Become a Patron!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds I'm getting flavor fade just from vaping it. It's a bummer that I can't add more without irritating my throat and lungs. I find this flavoring rather bizarre. I still have the White Peach to try. Also I have Blackberry and Vanilla coming.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I am a chicken now to try these - but it is awesome that HIC and others are. :) I may get braver on down the road - you never know. ;)

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
for me working with something this concentrated would be a PITA, think I'll stick with FA, TFA, CAP, etc...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
for me working with something this concentrated would be a PITA, think I'll stick with FA, TFA, CAP, etc...

If you make a 10% dilution first, it's more like working with TFA or Capella. Instead of twiddling with 1.25% or 1.5%, you'd use 12%-15%, which is much easier to measure and fine-tune. I use 10% dilutions of a couple FlavourArt and TFA flavors for the same reason (FA Honey and TFA Holiday Spice, for example, are every bit as strong as the Lotus flavors I've posted about so far).

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The strongest flavorings I've worked with are the Inawera Concentrated line. Most work for me at .75%. They need a long steep if using heavy VG. Shake N' Vape with higher pg.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lotus Vanilla
I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This one is a pastel yellowish color.

standalone flavor:
Smooth, lightly sweet vanilla-butter with an undertone I’ll call coconut oil. This is not a vanilla extract type flavor. I taste more sweet butter and coconut oil than cream or milk, and there’s nothing eggy here -- it’s not custardy. BUT if you like Capella “v1” Vanilla Custard, and it tastes vanilla to you, you will likely enjoy Lotus Vanilla. They’re quite different flavors, but I think they’ll appeal to the same group of vapers, and you’ll need only 1/5 to 1/10 as much Lotus Vanilla to get similar flavor strength. The coconut-oil undertone I taste here is much like I described tasting in Lotus Almond, really reminds me of unrefined coconut oil.

finding standalone percentage:
At 0.5% I tasted more buttery-coconut-oil than I did vanilla, and I would not have identified this flavoring as "vanilla" without reading the label. At 0.75% vanilla was more apparent, and I tasted the full spectrum of flavors. I went from 0.75% to 1.5% sensing no change in flavor other than overall strength. I think Capella v1 Vanilla Custard fans who use 10%+ of that flavoring will like Lotus Vanilla as high as 2%. (10% Capella and more than 1.5% Lotus are both just too harsh for me.) I didn’t taste any drastic flavor changes over a few days of steeping.

mixing with it:
Because this has as much buttery-coconutty flavor as it does vanilla, especially in the amounts you’d use in a recipe, I think it’s best-suited to bakery type recipes. In my opinion, Lotus Vanilla is a little too “heavy”/buttery to taste great with fresh fruit flavors. 0.5% Lotus Vanilla with 2.5% FA Cookie tastes like traditional butter cookies made with coconut oil in place of half the butter. If you like buttery vapes, that simple recipe is a good one to try first. Capella fans will surely want to try a little Lotus Vanilla in their custard creations.

disclaimers:
I can't find any test results or manufacturer's claims regarding diacetyl, other diketones, or any other ingredients in Lotus flavorings.
If you must or choose to avoid diketones, I suggest waiting on Lotus Vanilla until/unless test results become available.
I didn't pay for these Lotus flavorings (thanks to @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) ).

One more to go. Spoiler alert: it’s Blueberry, and it’s most definitely a super-concentrated flavoring.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
blueberry and fresh cream is one of my adv's, I'm curious now. I wonder how it compares to FW, which is my fav.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds If the Blueberry is as potent as the Blackberry. You might want to start at 1 drop. The Blackberry is a keeper for sure. Tastes exactly like a fresh blackberry. The tartness is splendid. Mixing it with the Vanilla should make a nice vape.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds If the Blueberry is as potent as the Blackberry. You might want to start at 1 drop. The Blackberry is a keeper for sure. Tastes exactly like a fresh blackberry. The tartness is splendid. Mixing it with the Vanilla should make a nice vape.

I always start with 1 drop, just a question of how much base. I'm still messing with Blueberry, usually around 0.25%, but I don't have Blackberry to compare. I think yours has the tart and mine has the sweet - I'll bet all their berry flavors go fine together, too.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always start with 1 drop, just a question of how much base. I'm still messing with Blueberry, usually around 0.25%, but I don't have Blackberry to compare. I think yours has the tart and mine has the sweet - I'll bet all their berry flavors go fine together, too.
I always make my bases at 10mls. That does sound like a winner. I was sent a free small sample of Passion Fruit. Going to try that one tomorrow. I ordered these flavorings directly from Medicine Flower. The Strawberry and White Peach was a gift from a friend. Damn I wish the Strawberry was a winner for me. I don't understand the harshness I'm getting.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The Strawberry and White Peach was a gift from a friend. Damn I wish the Strawberry was a winner for me. I don't understand the harshness I'm getting.

Have you noticed whether shaking/not shaking these before use makes any difference? Since they're not diluted maybe it's not vital, but the habit is so ingrained I haven't tried skipping that step.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you noticed whether shaking/not shaking these before use makes any difference? Since they're not diluted maybe it's not vital, but the habit is so ingrained I haven't tried skipping that step.
I find myself always shaking food sauces now as well. Heck, I catch myself shaking aftershave.:D

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man, I'll try anything at this point. Thanks for the tip.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lotus Blueberry (I posted a review at ecx days ago, but it still hasn't shown up, so I'll just post with extra detail here.)
I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This is basically a colorless flavoring.

Warning: a whiff of this flavor bottle will curl your eyebrows. It's not a pleasant scent from the bottle, so just skip smelling the raw flavoring.
I first mixed this at 0.5%, and I liked it enough to vape it a couple of hours like that. But then it took a while to recover my sense of taste, which told me 0.5% was tooo much for me. I vaped 0.25% the next day, which gave me a little milder but still full flavor - and I could still taste other stuff afterwards, always a good thing. I tried 0.125% out of curiosity, but that was definitely washed-out, not enough. All sat about a week, and all gained a little strength over that time. The 0.5% is now obnoxiously strong; 0.25% is perfect for me. This one's easier to work with if you make a 10% dilution. Be sure to shake the heck out of your mix. Time didn't change the flavor itself enough for me to notice - just the strength.

standalone flavor:
Blueberry tastes a little more jammy than fresh, like a compote made with American blueberries. It's not quite sweet enough for jam, but it just takes a little nudge to push it that direction. Actual fresh berries often have skin that's a little bitter or tart - this flavoring focuses more on the sweet part. :) I taste no weird flavor notes that don't belong.

mixing with it:
If you have a favorite cheesecake flavor, add 0.25% of this Blueberry, let it sit a few days, and you'll understand what I mean by "compote" and "jammy" flavor. I think it's perfect for cheesecake topping. The sweeter your cheesecake flavoring, the better.
The only other Lotus berry flavor I have is Strawberry. I needed several times more Strawberry to taste it with Blueberry, confirming to me that Blueberry is a super-strong flavoring. But the two go very well together. I'm tempted to get more Lotus berry flavors, since I really like the two I have. @Jimi D - how did Blackberry age for you?

disclaimers:
I can't find any test results or manufacturer's claims regarding diacetyl, other diketones, or any other ingredients in Lotus flavorings.
If you must or choose to avoid diketones, I suggest waiting on Lotus Vanilla until/unless test results become available.
I didn't pay for these Lotus flavorings (thanks to @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) ).

I'm going to let these all sit a while longer and compare the results to the notes I made so far. I'm expecting changes with Vanilla and White Chocolate, maybe Almond, but I think the fruits I have will remain about the same. I tried to be objective so far and make these unbiased descriptions, but I'll post my personal opinions then, too. My initial impression is that Lotus does fruit flavors best.

(This is the last Lotus flavoring I have.)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds After playing with the flavor fade. I've stopped at 3 drops from the MF dropper. They're pretty big drops. My guess would be .75% to 1%. It tastes sweeter with a hint of tartness. Reminds me of Dannon yogurt boysenberries. I'm liking this one. I have yet to try a yogurt flavoring. This Blackberry could work though.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mango to go in a mega mellons clone. So far I'm still trying to figure out a % for a single flavor mix lol.
Guessing I'm going to be at 0.2% or less and then add in the papaya & cantaloupe to complete mega mellons.

That shit is no F'n joke strong! :eek:
mega melons aka monster melons is an easy recipe to clone. Cutwood uses mainly tfa flavors in most of there juice line. Try this and you will thank me later;)

Tfa- papaya 5% (the key taste in mm)
Tfa- cantaloupe 8%
Tfa- mango 2%
Tfa- marshmallow 5%

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just mixed up 1% samples of banana, blueberry, green apple, pineapple, white cherry and white chocolate. 70% vg - 29% pg. Gonna let them steep for a little while then report back. So far these flavors seem very promising. The ones I'm sampling have been dud's with the other 10 or so companies I've tried.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just mixed up 1% samples of banana, blueberry, green apple, pineapple, white cherry and white chocolate. 70% vg - 29% pg. Gonna let them steep for a little while then report back. So far these flavors seem very promising. The ones I'm sampling have been dud's with the other 10 or so companies I've tried.
what companies would that be?

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do a mix of tfa wild blueberry, fw blueberry and fa bilberry. It's okay.
Lor banana cream with some fa banana is okay. Every green apple I've ever tried was to candy like or to weak. Inw pineapple is the only one that ever tasted legit but it's still a weak flavor. Every white chocolate I ever tried was absolutely terrible. Same with cherry, although baker has the only cherry I've ever liked but it's a cherry pie filling taste. Still not what I'm looking for.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You might revisit the TFA White Chocolate, Ben, Recommended by HIC, a mixologist who has demonstrated a knowledge of flavorings and clever combinations for years in our community. I was thankful to have followed his recommendation on it.

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might revisit the TFA White Chocolate, Ben, Recommended by HIC, a mixologist who has demonstrated a knowledge of flavorings and clever combinations for years in our community. I was thankful to have followed his recommendation on it.
I've tried tfa, fw, and nf white chocolate. They were not what I was looking for at all.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I always have a batch of fw blueberry/fa pomagranate mixed up. add a little hangson cream and I'm good to go

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here are my thoughts on the flavors I sampled at 1% exactly one week later.

Banana- most realistic tasting banana flavoring ive tried, but I still find it a little weak at 1%. Gonna bump it to 2%. Definitely see this replacing my lor- banana cream clear and fa banana mixture in the near future.

Blueberry- it's very natural tasting but I don't see this flavor being a standalone blueberry for me. At 1% I still find the flavor to be a little weak. Gonna bump the flavor up to 2% and see how it comes out. I've found that mixing fw blueberry, tfa blueberry wild and a smidge of fa bilberry usually does the trick for me. Although i could easily see this replacing the bilberry in my mixture because the only reason I used it at all was for the outside skin affect it brought to my mixture. This blueberry has that quality and so much more so there definitely will be some more tinkering before I make my final judgement.

Green apple- I think my holy grail Greenapple search has finally come to an end. Every green apple flavoring I've ever tried (besides this one)tasted like candy and I had to use way over 10%. Therefore I never used any of them. This flavor is freakishly spot on green apple. I'm still going to bump it to 2% because I like my flavors to pop. Also, I will be mixing this flavor with fw candy caramel this weekend to see how they gel together.

Pineapple- most authentic pineapple I've used by far. Inw pineapple has always been my go to but it's one of the lowest concentrated flavourings they produce and i dislike using high percentages of flavoring. I think a combination of the two could make something really special. Gonna add another 1% and try again a week later.

White chocolate- well this is not a bad flavor but I still don't think it's what I'm looking for. Gonna try adding some vanilla and creams to it before I give up on it. Chocolate is a very hard flavor to work with and I've always been looking for something that can mimic Belgium chocolate or good old milk chocolate. The rabbit hole continues.

White cherry- this is by far the best flavor out of the 6 I've sampled. This blows away baker flav sweet cherry, fa- black cherry and the dozens of other putrid cherries I've tried in the past. Still gonna bump this to 2% although I don't think you need anymore then 1% unless you mix with other flavors. Gonna substitute this flavor over Baker sweet cherry in my cherry pie recipe this weekend. Fingers crossed because it's a hassle getting flavors from them.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL yeah, digging up an old thread, but I'm definitely curious about that blueberry.

-Kingboomer

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have ecigexpress.com opened in another tab while doing a Google search which brought me here. I freaked over the price until I read every post here. Now I'm at the maybe stage. Any dollar amount is too much if the flavor doesn't agree with you, in my opinion.

I am glad HIC sampled the strawberry as I'm currently looking for a new brand to buy. My 30ml of FW Strawberry is just about gone. Last year I thought the flavor was great. Maybe it changed over time, or I did, as it's not so great anymore.
I like a bit of candy flavor with my strawberry mixes, so maybe Cap's Sweet Strawberry mixed with Lotus' will be the flavor I'm seeking.

I will check back to this thread often for more reviews.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A thread started by favored vendor-sponsor is not the most polite or ethical place to pimp another business, PV.

I sincerely hope you just say. "Oops" and delete it rather than justifying it or deflecting.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A thread started by favored vendor-sponsor is not the most polite or ethical place to pimp another business, PV.

I sincerely hope you just say. "Oops" and delete it rather than justifying it or deflecting.
yeah...probablly not. twitboy. I don't give a fuck about other vendors...besides the only thing I pimp is your ass at truck stops.

As for ECX there is probablly no vendor who I would more gladly support than they...they are amazingly efficent, and responsive, and whenever they have something I want they are always the first to get my bussiness.I am more than happy to see they have a long and prosperous bussiness..unfortunately I was looking for the plum and wasn't able to find it there....

Last edited:

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@SailCat and @pulsevape - please know that I am very thankful for that info. I use tiny wee amounts of flavorings and am glad to know I can get smaller amounts and at less cost. I also like ECX they were 1 of the first flavoring sites I used. ;)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Donovan is not so grateful that you're purchasing elsewhere.

There are reasons the other vendor isn't mentioned by respected and respectful VU members who are aware of their track record. Perhaps you've noticed they no longer post here.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh my bad:oops: Then maybe I should ask @Donovan to offer tiny wee amounts??;) I use such tiny amounts I'd hate to pay so much and then not like it. :(

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh my bad:oops: Then maybe I should ask @Donovan to offer tiny wee amounts??;) I use such tiny amounts I'd hate to pay so much and then not like it. :(

That's a nice thought, Dixie, and I'm sure he appreciates you support regardless. I received my most recent order from ECX only last week, quickly and perfectly. I know we Oregonians appreciate good service from ethical businesses. The reviews in this thread are an excellent reference in making a good buying decision for this premium product in any event :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in the same camp. I don't use a lot of flavoring to flavor a liquid. I only make sweets for two people. I would be happy to buy half the quantity- 2.5mL if it was offered. Otherwise, this is a brand I will have to pass on.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in the same camp. I don't use a lot of flavoring to flavor a liquid. I only make sweets for two people. I would be happy to buy half the quantity- 2.5mL if it was offered. Otherwise, this is a brand I will have to pass on.

I know the main MF website has sample sizes and such. For us, the best we are able to currently do is sell 5ml instead of the MF default size of 15. Hope you end up getting a few! There are definitely a few all-stars

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds - How'd these age out for you?

I'm ready to pass final judgement on these as steeped single flavors. All sat for 6-8 weeks. I have 3 clear winners:

Blueberry 0.5%. My previous description of the flavor still matches what I've got here, but I do detect the tiniest extra bit of tart berry (skin?) now, and the 0.25% and 0.5% both taste just a little lighter than they did freshly-mixed. I give this one my highest rating both for realistic flavor and the fact that it's so very concentrated.

Strawberry 1.5%. Just like Blueberry, I detect a tiny bit of tartness to it that I don't taste with a fresh mix. It's a very subtle change, though. Again my previous description still matches this one steeped. Yes, it faded some - but it's still aaaallllmost full flavor at 1.5, so that's still impressive.

White Cherry 1.5%. No changes I can detect with this one at all. I have one comment to add to my previous decription - this is a fresher cherry flavor than any of the Inawera cherries I've used. I have a Queen Anne white cherry tree and can't wait to see how this flavoring matches a ripe cherry plucked from the tree and/or the juice I'll make if there's a good crop this year. This one is probably my personal favorite of the 6 Lotus I've tried.

Almond, Vanilla, White Chocolate... um. I swear I taste coconut in all of these. I will need to mix fresh batches again to compare for sure, but I think that note has grown over time. I'm sure they share a certain "cream" flavor molecule that will be a love/hate thing for people who taste them. My advice: try just 1 of Lotus' creamy flavors to see if you like it. If it's rich, buttery, and delicious to you, you'll probably like them all. If it's a little rancid to you, don't get more.

So my initial impression that Lotus does fruit flavors best held up (for my taste buds) after steeping. No huge changes in those fruits during steeping, but the creamy ones have definitely changed. None of the creamy flavors taste to me much like their names. These 3 fruits are all very well done. As someone who shouldn't vape as much PG as I do, I appreciate they have none. As someone who can make FlavourArt do whatever I want it to, the most valuable flavor in this set is White Cherry. (I can make FA Bilberry and Strawberry taste similar to the Lotus flavors, with some effort...and more PG...but no diketones, so there are some trade-offs there.)

mmm....I mixed strawberry, white cherry, and blueberry in a tank, and this is danged tasty...

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a few of these Lotus flavorings from ecigexpress to review now! It looks like this is the right place.
They came in 5ml glass bottles with Euro-dropper plastic dropper inserts. I measured a couple and found they make about 30-33 drops/ml.

Lotus White Chocolate
This seemed the least-strong of the flavors I got, so I chose it to mix first. I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This basically colorless flavoring with viscosity like a typical PG-based flavoring (though I understand no PG is added) - not as runny as an alcohol-based flavoring.

1% (1 drop per 3ml base) - It was instantly apparent this was too much; harsh fruity and "spicy" notes were strong.
0.5% (1 drop per 6ml base) - Much improved, no spicy harshness, milder fruity notes, sweet vanilla, thick cream, some coconut that's not entirely out of place, and perhaps a little caramel. I diluted this further to see if I could eliminate the fruity notes..
0.25% (1 drop per 12ml base) - My maximum preferred standalone percent. At 0.25% and a bit lower, I taste white chocolate candy - best after a brief steep, just letting it sit at room temperature, closed bottle, for a day. In side-by-side comparison with TFA White Chocolate, both standalone and in a couple simple recipes, I estimate this Lotus flavoring is 10x the strength of TFA's version. It's hard to be very precise with that figure, because the flavors are quite different. As you find your own strength preference, I suggest starting at 0.5% or less and dilute it until you taste very little of the fruity flavor; it may seem a little weak, but let it steep a day before making judgement. This flavor needs a chance to develop.

standalone flavor:
(A good article about real white choc candy: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/what-is-white-chocolate-best-brands.html).
This is a sweet, rich and creamy, vanilla-white-chocolate with lots of dairy flavor and some fruity-coconut accent notes.
TFA White Chocolate is probably the best-known white choc flavor, so I'll do a comparison. First, Lotus is sweeter than TFA - in my opinion, that's a good thing. Where TFA captures the waxy-smooth flavor (some would call it buttery) that reminds me of white pretzel coating made with hydrogenated fats and whey, Lotus has a thick-whipped-creamy flavor more like dense mousse made with cocoa butter and full-fat cream. If you taste butter in TFA's version, you probably won't in Lotus' version. Where TFA has nut-like "low" notes that stick around as you exhale, Lotus has brighter, fruity "high" notes and cream instead. TFA is more forgiving with strength: a couple percent more or less doesn't change it drastically, but Lotus takes real precision. Once you get Lotus low enough to minimize the fruity accent, and with the benefit of a steep, a tasty white chocolate candy flavor emerges. Some of the fruity notes will remain, but they're not necessarily out of place in a recipe.

mixing with it:
A real test of flavor strength - I mixed 0.25% Lotus White Chocolate with 2% FA Coffee Espresso. The Lotus flavor comes through loud and clear, roughly as strong as the coffee flavor, to give you an idea how concentrated it is. That combo tastes like a white chocolate mocha drink - it's no masterpiece, but a good first mix if you like mild coffee flavors. I notice this Lotus flavor sweetens well, and it adds enough thick cream flavor to make that (to me, strong dose of) Espresso taste mild. I do still get some of the fruity accent, even through the espresso, but it's very, very subtle.
IMO Lotus White Chocolate goes especially well with fruit flavors. Whatever fruit you'd like dipped in white chocolate, just mix your fruits a bit lighter than usual, add 0.25% White Chocolate, and try it the next day.

a couple tips:
* Make a little bottle of 10% or even 1% Lotus White Chocolate. Use THAT as your flavoring to easily and precisely mix the small amounts you'll need as a minor flavor in recipes.
* Tiny percentages, well under 0.25%, might be the sweet, thick cream flavor you've been wanting for recipes. You can get the sweet, full-fat dairy without candy flavor. You will get some vanilla and maybe fruitiness along with it, but that'll go well in many recipes.

two disclaimers:
I didn't pay for these Lotus flavorings (thank you @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) ).

more to come:
I have more to try. I'll make a 10% dilution to start with, after my experience with this one.

uh,,,WOW! impressive detailed work! thanks,, 'way above my skill level' :)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Out of the 3 - Almond, Vanilla, and White Chocolate(which IMHO is not a chocolate LOL ) I'd have to pick the Vanilla. :p

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, for those of you who've been using these flavorings....how far would you have to dilute them so that they would have the same strength as say Flavor Art flavorings.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm ready to pass final judgement on these as steeped single flavors. All sat for 6-8 weeks. I have 3 clear winners:

Blueberry 0.5%. My previous description of the flavor still matches what I've got here, but I do detect the tiniest extra bit of tart berry (skin?) now, and the 0.25% and 0.5% both taste just a little lighter than they did freshly-mixed. I give this one my highest rating both for realistic flavor and the fact that it's so very concentrated.

Strawberry 1.5%. Just like Blueberry, I detect a tiny bit of tartness to it that I don't taste with a fresh mix. It's a very subtle change, though. Again my previous description still matches this one steeped. Yes, it faded some - but it's still aaaallllmost full flavor at 1.5, so that's still impressive.

White Cherry 1.5%. No changes I can detect with this one at all. I have one comment to add to my previous decription - this is a fresher cherry flavor than any of the Inawera cherries I've used. I have a Queen Anne white cherry tree and can't wait to see how this flavoring matches a ripe cherry plucked from the tree and/or the juice I'll make if there's a good crop this year. This one is probably my personal favorite of the 6 Lotus I've tried.

Almond, Vanilla, White Chocolate... um. I swear I taste coconut in all of these. I will need to mix fresh batches again to compare for sure, but I think that note has grown over time. I'm sure they share a certain "cream" flavor molecule that will be a love/hate thing for people who taste them. My advice: try just 1 of Lotus' creamy flavors to see if you like it. If it's rich, buttery, and delicious to you, you'll probably like them all. If it's a little rancid to you, don't get more.

So my initial impression that Lotus does fruit flavors best held up (for my taste buds) after steeping. No huge changes in those fruits during steeping, but the creamy ones have definitely changed. None of the creamy flavors taste to me much like their names. These 3 fruits are all very well done. As someone who shouldn't vape as much PG as I do, I appreciate they have none. As someone who can make FlavourArt do whatever I want it to, the most valuable flavor in this set is White Cherry. (I can make FA Bilberry and Strawberry taste similar to the Lotus flavors, with some effort...and more PG...but no diketones, so there are some trade-offs there.)

mmm....I mixed strawberry, white cherry, and blueberry in a tank, and this is danged tasty...

Many thanks man. Definitely gonna get the blueberry, maybe the strawberry, then some FA Vienna cream and a custard of some sorts...

-Kingboomer

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
So, for those of you who've been using these flavorings....how far would you have to dilute them so that they would have the same strength as say Flavor Art flavorings.

10% is the general consensus for turning your LF/MF into a "typical" concentrate.

I'm no expert however (hopefully on my way)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10% is the general consensus for turning your LF/MF into a "typical" concentrate.

I'm no expert however (hopefully on my way)
Thanks Donavan, ....so does that mean I'd need to mix 10% of theses flavorings on your site with say 90%PG....and then use them as I would say flavor art.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Donavan, ....so does that mean I'd need to mix 10% of theses flavorings on your site with say 90%PG....and then use them as I would say flavor art.

Not to speak for Donovan but HIC gave the following advice earlier ...

If you make a 10% dilution first, it's more like working with TFA or Capella. Instead of twiddling with 1.25% or 1.5%, you'd use 12%-15%, which is much easier to measure and fine-tune. I use 10% dilutions of a couple FlavourArt and TFA flavors for the same reason (FA Honey and TFA Holiday Spice, for example, are every bit as strong as the Lotus flavors I've posted about so far).

VU Sponsors