Become a Patron!

What the fuck is up with Fasttech and needing Videos????

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some time ago I bought a Big Dipper clone from them... when it arrived it was missing a O-Ring and it could not be used and it didn't come with a extra (Pic 1 below)..I made a ticket with a pic and with no problem they sent me out 2 new O-Rings...So after I got the them I was ready to build...After the Build and started using it I noticed that on the first day it was going though a lot of juice...Some had come out of the air hole but not that much and I fixed that by less pumps...On the second day my 26650 battery started losing it's oomph...I decided to change it out...To my Dismay There was juice all over the battery and inside the mod (Big Nasty)...On closer examination the 2 neg pole screws at the bottom of the atty where leaking and it was clear that the screws was put in crooked...After I tried to take them out and try to fix it myself it was apparent these screws were put in mechanically and can not be removed by hand (Pic 2 below)...So I made a ticket explaining what has happened with the pic...FT has told me the manufacturer wants me to upload a video of it to a 3rd party host as FT has to way of uploading Video in there "Ticket System" also not to mention "www.fasttech.com" in the video ...Anyone else had to do this?...I have never heard of such a thing with them and trust me I searched for it...Plus Why the fuck would I want a replacement of something that is working fine and is not leaking?..I could understand maybe If I wanted a full refund but all this for a replacement????

Pic of no O-Ring missing
2v80q5c.jpg

Pic of leaking screws
2hcl2xj.jpg

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I usually snap a quick video with my phone when I have issues with a product, just makes things easier. On another note, one time FT gave me this really weird request to weigh my package when I got it, take pictures of it on the scale and send them the pictures. I declined as I don't have a scale, they then offered me a $2 credit if I took it somewhere with a scale and fulfilled their request. I ignored them. LOL.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think it's new and normal practice from now on. just make the video and send it to them.
Oh I'm going too but I have never heard of it before or found anything about sending videos...If that is the case now maybe they should have their ticket systems should have a video op to upload it...I also thought it funny that I can't mention "www.fasttech.com" in the video too

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I usually snap a quick video with my phone when I have issues with a product, just makes things easier. On another note, one time FT gave me this really weird request to weigh my package when I got it, take pictures of it on the scale and send them the pictures. I declined as I don't have a scale, they then offered me a $2 credit if I took it somewhere with a scale and fulfilled their request. I ignored them. LOL.
Really?...I think they are just making people jump through hoops to make it a pain to return...Like I said before why on earth would I want to replace something that isn't broken?

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I'm going too but I have never heard of it before or found anything about sending videos...If that is the case now maybe they should have their ticket systems should have a video op to upload it...I also thought it funny that I can't mention "www.fasttech.com" in the video too
Maybe the fact they order out stock from so many places that they don't want to be mentioned in the Vid because that is how they claim reimbursement for faulty merchandise. Just a guess.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's actually to cut down on returns because they make it a PITA for the customer. They've been doing that for a while. I was sent a big kayfun that had crunched up 510 threads, could not screw it down on anything. So I took a photo and opened a ticket, they wanted a video showing that it would not thread down on a mod, so I informed them that I would be starting a paypal dispute, the photo was more than enough combined with all the bad reviews and drama happening on their forum regarding the big kayfun. I sent it back to Florida, and they sent a new one with good threads, took another 3 weeks to get to me.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's actually to cut down on returns because they make it a PITA for the customer. They've been doing that for a while. I was sent a big kayfun that had crunched up 510 threads, could not screw it down on anything. So I took a photo and opened a ticket, they wanted a video showing that it would not thread down on a mod, so I informed them that I would be starting a paypal dispute, the photo was more than enough combined with all the bad reviews and drama happening on their forum regarding the big kayfun. I sent it back to Florida, and they sent a new one with good threads, took another 3 weeks to get to me.
Good point. You can push back at them. One time they said they could only offer 'store credit' for my return shipping costs. I told them it was unacceptable and I didn't want to buy anything else from their store right now. They folded and refunded me on paypal. :)

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Same thing with crushed threads (Just the top 2 ) on my kayfun 2 weeks ago I couldn't even get it started ..I just sent the pic and it was fine...But I think they are making it a PITA for us
attachment

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe the fact they order out stock from so many places that they don't want to be mentioned in the Vid because that is how they claim reimbursement for faulty merchandise. Just a guess.
I think because i have to upload the video to a 3rd party they don't want that video going public with their name associated with it

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
SURELY there are other sources....screw FastFuck...

VU Sponsors