Become a Patron!

what difference between e-cigarette and vape pen

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
E-cigarette is a very broad generalization and might include vape pens, mechanical mod, Juul, Blu, Vuze.

Vape Pen on the other hand refers to a specific type and style of vaping gear.

oMTOgr4S5BciVSci.standard

The picture above illustrates the basic concept of a vape pen. HTH.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
...and you're a vendor?
My thoughts exactly.
It's funny how many of the ANTZ trolls are unlisted vendors. Since this one posted such a ridiculous question, I think we found another one.
Trusting as I am & frankly too frazzled, gave benefit of doubt when responding.

*Wheels out monkey manure trebuchet, scoops a big steaming load into the pouch, looses unto @jsbvape*

Not apologizing, nor do I think that too harsh. Have a merry.

“Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend” ― Albert Camus

Last edited:
From what i know it is that e-cigarettes are e-cigarettes overall, but vape is just one type of e-cigarette. I hope i explained well. I have tried to figure out this difference and what i have mentioned above is my assumption. Overall i have tried a lot of vape and e-cigarettes and for me SMOKO E-Cigarette Cigalike Starter Kit will be the best choice by far. But i stay opened for new things for sure

Edited by a moderator- removed spam link.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The difference is stylistic & subjective. Both a vape pen and e-cigarette will vape, or atomize e-juice to vapor. A vape pen is a style similar to a kit pictured below.

Category_Banner_-_Vape_Pen_Kits.jpg

E-cigarettes tend to be styled to appear more like king-sized tobacco / analog cigarettes. An image is below.

There is no objectively real difference between the two. Both atomize e-juice into vapor. Your choice of use comes down to your choice of style and your subjectivity. Others have come away from these two basic types of vaporizers and gone to mods.

Again, these conform to style & subjectivity, the basic use and functionalities being very much the same, if not exactly so. Vaporizers preform the task of heating e-juice until it atomizes and becomes vapor.

E-cigarettes, vape pens, mods are all considered vaporizers. When one vapes, one is using the vapor the devices produce. Vape is a verb and noun, one might call their vaping kit their vape, which they use to vape on.

Hopefully, this has helped somewhat. Links included are informational. I do not sell for, endorse any company. My linking back is simply courtesy for using the images. The images were chosen from a random search for generic terms.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heh, im still trying ro decide if the OP was a non-english speaker or a genZ college grad. 🤪

And here's me of generation X. We're a generation that is very much akin to Hemingway's. He said of his generation, they were "lost". Think of our generation are lost similar to his generation. The year after I was born, The Vietnam War was allegedly "officially" finished. The war still is not done.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK... another waste of my time... even reading these are a waste of my time... Thanks OP for that.
I keep trying to give some people a chance... see if they are even (just stop right there... I',n not even going to try anymore (seems to be a waste of my time and energy) I'm just going to quote my manager from years ago "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya"...

VU Sponsors