Become a Patron!

Voopoo Doric Q

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

I could have easily reviewed the Doric Q in one sentence - “it’s cute, cheap, nothing is adjustable and the mouth-piece is nice” but that would be considered by some people to be lazy, so I won’t do that.

Product overview

The Doric Q is a 12w, 800mAh, autodraw, fixed airflow pod system that comes with 2ml pods and is compatible with Voopoo’s ITO range of pods and coils.

DSC02247.jpg

What do you get?
  • Doric Q pod system
  • 1×1.0ohm fixed coil pod.
That’s it. No USB cable, no spare coils.

Initially, this seemed a little stingy – but then I looked around online and found that it’s being sold for under six dollars, which makes the lack of extras far more acceptable.

First impressions

The Doric Q is very much like a mini pod-mod in looks – in function less so. The body of the pod system is in two parts – an inner colored and ridged tube and an outer clear plastic tube – this part of the design works well.

The USB charge port is on one side and the LED indicator is on the other.

The actual pod is a slightly strange design, it looks similar to the original Drag PnP pod, but much smaller and with an elongated mouth piece.

DSC02257.jpg

Pod

Unlike every other pod system I’ve reviewed, the pod is neither magnetically attached or press fit – it screws in. It’s not a case of tightening the pod until it is snug, you just rotate it until it clicks into place – it sounds a little strange but it works perfectly.

The slightly tinted 2ml pod is side-fill with a rubber tab that is easily removed/secured.

The one thing I found unusual and really liked about the pod, is that the mouth piece mimics the shape of an MTL drip-tip and is really comfortable, especially if you’re used to rebuildables with a 510 drip-tip.

DSC02248.jpg

How does it perform?

Firstly, this not what I’d call MTL – sure, the airflow is tight but the mouth-piece is too wide bore for the tight MTL draw you get from something like the Argus P1 – you can get an MTL hit from it, but it’s far more suited to very restricted DL.

The flavor you get from the 1.0ohm pod is decent, and for such a high resistance coil the vapor production is more than I was expecting.

It’s a strange comparison, but it reminded me of something like the Holic RDA or Galaxies RDTA with tiny clapton not quite MTL but a nice flavorsome (very) restricted DL vape.

Coil compatibility

This is where things become a little strange, as the Doric Q is compatible with three different tanks/pods.
  • ITO Pod Cartridge – the 2ml fixed coil pod that comes with the Doric Q, so far I'm only seeing it on pre-order with the 1.0 and 1.2ohm coils.
  • ITO Pod – a removable 2ml pod that is compatible with Voopoo’s ITO 0.5, 0.7, 1.0 and 1.2ohm coils – however, this Doric Q only supports resistance from 0.6ohm, so this rules out of the 0.5ohm coil.
  • ITO-X Pod – a removable 3.5ml pod that is compatible with the same coils as the above ITO pod. Also, it looks much more like a tank than a pod which is always a good thing.
DSC02254.jpg

Conclusion

Of course the Doric Q is not the most feature packed pod system out there – but it’s very cheap and works well. With pod systems this cheap, no one has any excuse for using disposables.

Disclaimer

The Doric Q was provided for the purposes of this review by Voopoo.

DSC02252.jpg

VU Sponsors