Become a Patron!

WHATS THE BEST VAPING MAGAZINE?!?!?!?!

Baron Dane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What magazine do you check out when you want to see the newest cutting edge vape technology?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
One that I would not suggest is Spinfuel (AKA Spiteful)

IMHO, their reviews are heavily influenced by advertizing dollars.

The same goes for their "Best of Awards".

Again, my own opinion.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really wish I could find a vape catalog like my old thompsons cigar sales catalogs....

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
@UncleRJ hit the nail on the head. When considering any media, pay very close attention to their revenue stream. If a site's content is buried in a sea of advertising, odds are, you haven't found unbiased information. That's the biggest problem with media: money-driven content. When there is money on the table, total objectivity goes out the window in favor of keeping the lights on.

Your best bet are independent sites and blogs.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do have a copy of VAPE around here somewhere. They were kind enough to send me a comp copy from one publisher to another. It was pretty interesting, very glossy and professionally made. Not sure what they are doing these days. I see they have their own forum here but they haven't touched it in several months. I get an email once in a while inviting me to write for them but they were never clear about if they pay or what their distribution is or other information that would help me decide if I wanted to invest time doing that. I don't know where that copy is, my place is so cluttered, now I'm going to obsess about it. If I find it I'll look it over again and let y'all know.

Baron Dane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree!!! Im ramping up for a product launch and ive called all of the major publications, they have bankers hours apparently. I want to hit the most viewers!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I refuse to consider anything beyond what is said by the actual users. Too many reviewers will receive a device..use it for a few days...decide it is rubbish and never pick it up again. I cant stand that a devices entire future rests upon "niggling details" that really do not matter to the average vaper. I dont have a small fortune in diagnostic devices that measure things like the number of grams it takes to fire my mod, or the less than critical tenth of a voltage drop from one mod to the next. Most of us want to know TWO things.....does it work? Will it fall apart or fail catastrophically?
What matters...the only thing that matters to me when choosing a device is...what do YOU guys think? @Baron Dane why not just do this yourself? These other people are no smarter than you...they do not represent US any better/worse than you. It is the humble and unbiased approach of people like @Nikkita6 that influence me the most when I am looking to buy kit....ok...and Mike from 510 Vapers.

Baron Dane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
`@franciscan Its not a mod or a device. Its something that will enhance every average users expierence, I just want to know one thing...If there was one vape publication that you personally enjoy reading.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
`@franciscan Its not a mod or a device. Its something that will enhance every average users expierence, I just want to know one thing...If there was one vape publication that you personally enjoy reading.
I still say to forge your own path. As for me...if my previous post did not already show my hand......none.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What Franciscan said.

Look at all the post here on the Underground.

The latest and greatest is discussed here everyday.

If you want to launch a new product, this is a good place for it.

Word will get around I assure you!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, after searching around the entire place I find it on my desk right behind my laptop. VAPE News Magazine, it's about 80 pages, full color glossy printed on thick paper. Not sure what issue it is, doesn't say, maybe it's the premier issue (over a year old, anyway). Seems to be trying a bit hard to make vaping glamorous with a lot of sexy women vaping. Equal amounts of articles, reviews and advertisements. Extremely colorful. $9.99 cover price. Articles include Cloud Chasing, Vaping Misconceptions, State of the Vape Market, juice reviews, a book review (no not Vape Mania), coil building tutorials and also stainless steel wick preparing tutorials, new products guide, an events calendar, ways to save money vaping, a story about a marathon runner who vapes and one about a skydiver as well, lots of full page ads for respectable vendors. Inside it says "Vape News Mag owes allegiance to no one and will call 'em as we see 'em. We strive for truth, integrity, irreverence and the betterment of vaping." It's a very professionally designed magazine overall. So there you go.

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been out of the print mag buying loop for a long time, but that seems steep to me. Is it full of content, or 65% advertising like a typical print magazine?
I think it's equally balanced. You can't run a print mag like that without advertisements. Subscriptions aren't going to cover the price of printing. As for the price it is what it is. Printing isn't cheap, especially this with every page being full color and not printed on cheap, thin paper. I would imagine that price goes down substantially if you get an annual subscription or something, that's usually the way it works. But what I've just posted is based only on this comp copy they sent me, haven't seen the mag since and couldn't tell you more about what they've been doing lately. They're at http://vapenewsmagazine.com/

Baron Dane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to thank all of you for your feedback!

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No mags for me. I like my content straight from the real users. Also from people you can come to depend on. Which is why I like forums. Plus, IMO, no mags publish enough to stay current. The world changes daily, not monthly or every other month.

I don't know I think Vaping deserves to have some sort of publication like Magazines or books, it gives people that haven't looked up or care to look up Vaping online a chance to skim through and see something that interest them, Vaping is growing rapidly and right now with this "Vapor War" going on with FDA and Tobacco companies trying to slander us vapers, we need all the positive publication we can get, I know plenty of vapor shops that carry a few different vaping magazines, one that caught my eye was Vapor Digest, its a very professional looking magazine very easy and interesting to read and the guy that started it all Patrick V* Butson is just a genius at what he envisions vaping is going to become in the future and i actually had the privilege of meeting him a couple of months ago at Vape Blast in Fort Worth, Texas. Very interesting guy you can tell his brain is just constantly running with ideas but just talking with him and picking his brain you can tell he's very passionate about what he talks about. http://vapordigest.com/

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm sitting in the doctors office reading when I come across this article
14xyybc.jpg

smoke free vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year