Become a Patron!

What was your first rebuildable and ...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't remember my first rba but my oldest in the collection is the a7. Props to anyone who remembers those. Still have it after all these years. Just gave it a good cleaning but no plans on pulling it out anytime soon.
Oh yeah I remember the A7..I liked it...if it's the same one I remember it was a tiny little thing....

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't even remember the name of the 1st one I had, but you had to use NR-R-NR coils and was a real PITA to coil and wick, also had gennies like the RSST, it was hit or miss on how well they worked for me, and thought rebuilding was not for me, then the kayfun came out, and then things got better and only got better and easier as the years have gone by, it was so much harder 7 years ago, that's for sure.
NR-R-NR .......that sounds like one of the atties built by GG Golden Greek.alot of their atties were set up that way.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This tiny thing from eight years ago...no idea what it was called anymore.

Um65L.jpg

Look Ma...a Mesh RDA!
(note the chrome coming off the brass)
TwbqC.jpg

Despised it and its sloped screws and melting insulators...but it was a beginning. :D

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This stuff too..oy vey...SMH!

hQ0bM.jpg

*Still have that Genny though.

Ah, the horrors...LOL

4ukPI.jpg

Still love my Buzz Pro however. ;-)

looks like the DID genisis atomizer made by MMV....or it's clone that they called the griffin......people either really loved the DID...... or it drove them nuts.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My first was a Dead Rabbit just a couple years ago. Probably why I joined VU. It was the only rda available at my local b&m. At the time it was a Totally Wicked retail store. It was an eye opener to flavor. My previous gear was a Smok Baby Beast. So yeah like night and day. Now even in my subohm tanks I use rba decks. The day I got my DR I made my first coils. Twisted 26 agw ss 316l. They did not sell pre made coils but had a spool of ss that they gave me. A brief tutoral on how to twist and away I go.

haha bit like going from VHS to DVD at the time (sub ohm vs RBA)

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first rebuildable tank was a Kanger Subtank Mini RBA. Wow! I can be self sufficient! Then, I realized how picky about just where and how much cotton it wanted. But v2 with the itsy bitsy tiny little screw to keep the cap in place was a bit better. I still have a couple in the basement.
The came the mighty SteamCrave Aromamizer. This has to be the pinnacle of vaping! Whoops, what's that liquid all over!? Sometimes, if the Gods were with me, I could go a full 2 days with just a little wipe of the air flow to rid it of the condensation.
Then I was unfaithful and had flings with various tarts. Engines, Aromamizer Plus, a couple of top air flow tanks.

I tired of all the meaningless relationships as soon as I met my Zeus X.
For me, it's a perfect union. It doesn't leak, spit, drool, or wet itself in any manner. Provides good flavor for my DIY juice. Nice air flow for me.
In return, I have it rewicked and given fresh coils every two weeks.

I don't think I'll ever leave it. I have 8 in stock.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first rebuildable tank was a Kanger Subtank Mini RBA. Wow! I can be self sufficient! Then, I realized how picky about just where and how much cotton it wanted. But v2 with the itsy bitsy tiny little screw to keep the cap in place was a bit better. I still have a couple in the basement.
The came the mighty SteamCrave Aromamizer. This has to be the pinnacle of vaping! Whoops, what's that liquid all over!? Sometimes, if the Gods were with me, I could go a full 2 days with just a little wipe of the air flow to rid it of the condensation.
Then I was unfaithful and had flings with various tarts. Engines, Aromamizer Plus, a couple of top air flow tanks.

For me, it's a perfect union. It doesn't leak, spit, drool, or wet itself in any manner. Provides good flavor for my DIY juice. Nice air flow for me.

I enjoy my Zeus X as well. It is completely forgiving. It can be coiled and wicked half asleep and still perform excellently.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yeah the V1 RBA kinda sucked. V2 is pretty nice. I started with the V2. Have picked up a few V1 tanks on sale but bought V2 RBA's for them.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NR-R-NR .......that sounds like one of the atties built by GG Golden Greek.alot of their atties were set up that way.

Yes it was, it was gifted to me, probably because they couldn't get it to work well either, now I was a new builder, so that had a big part of my problems, it sure wasn't a good atty to start building on as a newbie.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it was, it was gifted to me, probably because they couldn't get it to work well either, now I was a new builder, so that had a big part of my problems, it sure wasn't a good atty to start building on as a newbie.
Nah, man those things were an absolute bitch to build for anybody...eventually Golden Greek changed their design so that you didn't have to use NR-R-NR..I always lusted after the GGTS their mod, but I was never interested in their atties....on hindsight I'm happy I never got a GGTS...they are pretty mods, but they have a ton of parts to them....but I'd take one in a heartbeat just for the history they have,...GG, Caravela, and Zen.....were probablly the first guys to start the idea of highend mods...something of quality and a higher level of performance than the shit that was coming out of China.

a71d32756e178ce8e75d6b19eef65d43.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah, man those things were an absolute bitch to build for anybody...eventually Golden Greek changed their design so that you didn't have to use NR-R-NR..I always lusted after the GGTS their mod, but I was never interested in their atties....on hindsight I'm happy I never got a GGTS...they are pretty mods, but they have a ton of parts to them....but I'd take one in a heartbeat just for the history they have,

a71d32756e178ce8e75d6b19eef65d43.jpg

Without a doubt they make some good looking stuff, even the tank I had 7 years ago, was a gorgeous looking tank, just not so gorgeous to work with.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
experiences with it?
In a nutshell? It was absolutely worth trolling up and down about.

On a more serious note... in the flavor department I still think it was heavily underrated by many, as the flavor production was really very nice, IF you put the right coils in. I was using the wide bore drip tip option because it gave the best flavor. You gotta love it when everyone thought you're just another cloud chaser, then when you handed it over to them to let them find out about the flavor, it blew their little mind. That in fact is why I think the name and logo is just so fucking cool. It got me off smoking 16-17 normal cigs/day. And did so within less than 2 minutes. What's more, within less than one month after, it forced me to dance around, get a cordless drill, get spools of wire, grab a few fishing swivels, and then turn that into this one:

SSFCs.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

"That's no moon, it's a Velocity style deck!"

Oooooh you give me ideas. Got two Velocity v2s setting around "somewhere". Never cared much to use them as dual coil builds. Still don't. Think last build I put on one was a single. okay, maybe you've not given me ideas. *chuckles* The Gorge is saying he treats me better than the Velocity ever could. And of course the Wasps have to chime in, all three of them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wrong. It is a picture of a Velocity style deck.

:facepalm: D'oh. You got me there. Hey, I can't even print it out and get a Velocity style deck either. Well, unless i did that fancy 3-D printing. No, ain't got no $300 - $1,0000 floating around to buy me a basic 3-D printer. So, nope cannot print a Velocity style deck out either. Damn it, now I'm ... well nothing. I got two Velocity style decks here I'm not using. :giggle:

Last edited:
This was the first real RTA available at my local vapestore. Mind you this is Australia and we were far behind in the availability of decent vaping products. I think this was supposed to be a Kayfun/Russian 91% clone. It wasn't branded at all, but the simple box came with the branding "Together-Best-Forever" That name is actually fresh in my memory from like 7 years ago lol.

Juice ports weren't deep enough, so you had to treat it like a RDA. A pretty decent MTL styled tank for it's day. Vaped on this until I met my soulmate- the Lemo 2 :)

IMG_20200518_025819[2].jpg IMG_20200518_025913[3].jpg

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was the first real RTA available at my local vapestore. Mind you this is Australia and we were far behind in the availability of decent vaping products. I think this was supposed to be a Kayfun/Russian 91% clone. It wasn't branded at all, but the simple box came with the branding "Together-Best-Forever" That name is actually fresh in my memory from like 7 years ago lol.

Juice ports weren't deep enough, so you had to treat it like a RDA. A pretty decent MTL styled tank for it's day. Vaped on this until I met my soulmate- the Lemo 2 :)

View attachment 161138 View attachment 161139
the KFL was a solidly good little atty. actually a great atty to start off on.it was very forgiving.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I can't remember what my first RTA was. I started building by rebuilding the old cartomizer coil heads.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
My first rebuildable was the original Kanger protank. Rebuilding those 2.4 + 1.8 ohm heads with 32 gauge kanthal and XC-116 or plain boring silica.
My first rta was the Asmodus Zesthia, it taught me that I like rda’s much more than rta’s. It was a nice rta but having to get the wicking just right made me like the much wider berth rda’s allow not needing to be enough to stop leaks but not so much it wicks to slow.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just thinking..how many peeps even know what the fuck that means...lol

I can't be THAT old of a vaper...vaping been around since like 2007. We did stoopid shit.

A Kicked Silver Bullet was godly....

Did you do the carto's, put them in a sock and swing around your head to get the juice in all the filler, my wife thought I was mad :xD:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you do the carto's, put them in a sock and swing around your head to get the juice in all the filler, my wife thought I was mad :xD:

LMAO, you posted that just as I posted the Spin...hahahhaa

DRINK...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Nailz, you are mad AF and we're proud of ya...... ;-)

Don't make me get mah kitteh...she was named Maleficent from the damn shelter. I call her Milly.

IMG_20200520_142033.jpg

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first rebuildable was way way back in the day, the Igo- L and Igo- W.... it could have been the Genesis atty but not sure which I had first. I passed on the original rebuildables that came before them because I wasn’t sold on it at the time. Once I grabbed these tho I never looked back. Now that I think about it, I had the Original GG as well but not sure if it was before these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just pulled this stuff out....still in perfect condition other than the threads on the IGO-L are shot from sheer useage. Thus the radiator. Got that IGO-L in a co-op on NV like 2013-14. :)

IGO-L w/ a 2.6Ω 0.76Ω,5-wrap SS316L build.
JM mods mech clone, and a grey Panny 18650.

Still gotz it...still beautiful too.

// EDIT: Odd, I'd measured the atty/coil on my Smok meter-thingy, it must be dying. That reading can't be right. I now just took just one wrap off and it's reading 0.76 now on the Pico...so IDKWTF was going on there.

This makes more sense now: https://www.steam-engine.org/coil?mat=ss316l&r=0.75&id=2.5&ll=2

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just pulled this stuff out....still in perfect condition other than the threads on the IGO-L are shot from sheer useage. Thus the radiator. Got that IGO-L in a co-op on NV like 2013-14. :)

IGO-L w/ a 2.6Ω 0.76Ω,5-wrap SS316L build.
JM mods mech clone, and a grey Panny 18650.

Still gotz it...still beautiful too.

// EDIT: Odd, I'd measured the atty/coil on my Smok meter-thingy, it must be dying. That reading can't be right. I now just took just one wrap off and it's reading 0.76 now on the Pico...so IDKWTF was going on there.

This makes more sense now: https://www.steam-engine.org/coil?mat=ss316l&r=0.75&id=2.5&ll=2
lol..that's a great piece of vaping history...it was my first dripper as well.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol..that's a great piece of vaping history...it was my first dripper as well.

Thanks! Not my first dripper, but one of the few I'd still vape from that era. :)

I did drill the AF hole on that out to like 2mm or so though, but was a PITA to do. That SS is thick and slippery!
Just not a much of a MTL vaper here, more of a R-DL.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Not my first dripper, but one of the few I'd still vape from that era. :)

I did drill the AF hole on that out to like 2mm or so though, but was a PITA to do. That SS is thick and slippery!
Just not a much of a MTL vaper here, more of a R-DL.
everything back in those days came with a stock 1mm airhole....I've got a dozen drill bits in 64th increments just for drilling our airholes in my different atties.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
everything back in those days came with a stock 1mm airhole....I've got a dozen drill bits in 64th increments just for drilling our airholes in my different atties.

Yuppers, me too man. :D

Haven't had to drill out anything in a long time though, which is nice.

VU Sponsors