nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
First post in this thread was moved to "What NOT To Do" by VU Staff.

No one should be thinking it's a good idea to try to vape household items that are obviously not intended or suited for vaping.

Anything anyone might decide to do along these lines, understand that you do it at your own risk.

EmptyBottles

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, we do make a disclaimer in the video and also it is more in terms of the types of wicks (ie. sponge, tissue, paper towel) than vaping Windex

EmptyBottles

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I am working on a series making wicks out of the weirdest household or unconventional items. If there is anything that you would think that might work, could work, or that you would like to see. Let me now below!

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah, we do make a disclaimer in the video and also it is more in terms of the types of wicks (ie. sponge, tissue, paper towel) than vaping Windex
All the items used as wicking in that video are treated with chemicals that NOONE should be inhaling. Vaping is under enough scrutiny without encouraging people to try stupid shit like this!

EmptyBottles

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
All the items used as wicking in that video are treated with chemicals that NOONE should be inhaling. Vaping is under enough scrutiny without encouraging people to try stupid shit like this!

This whole series is more entertainment than actual advice on what you should use as a wick. Many people do use alternative wicks in a pinch as well, whether advised to or not

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This whole series is more entertainment than actual advice on what you should use as a wick. Many people do use alternative wicks in a pinch as well, whether advised to or not
It's not safe, it's certainly not smart, and it's the last thing we want our new vapers learning!

EmptyBottles

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's not safe, it's certainly not smart, and it's the last thing we want our new vapers learning!

While I may agree, I still hold to the idea that it is vastly safer to soothe someone’s curiosity in a controlled setting rather than have them try it themselves

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That really dumbass shit, and putting it on youtube to give someone who knows no better a idea to try it, is really irresponsible.

Let me guess, you tired the tide pod challenge too, because this comes as long as stupid as that sort of thing.

People like you, do us vapors no favors, just playing into the hands of those who want to stop vaping.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The media finds it entertaining that someone had a battery vent in their pants pocket. Turns out the fellow was totally unsafe in battery handling. He put a loose battery in his pocket with keys, bolts, washers.

Do you think the media explained battery safety? It would have taken thirty seconds or less to explain to put batteries in proper carrying containers. The media didn't bother. Instead they bemoaned the scariness of batteries prone to just randomly vent, blow up, catch fire. They never touched on the fact the man was acting stupid. No, it was too entertaining to bitch about something falsely classed as frightening.

Yes, I understand the humor in in presenting different things to use as wicks. I also understand too there's a line between entertainment and exploration. What you're presenting is exploiting people's fears, stupidity. From my point of view it makes as culpable as them if not more so. Why not take the thirty seconds main stream media wouldn't and instead of exploiting you provide educational safety tips? Is that too easy? Not entertaining? Maybe you can make it entertaining? Ah then your argument lies in that is what you're trying to do.

That may be the case indeed. I'm not you nor privy to your intentions. Can only express what it seems to my point of view. Yes, I know of the eight blind men describing an elephant based on touching different parts of it. Perhaps you should as well and give your attempt more consideration, reflection? I don't know ultimately nor can I tell anyone what to do. I don't prefer others telling me what to do, so yeah, I avoid doing the same. I think though, there's better use of time and effort. Excuse me.

VU Sponsors