very different futuristic aesthetic compared to the Drag S2/X2, which remained more elegant. This has both curves and right angles which gives it an aggressive appearance.

At the top we find a support for a lanyard, finally VooPoo has removed the annoying ring that moved in all directions and has installed the fixed support. If we continue going down we find the fire button, the screen that is 0.96 inches, a switch that will lock the device, the wattage up and down buttons and finally a silicone cap that protects the charging port.

Let's talk about functions;

5 Clicks - Turns ON/OFF the device.
Up and Down simultaneously - Enters the settings screen.
Up and Down - Cycle through settings
Turn the switch - Lock/Unlock all the buttons

Let's talk about modes;
Smart - Adjusts the wattage according to the coil that is inserted in the cartridge
RBA - We will choose to taste between a power of 5W-80W
Turbo - The device will provide approximately 20% more power.

In the settings menu we can reset the puff counter and see information about the device.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214633.jpg

From the side we can see the cylinder shape of the product. Additionally, on the back we have a kind of somewhat soft padding, probably imitation leather. On the back we see that there is an area of the skin that makes an X, I suppose in reference to the new PNP X foundation.

Also from here we see better the lanyard support and the square shapes of the pod-mod.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214639.jpg

The air inlet is at the top of the POD, it is placed this way to avoid condensation and thus give us a more pleasant vaping. It also filters the air very, very well with the two simultaneous inlets, one on each side. The drip tip is not interchangeable, a serious failure in my opinion on the part of VooPoo, but it is understandable.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214706.jpg

As usual, the POD-Battery connection is made using fairly strong magnets, which means that the cartridge does not move at all once connected. Good job VooPoo.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214720.jpg

Here we will fill the liquid, we simply have to open the small silicone flap that is on and put any type of bottle to fill the cartridge with a juicy 5mL of liquid, which I admit, will be used up very quickly at 80W with the 0.15Ω coil.

ReLens_IMG_20240129214800.jpg

The charging port is covered with a small silicone flap that will protect it from any adverse conditions such as water, dust, dirt... Pretty smart on VooPoo's part, I just hope it doesn't break over time.

Vaping Time
Well, the vaping sensation of this product is very similar to that of the Drag S2/X2, not to mention that it provides the same vaping except in Turbo mode. In this mode it is true that steam production and performance in general increases quite a bit. Of course, the battery is going to wear out as fast as a cheetah runs.

In terms of flavor and vapor, this is a full-fledged cloudchaser. The taste is very very good and it holds a lot of liquid with the new PNP X platform.

The feeling in hand is very good, I am a fan of square or rectangular mods/pods but I liked this one a lot.

As for the battery, well, considering that I used it most of the time at 80W, the fact that it lasts more than 100 puffs is a very good record, so I am very grateful to it.

I have to say something very bad about this device that has never happened to me with any other (VooPoo gentlemen, cover your ears but this is an objective review, everything bad will be said as well as the good). When the device reaches a battery charge of 25%, its performance plummets. The truth is that I did not expect it but, it is not that it is an insignificant difference, on the contrary, it is very very notable. I don't know if it's a fault with my specific unit, they'll tell me, but I have to put it as a clear drawback.

Pros And Cons

ProsCons
Futurist And Brilliant DesignPerformance Drops Drastically At 25%
Adopts PNP X Coils And Pod
3000mAh Battery
Comfortable Switch
No Condensation Nor Leaking
Fast Charging

Conclusion

In conclusion, this device has many advantages compared to the disadvantages, it is one of the options you should look at when purchasing a pod-mod.

In terms of flavor, vapor, and design, VooPoo has really outdone itself with this product.

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping and thanks for reading !

VU Sponsors