Become a Patron!

What type of wire for better taste

chkontog

Member For 3 Years
Hi, in my dripper, i usually use ni80 fused clapton 2*28/38 wire.
Is there a different type of wire that gives you better taste?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my opinion Stainless Steel gives me the best flavor. I stopped using anything else once I used SS.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Best thing you can do is try a few different types and see what you like better.
personally I prefer ss. Many people prefer kanthal or ni800; and, a few still like ni200.

it’s all in personal taste.

chkontog

Member For 3 Years
When i say "type" i mean, what type of knitting, gives you better taste (clapton, fused clapton, staggered fused clapton etc).

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When i say "type" i mean, what type of knitting, gives you better taste (clapton, fused clapton, staggered fused clapton etc).
SEO post much? Knitting?? Thx China, we already bought all yer stuff.

I can get as good of a vape on old skool 28ga kanthal micro-coil as I can on anything else.

It's entirely up to the build, the device, and the atomizer. And, your personal taste, which is entirely subjective.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For vaping on a regulated mod at 90-100W and using a typical 24mm or 25mm dual coil RDA with a normal amount of build space, try decently handbuilt 3-core aliens Ni80 28/36 at 7 wraps 3mm, dual coil = 0.2 ohms.

dot-two-alien-coils.jpg

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I buy fancy pre-made coils of SS just because I am curious and they look so cool. They may not work any better than a single-spaced wire, but I am having fun trying them out. I have 1 small spool of 2-26/38 SS Fused Clapton in case I need a certain sized coil that I can make myself.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I buy fancy pre-made coils of SS just because I am curious and they look so cool. They may not work any better than a single-spaced wire, but I am having fun trying them out. I have 1 small spool of 2-26/38 SS Fused Clapton in case I need a certain sized coil that I can make myself.
Me too, I think they look cool. The best coils I have used are American made hand spun coils from some of our resident builders here. The best flavor coils for me came from @VAPEROXX made special for Glaze rta I traded from him. The best all around, put in any rda/rta for flavor and clouds were gifted to me by @debinnv. I make simple coils round wire parallel, twisted, and simple. They all work pretty well with best flavor from the twisted. Peace and love to all.
Rick
P.s. also I flatten the twisted wire I make a little it gives more surface and they look cooler.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it’s all in personal taste.
It's entirely up to the build, the device, and the atomizer. And, your personal taste, which is entirely subjective.

Agree with your posts. Even agree it is likely SEO tactics. Have further thoughts regarding it. Do not care to openly share, much beyond "oh gee, interesting yet typical".

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your vape style, equipment, personal taste, and even the juice you are using can all be factors in selecting the right coil build for you. Nobody can tell you what is "best". All we can do is tell you what we found to work well for our own personal tastes. I use quad core fused claptons. 27x4/40, all Ni80. This may or may not work for you, just keep trying new coil types until you find your personal favorite. It's what we all have to do.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your vape style, equipment, personal taste, and even the juice you are using can all be factors in selecting the right coil build for you. Nobody can tell you what is "best". All we can do is tell you what we found to work well for our own personal tastes. I use quad core fused claptons. 27x4/40, all Ni80. This may or may not work for you, just keep trying new coil types until you find your personal favorite. It's what we all have to do.

Ever think these open ended questions are posed by sock puppets? Merely something to ponder, ... all kinds of interesting yet typical reasons that might be. I'm sure this isn't new to you.

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ever think these open ended questions are posed by sock puppets? Merely something to ponder, ... all kinds of interesting yet typical reasons that might be. I'm sure this isn't new to you.
Yeah, I know it happens a lot. But they are not the only ones looking at this, so why not put real and truthful info for the people who just lurk and are actually interested. At least that is my idea behind it.

VU Sponsors