What are some odd traits about you?

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So... tell me about this Noranj?
Surely your "research" is ongoing.
I did say my facts were obscure.
Google need not be your only resource.
Go forth my zetetic friend, find the truth.;)

And don't forget, it rhymes with orange.

Last edited:

Coyote628

ECF Refugee
I’m curious to see what makes you different from the “average” person.

What trait do you have that most don’t?
What can you do that most people can’t?
What’s something you think stands out about you?

For example:

I have two different colored eyes. My left eye is blue and my right eye is green. I have an extra bone in both my feet (they were supposed to get removed when I was a kid because they were scrapping against my other bones and causing erosion but my “mom” decided to get drunk instead of taking me to my surgery appointment and nothing else was ever done about it, they don’t hurt anymore). I can still walk on my knees if I want. I can paint. I can draw.

I’ll think of more to add.

Ive been called a fountain of useless knowledge. Ive been called " fuck you" more than once.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any of you have your connective tissue for the ribs separated? Ever have it squeeze out in between the ribs? That is a special kind of pain.
Yes sir it is a special kind of pain. Blew mine out holding on to a --. I really should have let it go. Add a chronic smokers cough and good times. The treatment was pleasant though, strong opiates taken frequently for about a month. Now enters the joy of withdrawal. Yes good times.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so um right my odd traits:

I like to group bands I like by countries they're from

I want to find a metal band I like from every country in Europe

when people tell me they like all kinds of music, I ask them to recommend me some of their favorite polka and flamenco artists

I learned that when people say they like all kinds of music they really mean they like anything that's on the radio

my favorite wild mammal right now is the stoat

mustela_erminea_ee6229.jpg

4058.jpg

I call them slinky foxes or weenie cats

I also call praying mantises "karate crickets"

I have a 5 year old, and I appreciate the cheesiest jokes ever invented, like
Q: What's brown and sticky?
A: a stick!

Also I like to make up jokes that are too nerdy for other people, like

Why couldn't the Borg clean their ears after Picard left them?

Because they were out of Locu-tips

What does a Klingon say when he falls down?

"K'plahp!"

Last edited:

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No friend, that was sarcasm. Not trying to be an asshole, just giving you shit for not backing your claim. :D
You're right, and thanks :)

So, in the spirit of not being an asshole, I went back and checked my source and it appears that your both right I can't even find the reference I remember clearly. So I think that means I was wrong but I'll take some time to fully explore that one.lol.

Zephyr, one of your jokes was just on my level, lol, sticky!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I only cut my hair every year or two, after it's over a yard long

I wear mostly mens clothing - I am technically a cross dresser but nobody has called me on it yet. According to Deuteronomy, I would be stoned (I wish, ha jk)

I sleep with stuffed animals (toys, not taxidermied)

someone one-up me!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I wear mostly mens clothing - I am technically a cross dresser but nobody has called me on it yet. According to Deuteronomy, I would be stoned (I wish, ha jk)

someone one-up me!
I only cut my hair like a couple times a year. I sleep with stuffed animals too.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

someone one-up me!
I'm still trying to find where you're odd. Unique maybe. What is odd anyway? We're humans. We are all individually fucked up in different ways.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm still trying to find where you're odd. Unique maybe. What is odd anyway? We're humans. We are all individually fucked up in different ways.
I guess my odd traits title came from the fact I have two different colored eyes and two ankle bones in both my feet. I thought of them as odd.

but everyone that has posted here is exactly what you say, just unique.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I guess my odd traits title came from the fact I have two different colored eyes and two ankle bones in both my feet. I thought of them as odd.

but everyone that has posted here is exactly what you say, just unique.

My eyes were two different colors when I was a kid. One blue, one gray. They're much closer to the same color now, and oddly enough, I don't remember when they changed!

So since we're talking about oddness, I'll just ask: do most people hear music in their heads almost all the time? Michael Stipe needs to hush for a few days.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My eyes were two different colors when I was a kid. One blue, one gray. They're much closer to the same color now, and oddly enough, I don't remember when they changed!

So since we're talking about oddness, I'll just ask: do most people hear music in their heads almost all the time? Michael Stipe needs to hush for a few days.
Omg I do all the time!!and it depends on what mood I’m in for what kind of music plays

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Did you say he needs to.... crush for a few days?

I wake up with a song in my head nearly every day, usually songs I've listened to on repeat lately or have heard a bajillion times and still like, so it doesnt bother me

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you say he needs to.... crush for a few days?

I wake up with a song in my head nearly every day, usually songs I've listened to on repeat lately or have heard a bajillion times and still like, so it doesnt bother me

It only starts to bother me when it goes on for days and days, same song. Man on the Moon, since about Tuesday. At this point, driving me nuts. o_O

I heard on YT in an interview with Stipe, he said he wrote that song as basically a competition with Kurt Cobain, who had just written a song with a whole bunch of "yeah yeah yeahs" in it. Stipe wanted to write a song with more yeahs in it. :)

First world problems, eh? lol

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It only starts to bother me when it goes on for days and days, same song. Man on the Moon, since about Tuesday. At this point, driving me nuts. o_O

I heard on YT in an interview with Stipe, he said he wrote that song as basically a competition with Kurt Cobain, who had just written a song with a whole bunch of "yeah yeah yeahs" in it. Stipe wanted to write a song with more yeahs in it. :)

First world problems, eh? lol

That one is catchy as hell, it's trying to lodge itself in my head as we speak. Have you tried flooding your ears with a different song over and over to wash it out?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When I read posts in the forum, its like I have a voice in my head, reading it. All females have different voices, guys, too.

That's actually very inventive. I know that words have form in my head as I read, but it always "sounds" pretty much the same, unless I'm reading something that's indicated somehow as exclamatory or funny or intimidating.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That one is catchy as hell, it's trying to lodge itself in my head as we speak. Have you tried flooding your ears with a different song over and over to wash it out?

I have not tried that, but I definitely will. Thanks for the suggestion!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I turned my car stereo off in 1995 for a 2 week challenge to hear your own thoughts..never turned it back on unless it's a road trip with my husband.. If I'm traveling alone it's in silence

Later my 125watt Yamaha home stereo moved to the garage and I never spent $2000 on a car stereo again

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I turned my car stereo off in 1995 for a 2 week challenge to hear your own thoughts..never turned it back on unless it's a road trip with my husband.. If I'm traveling alone it's in silence

Later my 125watt Yamaha home stereo moved to the garage and I never spent $2000 on a car stereo again
I haven't listened to the radio in my car in 15 years, I think. Driving city streets, the silence doesn't exist, but those lonnnng drives. I really love that.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have to play music while I drive. There’s only been a couple times where I wanted pure silence. And if I don’t know where I’m going the volume level is set so low you can barely hear it so I can “see” where I’m going! :teehee:

VU Sponsors