Become a Patron!

What do when I want to change juice.

Can I just add in the new juice (diff from old one), or do I need to add in a new coil everytime.

Also, how long does a coil last on average (assuming not chain vaping). And how would I know if I need to change the coil.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can mix the juice in the old one, sure, or just dump the little bit that's in there. Totally up to you. Some juice flavors mix well together.

Coil life can vary. Some can last a week, while others maybe 2. You'll know when the flavor starts tasting burnt or muddled, that it might be time to change the coil.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
technically you should change the coil/s and clean the tank. but as long as the coil/s are clean enough, you can "just" change the juice.
sometimes you will get a nice original flavor. other times you will tell the new juice is in there, all the while tasting some form of the old juice.

the lower the wattage you vape at, the longer to coil/s will last.

LOTS of variables in this hobby.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can I just add in the new juice (diff from old one), or do I need to add in a new coil everytime.

Also, how long does a coil last on average (assuming not chain vaping). And how would I know if I need to change the coil.
You can just fill it up with a different flavor if you want. Sometimes the old flavors hangs around in your wicking though. So switching it up is up to you. I used to change flavors so often that my coils would turn into a jumbled up mess. Now I use different atomizers for different flavors. I'll switch flavors maybe once if at all before rewicking or changing the coil.

I can't say an average for coil life. Some coils last longer than others. Mesh seem to last longer than wire coils. But some coils are just junk and burn out quick. I think it's safe to say, sweeteners in liquid will mess up your coil faster than liquid without it. Also pushing the wattage higher will kill a coil faster than at a lower setting.

VU Sponsors