Become a Patron!

What tank to buy

goingcrazy614

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm new to this forum. I've been vaping for 2 months now and would like to try a sub ohm tank. I have a Cool Fire IV 40w mod. I don't want to do rebuilding just yet but want the option and need it to be durable for work. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advanced.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a Kanger Subtank.. Came with a rebuild able deck. I haven't tried it yet but it's on my short list. There are just too many out there!! My only advice (as given to me) is start simple. I'm sure others, more experienced will chime in. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm new to this forum. I've been vaping for 2 months now and would like to try a sub ohm tank. I have a Cool Fire IV 40w mod. I don't want to do rebuilding just yet but want the option and need it to be durable for work. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advanced.
I have an iSub on my Cool Fire IV and love the combo.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're probably going to get a ton of people suggesting a tfv4 or crown but with the power you have,I'd suggest the kanger subtank mini or wait a couple ticks for the kanger top tank.

goingcrazy614

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're probably going to get a ton of people suggesting a tfv4 or crown but with the power you have,I'd suggest the kanger subtank mini or wait a couple ticks for the kanger top tank.
I was considering the subtank mini but hear it has leak issues. What do you think?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every tank has someone who found a way to make it leak. That said, I'm going to agree on the Subtank as a good choice - manufactured coils with an RBA option included, perfectly at home under 40 watts, seems like just what you're looking for.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every tank has leak issues.
You roll the dice and hope for a good one regardless of brand.
Fwiw,take those "leaky tank" complaints with a grain of salt because a good majority are caused by user error.
I've owned 8 subtanks and only one leaked from the afc beyond repair.

A couple other winning options in your power range are the tried and true delta II and smok vct.
Both are flavor flavs with optional rba's

djj624

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Durability, no leaking and a top fill. Go with a mini supertank. Blows tons of smoke great airflow and easy to find coils for. I used this on my kanger sub box mini and it worked great. Subtank leaked like all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out the Halo Reactor. I have one and its fantastic. Coils last 2-3 weeks for me

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Every tank will have leaking if you mistreat it but I think the subtanks are a bit more prone to issues than most. That said it is still overall a great tank with cheap/common replacement coils as well as a solid RBA.

The only thing I'd personally recommend over it is the Atlantis (preferably v1 IMO) and use the .5Ω coils.

VU Sponsors