Become a Patron!

What are you stocking up on due to regulations?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Seems like everyone here is stocking up like crazy! Do we really think all this stuff isn't going to be available even if the ban does go through? MFS will still have their deal on NIC and there's always FT. I just feel there's always going to be another way.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that it will be more expensive and it may be harder to locate stuff each of us specifically loves.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey...we have 2 years right?...so maybe we need to take a deep breath before we start hoarding canned goods.

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
England has accepted vaping their royal college endorsed it as well as their NHS..it is only a matter of time before they discredit the idiotic and corrupt policies of the US and the FDA will be forced to accept reality.when England shows the benifits of vaping.
The only thing that stopped Prohibition was a complete breakdown of L&O..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what stopped Prohibition was that it was a stupid idea in the first place...and so is this prohibition.

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems like everyone here is stocking up like crazy! Do we really think all this stuff isn't going to be available even if the ban does go through? MFS will still have their deal on NIC and there's always FT. I just feel there's always going to be another way.

Thoughts?
2 months ago i got an email from MFS,, no longer carrying Sony batteries, Sony had disclaimed any liability due to improper use of batteries,, sic VAPING..

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what stopped Prohibition was that it was a stupid idea in the first place...and so is this prohibition.
I agree yet the majority of the population imbibed.
Vaping, miniscule. This ban will not be appealed nor rolled back..

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2 months ago i got an email from MFS,, no longer carrying Sony batteries, Sony had disclaimed any liability due to improper use of batteries,, sic VAPING..
Theres many other batteries we can use

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
batteries are the last thing I'm worried about getting...they'll be around and easy to get....this is all about taking the industry out of the hands of the individual modders and vendors and giving it to the chinese and the corporations to off shore the industry...we'll be able to get batteries they'll just be made in China or mexico ....

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
batteries are the last thing I'm worried about getting...they'll be around and easy to get....this is all about taking the industry out of the hands of the individual modders and vendors and giving it to the chinese and the corporations to off shore the industry...we'll be able to get batteries they'll just be made in China or mexico ....
Kaboom..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where do you think they are made now? China has huge deposits of rare eath elements including lithium. Over 95% of batteries are made in China.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost sold all these, they may just come in handy after all
IMG_20160328_0940459671_zpseyladxmm.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I almost sold all these, they may just come in handy after all
IMG_20160328_0940459671_zpseyladxmm.jpg

Funny, earlier this week I was considering PIFing my vast stash of Kanger aerotanks and coils but have also decided to keep `em stashed.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry but I need some clear direction here. When is this Ban supposed to take effect? Meaning when is the latest time I would need to stock up, if that really in fact going to be necessary. I dont want to stock up now, I think its a bit early.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of people are asking the same .....I'm hoping some one gets on and deciphers through the paperwork/docs and gives details

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just saw on the news that several vendors in Okla just had a big, long, conference call about this whole thing. No details yet, though. Hopefully a vendor will chime in with any details that they can share.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I hear alot of talk that they will have trouble outlawing nic base, but they may tax it to death.... well I guess we now need to start threads about the best and safest way to DIY your own mods from easilly available stock parts.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is fucking out -fucking -rageous when you think about it....here we have a technology that has been around for near a deacade and the benifits are clear and self evident...vaping has ALREADY proven it's value to the health of the general public, and because of greed ...on the grounds of half baked non science and a miniscule number of inbreds blowing their mods up the corporations are going to jusify stealing an entire industry and handing it over to their buddies here and in China.....this has happened to dozens of American industries using regulations to destroy them and hand their control over to political buddies and campagin donors here and abroad.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That already exists
well we are going to need more...I'd like to see more simple designs for tube mech mods that can be built from parts available at a good hardware store. that will give good saftey and low voltage drop.....shit...this sucks....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I know ...when I first started vaping..making mech mods was pretty popular...this was before there were a whole lot of modders around and you had few choices...I remember people making them out of copper tubing,brass pipes, even Altoid tins for mints, flashlight mods were popular for awhile...but that shit went outta of vouge pretty quick..

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's real folks, and it's happening. Don't bury your head in the sand. This time, the sky really is falling. In 88 days from now, unless a mod ,tank, coil, etc.. is FDA approved, it can and most likely will be confiscated at customs. 24 months is the time retailers have to liquidate their stock and cannot order more unless the item is an FDA approved tobacco product. Unless a Federal Judge grants an injuction, which most likely wont happen, or a bill passes in congress, better find a cigalike and a flavor cartridge you can tolerate.... Focus on stocking up on items you know will (could) be outlawed: ejuice, nic, premade coils, mech/regulated mods, rda/rtas, etc...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yoi can extract your own nic and itll be flavorless

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's real folks, and it's happening. Don't bury your head in the sand. This time, the sky really is falling. In 88 days from now, unless a mod ,tank, coil, etc.. is FDA approved, it can and most likely will be confiscated at customs. 24 months is the time retailers have to liquidate their stock and cannot order more unless the item is an FDA approved tobacco product. Unless a Federal Judge grants an injuction, which most likely wont happen, or a bill passes in congress, better find a cigalike and a flavor cartridge you can tolerate.... Focus on stocking up on items you know will (could) be outlawed: ejuice, nic, premade coils, mech/regulated mods, rda/rtas, etc...

Why do you think after 88 days items will be confiscated by customs?

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
dude, its not the days of glenn beck vaping just yet.
they have 24 months to comply with the new ruling.. additionally during that time changes are possible and loopholes will be discovered. its way past time to fight, but its not time to order dry storage food and cans of water just yet.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw on the news that several vendors in Okla just had a big, long, conference call about this whole thing. No details yet, though. Hopefully a vendor will chime in with any details that they can share.
This was posted by a vendor today>>
KnurledNut

The regulations go into effect in 90 days, but manufacturers will have 2 years to get their products approved. While getting devices approved isn't as numerous as e-liquids, it will be a daunting task. Through the review process, manufacturers would be required to submit separate applications for every e-cigarette, different flavor, and nicotine level.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you think after 88 days items will be confiscated by customs?
You know Amanda, I caught the tail end of an interview on a local radio station, and I thought I heard the gentleman being interviewed say that imported vaping products are on the Feds radar and were a priority. Unless I'm really confused (possible...) , sometime in August, imported items not FDA approved could/would not be able to enter the U.S. Hopefully it is 24 months, but I'll do some more research. I just hope people will be proactive, and carefully begin to stock up on certain items and don't be caught off guard by inventory shortages and price gouging, or worse, outright banned.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know Amanda, I caught the tail end of an interview on a local radio station, and I thought I heard the gentleman being interviewed say that imported vaping products are on the Feds radar and were a priority. Unless I'm really confused (possible...) , sometime in August, imported items not FDA approved could/would not be able to enter the U.S. Hopefully it is 24 months, but I'll do some more research. I just hope people will be proactive, and carefully begin to stock up on certain items and don't be caught off guard by inventory shortages and price gouging, or worse, outright banned.
do research and by all means, ask as many questions as you can. But, I personally think of it this way: vaping is a multi billion dollar industry at the moment. It is slowly replacing the cigarette industry. That is a lot of money out of the governments pocket. They are more less looking to keep or replace that money.
Banning it is not there endgame, taxing the piss out of it, is more than likely the motivation.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The tax thing pisses me off almost as much. I mean, they don't tax pipes and rolling papers et al outside of regular sales tax. Why a mod or atty?

My state was trying to institute a 100 percent tax on the wholesale price of anything and everything vape related - not just juice or whatever. There goes the significant savings many people who act moderately enjoy.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
100% of VU members need to join and support casaa.org. They are studying the regulations and will be coming out with calls to action soon. We need to be unified and speak with one voice.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, here at work, the gravity of the situation really hit me.

Im not worried about myself really. Ive got a dozen mods, 2 dozen tanks and rdas, hundreds of bottles of juice, and plans to stock up on some nic and more attys/mods in the coming weeks. Ill be just fine, no problem.

But, here at work, theres about a dozen to 2 dozen vapers that are in it just as a cigarette replacement, who know fuck all about building, about DIY juice, about anything but their B&M bought starter kits and juice. I was just talking to one, and he had next to no idea about the FDA thing and whatnot. Those are the dudes that are gonna be fucked. We are all in the know, we are already hoarders, already well stocked, already have a heads up. The random guy not in the know is gonna be fucked when they go to the local shop for a bottle of juice and find out they cant buy one, and since they dont have a stash, they are either gonna A) Quit vaping and just move on with life or B) Fiend out for nicotine and run back to cigarettes. Id put my money on the majority going route B...guess thats the whole point of this though.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Im not worried about myself really. Ive got a dozen mods, 2 dozen tanks and rdas, hundreds of bottles of juice, and plans to stock up on some nic and more attys/mods in the coming weeks. Ill be just fine, no problem.

But, here at work, theres about a dozen to 2 dozen vapers that are in it just as a cigarette replacement, who know fuck all about building, about DIY juice, about anything but their B&M bought starter kits and juice. I was just talking to one, and he had next to no idea about the FDA thing and whatnot. Those are the dudes that are gonna be fucked. We are all in the know, we are already hoarders, already well stocked, already have a heads up. The random guy not in the know is gonna be fucked when they go to the local shop for a bottle of juice and find out they cant buy one, and since they dont have a stash, they are either gonna A) Quit vaping and just move on with life or B) Fiend out for nicotine and run back to cigarettes. Id put my money on the majority going route B...guess thats the whole point of this though.

I think that is their point. They want us to return to smoking.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

that right there is the EXACT REASON we have to band together. not for us, for them.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's pretty much what I put in my letter to my senators too, im bummed sure, but I'll be prepared for years to come, certainly long enough to ween off if I want or this ban is changed. It's the people who buy coils, tanks ect and depend on their b&m that are going to be the ones that are FORCED to go back to smoking or snuff. There are people that truly can't give up their nicotine addictions and this ban in its own way is condemning them.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's pretty much what I put in my letter to my senators too, im bummed sure, but I'll be prepared for years to come, certainly long enough to ween off if I want or this ban is changed. It's the people who buy coils, tanks ect and depend on their b&m that are going to be the ones that are FORCED to go back to smoking or snuff. There are people that truly can't give up their nicotine addictions and this ban in its own way is condemning them.
Imma be fucked if I cant make or get juice after 6 months...Im learning to cut down though

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much do you vape through? I'm pretty solid at 10-20ml a day but I can easily cut down to like 5-10 with some self control and less intense builds

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy hell man I couldn't even do that if I tried. You'll have fridges full of juice and it still won't be enough to last you more than a couple months

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Holy hell man I couldn't even do that if I tried. You'll have fridges full of juice and it still won't be enough to last you more than a couple months
This is why I order bulk from VVV...good thing I enjoy it huh?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea because your basically drinking it haha. You may wanna start spiking it to get more mileage or something.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not stocking up at all. I was done long ago. Got a display down at vape store of about 20 mods both regulated and mechanicals and likely 30 or 40 tanks. Have just as many but better stuff here at the house. Nicotine in the freezer. Can buy PG at the local farm supply as cattle use it, PG can be had a the bulk food store if it becomes a must. Got 400 to 500 stock coils I have rebuilt plus all my rebuildable tanks. I have no worries. With the nicotine in the freezer I will slowly wean down to zero over time anyways. Then I will just quit which was always the end goal anyways. Smoked for 42 years so I still have 37 years to get to zero nicotine. ;) CHEERS!

:idea:I am a hunter and have got things in the mail that I should not have. They can not stop everything. :D

CHEERS!
i have meandered to 1mg nic from 24mg,,most of this week has been 0 nic as i concentrate on flavors.......that has been a bigger battle than the smoking to vaping transition........ugh!!!!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have meandered to 1mg nic from 24mg,,most of this week has been 0 nic as i concentrate on flavors.......that has been a bigger battle than the smoking to vaping transition........ugh!!!!
Wow! Congrats!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! Congrats!
thanks,, i was 2 packs a day for 35 years,, i never intended to quit smoking cuz i liked smoking as i spent most of my brain cells in deep thought or concentrating on any given project. i am an odd duck,, i turned off the car stereo in 1995 on a challenge to 'hear your own thoughts'.....it stayed off and is pretty much always off unless my husband is in the car....(i do love music,, but i liked my own self developing thoughts more)

VU Sponsors