Wanting to start a PIF box but not sure how to

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have quite a bit of juice, a few tanks and some starter mods (an Istick 20 and 30) that are just sitting around unused that need a good home. I'm a bit leery of just offering them to someone that might take advantage of free stuff. I got burned a few times on another forum and that just pissed me off that someone just took what I had to offer, never to be seen again on the forum. I'm too generous to a fault sometimes, however, I'd love for this unused stuff to go to someone who would give it a good home and not take advantage of my giving nature.

I tried figuring out how the PIF boxes work here, but the process eludes me. If someone could point me in the right direction and let me know what I need to do to start a box, I would be ever so grateful.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Generally, you have like a feeler thread... this works for that. You set a limit to the number of people that would participate, because they can certainly get out of hand pretty fast. You can stay in charge of it yourself, or even ask for a volunteer to help you moderate the whereabouts, make sure it moves in a timely manner, etc... There have been some REALLY successful pif boxes here.

You can get donations, or you can start the box with what you have, then you would send it to the next person on the list, they take something, put something else in, etc... Some like to get 15-20 people, randomize the list after everyone is committed to whatever guidelines you agree to.

Reading the current, or most recent pif threads will give you a really good idea of how they've succeeded. It's a lot of fun, a good way to get to know people you don't normally run into, and is a great way to help other vapers that might really need a helping hand.

Good luck if you decide to go for it! If nothing else, you could donate your items to a current box, or hang onto them until another does begin.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently in a PIF box myself that is being run by @bondo and @Vapingbeauty. They have done this very well and efficiently.They would be good to talk to.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Also I think it is really awesome what you are doing and welcome to VU

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Generally, you have like a feeler thread... this works for that. You set a limit to the number of people that would participate, because they can certainly get out of hand pretty fast. You can stay in charge of it yourself, or even ask for a volunteer to help you moderate the whereabouts, make sure it moves in a timely manner, etc... There have been some REALLY successful pif boxes here.

You can get donations, or you can start the box with what you have, then you would send it to the next person on the list, they take something, put something else in, etc... Some like to get 15-20 people, randomize the list after everyone is committed to whatever guidelines you agree to.

Reading the current, or most recent pif threads will give you a really good idea of how they've succeeded. It's a lot of fun, a good way to get to know people you don't normally run into, and is a great way to help other vapers that might really need a helping hand.

Good luck if you decide to go for it! If nothing else, you could donate your items to a current box, or hang onto them until another does begin.
I'm currently in a PIF box myself that is being run by @bondo and @Vapingbeauty. They have done this very well and efficiently.They would be good to talk to.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Also I think it is really awesome what you are doing and welcome to VU

Thanks for the input. Once I get all the stuff together and organized, I'll get in touch with someone and get some advice on getting a box started. I'm sure I'd need a little help for my first box.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have quite a bit of juice, a few tanks and some starter mods (an Istick 20 and 30) that are just sitting around unused that need a good home. I'm a bit leery of just offering them to someone that might take advantage of free stuff. I got burned a few times on another forum and that just pissed me off that someone just took what I had to offer, never to be seen again on the forum. I'm too generous to a fault sometimes, however, I'd love for this unused stuff to go to someone who would give it a good home and not take advantage of my giving nature.

I tried figuring out how the PIF boxes work here, but the process eludes me. If someone could point me in the right direction and let me know what I need to do to start a box, I would be ever so grateful.
Me too. But mine is old tech but new and boxed. Happy to give them away for free, with free shipping; but it would not be worth it if someone from over seas has to pay import taxes/duties.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i would like to join in,, about all i can add to the box is a bunch of FA flavors. (all nearly full,,some 30mls others are 4oz) i already piffed my un-needed/wrong purchase hardwares.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got an IPV mini V2 to throw in there. I barely used it. Also some wire i have way too much of and I can throw in some ejuice as well. I want to give some away on PIF without the box though too. Need to go through my stuff this weekend and get rid of a bunch of stuff i don't use. I feel too cluttered lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i would like to join in,, about all i can add to the box is a bunch of FA flavors. (all nearly full,,some 30mls others are 4oz) i already piffed my un-needed/wrong purchase hardwares.
I got an IPV mini V2 to throw in there. I barely used it. Also some wire i have way too much of and I can throw in some ejuice as well. I want to give some away on PIF without the box though too. Need to go through my stuff this weekend and get rid of a bunch of stuff i don't use. I feel too cluttered lol
You two should trade!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You two should trade!
i'm game,, if he is interested. only FA+ OSDIY flavors are avail,,i want to keep all other brands. some of the FA flavors i liked,, so they are closer to 50% full if thats ok, (i wasnt intending to pif them)

edit #1 avail flavor stash,, edit #2 will be estimate mls/oz
the smaller bottles are actually 10mls bottles, for whatever reason,, i was thinking they were 30ml's -sorry
Flavors in stash:
Baked Cinnamon Roll (OSDIY)-25mls
Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)-3oz
Bilberry (FA)-10mls
Blackcurrant (FA)-10mls
Blue Raspberry Slush (OSDIY) 30mls/1oz
Cardamom (FA)-10mls
Catalan Cream (FA)-4oz
Cream Fresh (FA)-3.5oz
Custard (FA)-7mls
FlavourArt Lemon Sicily- removed cause its empty
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)-3oz
Glory (FA)-10mls
Irish Cream (FA)-4oz
Jamaican Rum (FA)-25mls
Joy (FA)-3.5oz
Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA)-8mls
Nonna's Cake (FA)-3oz
Oba Oba (FA)-25mls
Passion (Passionfruit) (FA)=3ml sample
Pineapple (FA) wrong brand listed first time-3oz
Strawberry Milk-OSDIY-30mls
Torrone (FA)-4oz
USA Pleasure (Cola) (FA)-10mls
Vanilla Tahity (FA)-3.5oz
Vienna Cream (FA)-9mls

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh damn. Nice haul.

(FA) Cookie--almost gone
You did it right!! That's one of my top 5 faves and I use it ALL the time. I can see we have similar tastes by your "almost gone" flavors, LOL.

I was teasing about you 2 trading, don't wanna pressure either of ya.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh damn. Nice haul.

You did it right!! That's one of my top 5 faves and I use it ALL the time. I can see we have similar tastes by your "almost gone" flavors, LOL.

I was teasing about you 2 trading, don't wanna pressure either of ya.
thats cool,, i take no offense if he doesn't want to trade.. he may have entirely dif flavor interests.

i should clean up the list to make it more clear to him or anyone or the pif box if i get to join.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i think i should hold off for awhile before trading all of these flavors all at once,, i need to mix a few up again to be sure they simply dont work for me. i am sure i will have quite a few that wont work,, but if i dont try a little harder soon,, i will always regret it.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm going to try and start a thread for this box in a few days. I have a few things to take care of for work, fall semester is fast approaching and I want to be organized for this.

I have quite a bit of e juice and a Nautilus Mini tank to start on my end. I'll post all the details ASAP.

Sneaky71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd like to join,but I'm in the UK. I don't know if that's allright to partake in this or not?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to join,but I'm in the UK. I don't know if that's allright to partake in this or not?
Well an intro in the new members area and a chance for other members to get to know you would be a step in the right direction and looking at the dates of the last post as well:) Welcome to VU Sneaky71:wave:

Sneaky71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well an intro in the new members area and a chance for other members to get to know you would be a step in the right direction and looking at the dates of the last post as well:) Welcome to VU Sneaky71:wave:

Afternoon,and thank you for the reply. :) I will head over to the new members forum as soon as I finish this. Thanks again.:shades:

Lois Bounds Langdon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Me Too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors