Become a Patron!

What're you currently listening to?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live out in the boonies, have for years and I get like 2, maybe 3 stations so I don't listen to the radio much. Thought well I haven't really listened to the radio in years, let's see what's playing as 'current' music. Popped on iheartradio and tuned into a fairly mainstream top40 or whatever station from old hometown in California. So what am I listening to? Shit. Pure hot fucking moldy garbage. Oh good gravy the current music succcckkkkksssss.

I keep looking at the artist, I hardly recognize any of them. They all sound the fucking same so I'm shocked to see different artists. I could rattle off a fictitious list of bands, the coffee grounds, wet diaper and the disposals, frankie smith firecracker.. and it wouldn't fucking matter. Pop the same shitty techno beat or whatever they're all using, sounds like one of the janky defaults on my old casio keyboard from the 80's. NNtss, nntss, nntss, bump bump bump.. Shoot my voice through a wackadoo autotune to make it sound like a cartoon and say a few words, just a few words, some other random words.. break.. oh yea.. some more random shit.. Good god. Now I know why I don't listen to the radio.

Reminds me of the rick and morty episode where Jerry's inside the alien simulation and doesn't know it. The radio says 'now for some human music' and it's just random plink plunk plonk of tones and he's like derp, human music. I like it. Need to get some ac/dc or the police, maybe some eminem or some U2 or system of a down, anything to get this generic ass millennial elevator music earworm out of my head. They seem mystified that the youth suicide rate is up over 50% in the past decade, mystery fucking solved.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I live out in the boonies, have for years and I get like 2, maybe 3 stations so I don't listen to the radio much. Thought well I haven't really listened to the radio in years, let's see what's playing as 'current' music. Popped on iheartradio and tuned into a fairly mainstream top40 or whatever station from old hometown in California. So what am I listening to? Shit. Pure hot fucking moldy garbage. Oh good gravy the current music succcckkkkksssss.

I keep looking at the artist, I hardly recognize any of them. They all sound the fucking same so I'm shocked to see different artists. I could rattle off a fictitious list of bands, the coffee grounds, wet diaper and the disposals, frankie smith firecracker.. and it wouldn't fucking matter. Pop the same shitty techno beat or whatever they're all using, sounds like one of the janky defaults on my old casio keyboard from the 80's. NNtss, nntss, nntss, bump bump bump.. Shoot my voice through a wackadoo autotune to make it sound like a cartoon and say a few words, just a few words, some other random words.. break.. oh yea.. some more random shit.. Good god. Now I know why I don't listen to the radio.

Reminds me of the rick and morty episode where Jerry's inside the alien simulation and doesn't know it. The radio says 'now for some human music' and it's just random plink plunk plonk of tones and he's like derp, human music. I like it. Need to get some ac/dc or the police, maybe some eminem or some U2 or system of a down, anything to get this generic ass millennial elevator music earworm out of my head. They seem mystified that the youth suicide rate is up over 50% in the past decade, mystery fucking solved.

Hit this new Ozzy album. It'll end the Suicide is Painless ear worm for sure. :) "What the fuck is a beaver?"

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

I fully agree with you- all pop or rap crap noise!
No one plays their own instruments any more either- they all use samplings from old hits and even the singers are auto-tuned!
I know that every generation doesn't understand or "get" the newer generations music- but there is No music now, just manufactured crap!
When I listen to iHeart Radio I listen to this station-
https://www.iheart.com/live/slippery-when-wet-4858/
yes oldy moldy hair bands and metal, but at least it is music to me.

:tunez:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just want to say Fuck Ozzy. Sitting here now in tears. Just heard "Goodbye" and "Ordinary Man". Long live the Immortal Ozzy!

But yeah, Fuck Ozzy!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
More new Ozzy-

Goodbye

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Eat Me- Ozzy Osbourne

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
All My Life- Ozzy Osbourne

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Straight To Hell- Ozzy Osbourne

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Ordinary Man- Ozzy Osbourne

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Full Album of Ordinary Man by Ozzy Osbourne

Love the new music- Thank you Ozzy

00:00 Straight To Hell 03:45 All My Life 08:04 Goodbye 13:37 Ordinary Man (part. Elton John) 18:40 Under the Graveyard 23:37 Eat Me 27:56 Today is the End 32:08 Scary Little Green Men 36:24 Holy for Tonight 41:16 It's a Raid 45:37 Take What You Want (part. Post Malone e Travis Scott)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, 8:04 to 18:40 is where Ozzy made me weep. I know he's been to Hell and back, done it all for over fifty years. Know that life plays its hand. I still say, Fuck you Ozzy! You're Ozzy, you don't just up and walk away, quit. Long live the Immortal Ozzy!

Saw him on Letterman, it's been at least 15 years ago or so. By that time my Pawpaw John had faced having a stroke. We had hauled stroke patients in the squad as well by then. Watching Ozzy on Letterman it was clear enough Ozzy had suffered a stroke.

Sure, you could blame all the drugs & booze but that can only do so much. It doesn't put that terror in your eyes, not like what a stroke does. There's just a look you get from someone that has had a stroke, it says it all for the terror in the eyes. It doesn't go away.

I do hope he can enjoy the time he has left and finds peace. I'm grateful for Heavy Metal. Wish I was not getting old. it seems as we get old our heroes die away. So, I need to go back to my plans for a time machine.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Smart ass, HUD in your car doesn't count. I like having it wetware based. Oh erm, well from um like playing video games and shit anyway. *cough* Metroid has it like that in the helmet. I will look that station up though for an application i run here in Linux called Radio Tray. It calls up the URI from stations with live playlist files and plays them whilst streaming. Of course, I use headphones to hear stuff. Got no stereo system any more and don't ever seem to get around to buying speakers/microphone for the computer. Got a few radio type program deals on Roku but I don't bother too often. I heart Radio, AccuRadio, Radio Reference and all three have commercials, ask you to choose mainstream crap.

Ha! Got it loaded.

Last edited:

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You’re listening to a lot of old CB’s bands, it seems.

Dead Boys when I was 12 was what influenced my music preference from that point. I was a kid in nowheresville and somehow I stumbled across Rock Scene magazine, which was like a 3rd rate Circus or Creem. I guess they realized they were 3rd rate, and switched gears and started covering NYC punk in the late 70s, and that was my roadmap to the future.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Dead Boys when I was 12 was what influenced my music preference from that point. I was a kid in nowheresville and somehow I stumbled across Rock Scene magazine, which was like a 3rd rate Circus or Creem. I guess they realized they were 3rd rate, and switched gears and started covering NYC punk in the late 70s, and that was my roadmap to the future.

That’s really cool. I had a big crush on Richard Hell for a while! I hope you kept those Zines, they’d be great nowadays.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Ningen Isu -- Heartless Scat

In my humbled opinion, I see them as Japan's answer to Canada's Rush.

Life For Sale

Hmm, Kurosawa Metal. :giggle: But I never said I like Rush. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to them. But hey, you got me into Bon Scott. Yay you!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Now It's Dark

Sadly I find their studio stuff sounds "cleaner" than their live stuff to me. Too much Judas Priest for me when younger probably, or too many tree stumps cleared, guns shot, hours in factories, life. And one for sis, give her a taste.

Closer To the Heart

This is is quintessential Rush, sis. One of the tunes all Rush fans would suggest be heard first. Understand Rush is three guys, they also stood in for New York city's orchestra once. Geddy had all the instruments programmed into his synth. You have to get past Geddy's high voice, he can't help being an elf. You'll recognize Neil Peart on drums. :) Geddy is bass guitar and Synth. Alex shreds with an axe.

Hmm, Kurosawa Metal. :giggle:

Kurosawa Mirena Metal Opera - Battlefield Sixteen

Sounds like an anime theme tune. That's music of it's own caliber too. Like what I hear of this.

Radical Dreamers / The Unstolen Jewel by Video Game Orchestra for the game Chrono Cross

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Radical Dreamers: A Chrono Cross Medley -- Various artists globally linked up over the net to play in honor of the game Chrono Cross

Chrono Cross Opening

Now, I need to go dig out my old Playstation deck and my copy of Chrono Cross. I'll be lost for about two weeks. It'll take me three or four days to play the game itself, the rest of the time I'll be in a semi-conscious nirvana state working back to this reality. Although I might play it again and again, ....:) *chuckles* Need to set up my grid balanced.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors