Become a Patron!

What is the best Voopoo PnP coil for vaping nic salts in a Drag S?

Hey guys!

So, I am kinda new to this forum and I need some help.
I am not new to vaping and have been going from mods and tanks to pods for the past 4 years.
Lately I've been using the Uwell Koko Prime and the Smok Novo X and they have been satisfying my nicotine crave superbly.
Couple of days ago, I decide to upgrade my vaping experience and get myself something bigger and stronger... the Drag S pod system. Now, the question is, out of 7-8 different PnP coil options that VooPoo offers, which one is the best for vaping nic salts?
I've been all over Google, trying to figure out the best combo in terms of the coils and the wattage, but none of the websites give an actual, sensible answer to my question. Please help!!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hey, welcome to VU :cheers:
I'm sure someone will be along, someone with more info on pods than me.
How do you vape Koko Prime and Novo X ? MTL?
Drag S says MTL or DTL and you mentioned "something stronger". What do you mean by stronger? More power? More vapor? A stronger hit?

About the coils you've been using....does Drag S have something similar?

Hey, thanks!
No, I don't do MTL even though the manufacturer advises it on the coil package. I find that DTL produces more vapor and hits me stronger than if I would do it MTL.
In regards to "stronger", I meant more power and more vapor.

I do not think that Drag S has similar coils to the two aforementioned pod systems... The Koko and Novo are both designed for vaping nic salts, and there are only two coil options to choose from, as opposed to VooPoo Drag S, which supports all 7-8 types of coils in the PnP series both in sub-ohm and 1ohm and higher options. Per what I understand, Drag S is not necessarily designed to vape nic salts, but apparently YOU CAN do it, it's just vaping nic salts on sub ohm coils, burns them faster and gives a very hard throat hit. By way of example, I've tried vaping nic salts with VooPoo Drag 220W system with UWELL Crown 3 tank set to a very low wattage setting (10W or 15W, I do not remember exactly), but when you fire it, it would burn the coil after like two draws and will leave you with agonizing pain in the throat.

I hope I am not being too complicated with my request......

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Not too complicated for members around here, that's for sure.

Seems a couple things are working against each other? More power and more vapor vs nic salts.
Salts is low power, a little vapor. That's why it didn't work in the Crown and I don't think Crown has a coil for that low power.
If it were reg freebase nic you could still get the craving satisfied with however much power/vapor you wanted. I think that's the answer.

Since the amount of power is determined by the coil, have you thought about how much power and what coil for Drag S?

Last edited:
Not really, I tried freebase juices, but somehow I just found that it doesn't ease my craves... I would vape until my stomach curled up in a ball and said "I can't take it anymore!!!!!!' but still would want to vape more, also I would go through a 60ML bottle of juice in a week and then my wallet started going "I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!" that is why I switched to salts.
My journey started with the ZERO pods, then into the older Caliburn series, then into newer Caliburns (G and KOKO Prime) and then to the Novo X.
To be honest, vapor chasing haven't been my goal, but nevertheless, the caliburn and the Novo produces quite a remarkable amount of clouds despite the size and power of those vapes.
The three coils in Drag S that apparently can take nic salts are the 1.2ohm PnP C-1 Ceramic Coils, 1.2ohm PnP TR-1 Mesh Coils, and the 0.8ohm PnP TM-2 Mesh Coils.
All three aforementioned coils are anywhere in between 10W - 25W suggested range.
I was actually sold on getting the Ceramic Coils, but I have never dealt with them and in fact was the first time that I actually encountered something like that.... Do you have any idea on what is the difference between those and regular coils??

Thanks in advance!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
IIRR Vaporesso came out w/1st ceramic and I tried them sub-ohm. They're great. I remember full flavor...and cleaner flavor is is a term I would use.

Maybe your freebase nic strength wasn't high enough, causing more vaping resulting in not agreeing with you and leaving you still craving ?

I've been paying $6 per 120ml bottle(sale).

I don't know if the .8Ω would give you what you want. I don't know how low you can feasibly go w/salts.

I guess so...

Wow, thanks for the additional link on ceramic coils! This is awesome!

Yeah, I guess you right right, I think I should just try higher nicotine levels on my juice... I was vaping 6mg, I think I should try to go for 12mg or something of the sort! Wow, thanks man, you made my day!

Appreciate it!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If I had something higher than 3 or 6mg I'd send some your way to try to help you figure it out w/o having needless purchases. I bet that .45Ω would vape good on that setup/this scenario. A lot of choices under 1.0.

If your thinking of trying the freebase route again, some of the best mixers on VU. DIY is big here. I bet they could help with nic strength and probably some samples quantities.

GL

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a couple of Drag Xs and an Argus GT kit, all of them came with the tanks that use PNP coils.

I like the VM1 0.3 ohm coils. They last a really long time, have great flavor and vapor. My juice is mostly 6 mg (freebase) and I run the coils at around 40 watts.

If you up your wattage, you don't have to increase nicotine as much. Higher wattage is vaporizing more juice, so you're taking in more nicotine.

It's a whole lot easier to find 6 mg juice than 12 mg, and if you're vaping DTL, 35-40 watts shouldn't be a stretch. You'll get great flavor and more vapor. If it's a little warm for you, just open the airflow more.

There is also a Voopoo RTA Pod tank that has a rebuildable deck that resembles the deck on a Wasp Nano. If you get that, you can build your coils to basically whatever you want - maybe that gives you more leeway in wattage and nic content. The RTA to me is just as good as the PNP coils.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe your freebase nic strength wasn't high enough, causing more vaping resulting in not agreeing with you and leaving you still craving ?

Touching on this a bit as well. I use 18 mg/ml nicotine freebase. Do not any issues with cravings. I vape moderately. Not really a cloud or flavor chaser here.

I can do some modest clouding at times but I'm not really "going for" that. I vape to use nicotine with less risk. Like using an RDA on a squonking mod, this suits me.

Only conveying that I agree higher freebase nicotine juice might help. Vape any style you want. But do agree higher strength nicotine merits consideration.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Interested in finding out.
At that point, an option to upping the nic would be more resistance than 1.2 (lower Ω = more vapor = more nic).

Last edited:
You're right, but I decided to give the Ceramic coils a try just based off of the link that you sent me earlier that explained the way they worked... Also, the Drag S already comes with 2 0.6ohm coils (or something like that) included in the package, so I will have both to try.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're right, but I decided to give the Ceramic coils a try just based off of the link that you sent me earlier that explained the way they worked... Also, the Drag S already comes with 2 0.6ohm coils (or something like that) included in the package, so I will have both to try.

Like using 0.30 ohm myself. Then, my "sweet range" is from that to 0.50. As a matter of preference 0.25 and lower seem to vape too hot to suit me. Also it kind of discharges a single 18650 battery in a mechanical too quickly to suit. *chuckles*

VU Sponsors