Become a Patron!

What are the flavorings used in the production of premium liquids?

Not all use is not possible, I understand there is a recipe and everything, but here's the problem, I took some and they are not disclosed and after 2 weeks, which is the crap, took the best taste the same no matter, TFA and CA some of the best, but they do not give taste like premium liquids.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sweeteners (different) are the common factor. That and quality bases.

The only thing I notice in most premium juices, is how sweet they are. I have tried very few premium juices that taste as good as what I mix. So I'm with @MrScaryZ on this one. Once you dive into DIY, you realize even premium juices aren't premium.

But taste is very subjective.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not all use is not possible, I understand there is a recipe and everything, but here's the problem, I took some and they are not disclosed and after 2 weeks, which is the crap, took the best taste the same no matter, TFA and CA some of the best, but they do not give taste like premium liquids.

To give you an idea of how BAD mixing can be. I mixed a recipe that had over 100 five star ratings. Followed it exactly.

It tasted like complete crap. Until I adjusted the percentages and used flavor brands that I found more acceptable to my palate.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok since these guys refuse to tell you the big secret of how premium juices taste so premium I will let you in on the big secret.

Besides the sweetners you need to balance everything. All premium juices use lFavour Art Bread crust to balance out their flavors and make them taste so good. Add .5% to 2% fa bread crust and our juices will taste more like the premiums if not better

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ok since these guys refuse to tell you the big secret of how premium juices taste so premium I will let you in on the big secret.

Besides the sweetners you need to balance everything. All premium juices use lFavour Art Bread crust to balance out their flavors and make them taste so good. Add .5% to 2% fa bread crust and our juices will taste more like the premiums if not better
image.jpg

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

High quality nic, PG and VG, not Chinese nic, Walmart PG and Tractor Supply VG. They have also done extensive testing and refining before they release e-liquids...

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sweeteners (different) are the common factor. That and quality bases.

The only thing I notice in most premium juices, is how sweet they are. I have tried very few premium juices that taste as good as what I mix. So I'm with @MrScaryZ on this one. Once you dive into DIY, you realize even premium juices aren't premium.

But taste is very subjective.

I agree with you about the sweetness of premium juices. On the other hand, I've had mixed results with my diy.
Granted that taste is subjective as you correctly pointed out, have you posted your mix recipes anywhere for us to try?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree with you about the sweetness of premium juices. On the other hand, I've had mixed results with my diy.
Granted that taste is subjective as you correctly pointed out, have you posted your mix recipes anywhere for us to try?

One, which needs revision. I've since tweaked it a bit. Added two flavors, removed one, lowered the % on one, and bumped one up.

While the original was okay to start, it leans heavy on the tart side, it still needed work. They all need work, I'm always tinkering. ;) I'm not a fan of sweet juices. So I generally tweak them some more, for family.

Lesson learned there, wait until you believe it to be 100% if you post in a public forum.

Edit: You're always going to have mixed results. But once you get a recipe nailed, you can mix in quanity. Or in small batches, as often as you like.

While we all have access to the same products. We don't all share the same taste buds.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes you can nail down what a premium juice maker uses for flavorings just by smelling. I now know 2 ingredients Perfect Cloudz uses in there now discontinued Whip it, TFA Whipped Cream and TFA Strawberry (not ripe) it is close but I feel like I am missing 1 or 2 other ingredients but the SB and WC are spot on.

I was also able to nail down Ruthless EZ Duz it's 2 main ingredients, Cap Sweet Watermelon and Sweet SB. I think a little sweetener is needed but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I can smell the Cap Cake Batter in both SB OB and mother's milk so my guess is the rest are Cap as well. Actually Maiden's Milk which is posted over at e-liq recipes: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/277278/Maiden%27s+Milk uses all Cap ingredients and it is the closest I have tasted to a MM clone. I have a bottle of MM and will compare them when my large bottle has had more time to steep. Just smelling both the clone smells like it has a little more strawberry but regardless maiden's milk is an excellent diy recipe, I polished off my 15 ml sample and mixed 60 ml.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

jlw917

Member For 4 Years
Ive been mixing for a while now and all you need is the right mix thats all puffpuffpass is 100%right

jlw917

Member For 4 Years
And also dont vape for a day let your senses reset before you make juice and try your new mix this helped me alot cause i chain vape

VU Sponsors