Become a Patron!

What's your best all around setup?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 4 mods I like to vape but I keep going back to my stainless BFM mech
with the Dark Horse... I can't duplicate the flavor and huge dense clouds on the IPV3 that I enjoy on the mech..... can't figure why that is except the BFM hybrid top cap may have something to do with it provding zero voltage drop..
aff91db1b5ba5f4db1b1646708b9a01f.jpg

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
Best everyday setup for me is my istick 30w with a kanger nano when it's cold out. When it's warm my smok xpro m65 with kanger nano since when it's cold the smok won't work. And at home my home made parallel build with a plume veil

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm only using istick s so far. I guess just cuz im lazy and they are so easy:) I have 3 different sub ohm tanks, and while I do like them and blowing clouds, I find myself going back to my mini nautilus s alot. I guess I just feel more like im smoking with them (I still need that). Plus the flavor is so good, and as everyone knows, way way less juice consumption

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
I'm only using istick s so far. I guess just cuz im lazy and they are so easy:) I have 3 different sub ohm tanks, and while I do like them and blowing clouds, I find myself going back to my mini nautilus s alot. I guess I just feel more like im smoking with them (I still need that). Plus the flavor is so good, and as everyone knows, way way less juice consumption
My gf is the same way I bought her a subtank and she still prefers the nautilus

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best everyday setup for me is my istick 30w with a kanger nano when it's cold out. When it's warm my smok xpro m65 with kanger nano since when it's cold the smok won't work. And at home my home made parallel build with a plume veil
Was wondering what part of the country your at...my brother lives in WA state and says he blows huge clouds when its cold out...I live in sunny San Diego county and still blow good clouds...lol

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
Was wondering what part of the country your at...my brother lives in WA state and says he blows huge clouds when its cold out...I live in sunny San Diego county and still blow good clouds...lol

With the smok m65? I'm in the Chicagoland area. I've tried all different batteries but it just drops the wattage anything below like 60

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you post a pic?

No, I am sorry I cannot. I have had a problem uploading pics since a fairly recent Windows update. I've tried everything, and it is still not working.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, he currently uses the dual batt 150w IPV3/Arctic at 65-70w with the .2 ohm coil... Said in cold weather clouds just hang in the air and drift long distances...below 32° is his favorite time to vape...my brother is a true vapeaholic, lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I am sorry I cannot. I have had a problem uploading pics since a fairly recent Windows update. I've tried everything, and it is still not working.
Understandable...thx for your reply

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I did say I like both mechs and my box mods...but my mechs are king of the clouds... Sometimes I'm in the mood to blow huge thick clouds that can't be duplicated on my box mods...Each device has their pros and cons..but both have a place in my daily vape...
Started off with mechs.....First pic is me a year ago using the lowly Nemesis/Patriot
Second pic is me recently having fun fogging up my room under the blacklight using my BFM/Dark horse...
When I'm in the mood to blow clouds here at home I use my mechs....
f7c9cf722136f7b0a02f3d0bce11e4e2.jpg

859409dfb2ac2136104ceaf21f1a5352.jpg

Last edited:

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Six weeks ago I gave up smoking Cigars and bought a 3.7w stick and wick combo from a mall keosk. That went well for few days while I realized I really liked vaping. I soon bought an IPV Mini 30w with a Kanger STM. A week later I added a second STM and switched to using only their RBAs. I thought that was enough for now. But then I attended church at www.SteamEngine.org a couple of times and I threw together a coil building kit (Ohm reader, Kanthal wire, ceramic tweezers, etc) and bought a Vertex V2 atty so that I could try coil building. Last week I added a Segelei 150 Uni edition to my fold and bought a Mutation X atty. Running dual coil 24g at .3 ohms.
So now, I drive with my IPV / Sub Tank combo and play at home with my Sigelei and my growing collection of attys.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Six weeks ago I gave up smoking Cigars and bought a 3.7w stick and wick combo from a mall keosk. That went well for few days while I realized I really liked vaping. I soon bought an IPV Mini 30w with a Kanger STM. A week later I added a second STM and switched to using only their RBAs. I thought that was enough for now. But then I attended church at www.SteamEngine.org a couple of times and I threw together a coil building kit (Ohm reader, Kanthal wire, ceramic tweezers, etc) and bought a Vertex V2 atty so that I could try coil building. Last week I added a Segelei 150 Uni edition to my fold and bought a Mutation X atty. Running dual coil 24g at .3 ohms.
So now, I drive with my IPV / Sub Tank combo and play at home with my Sigelei and my growing collection of attys.
Good for you!!
Sounds like you've come a long ways in a short time in your vaping journey.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
favorite battery mod...M class SX mini
favorite tank...origen genesis
favorite rba...dark horse & derringer

absolute most fun tank to have around...kanger subtank plus with nickel disposable heads

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Praxis Derringer/Aethertech VCO is my pocket sized around town rig. It's a little smaller than the SMPL. At home it's usually a Dotmod Petri atty/VCO combo, or the Mutation Xv3 atop my mech box. 30ml bottle for scale.
43fb2be015ef0c9a62cc52860588d0bd.jpg
87bccf837992818b4bc9073a7d3ca2ae.jpg

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never gotten a mech (brass stingray, nemi, 4nine, M16 brass, megalodon) to perform better than my hana-50 clone...

I keep coming back to dual coil 28g 10 wraps in a Magma for flavor and wick-changing convenience. Yes it spills easy and is very easy to overfill; "leaky" is a misnomer. Vape until it's out then add 9 drops, or you got yourself a mess. Tastes amazing, worth babysitting to me.

I like heavier wire for durability but I find muted taste the bigger the wire (including twisted wire), smaller than 28g hurts durability too much for my flow. If my box dies I'll go back to my old 7/8 wraps DC on my mech.

Not spending any more money on: mechs, kayfuns, genny tanks

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never gotten a mech (brass stingray, nemi, 4nine, M16 brass, megalodon) to perform better than my hana-50 clone...

I keep coming back to dual coil 28g 10 wraps in a Magma for flavor and wick-changing convenience. Yes it spills easy and is very easy to overfill; "leaky" is a misnomer. Vape until it's out then add 9 drops, or you got yourself a mess. Tastes amazing, worth babysitting to me.

I like heavier wire for durability but I find muted taste the bigger the wire (including twisted wire), smaller than 28g hurts durability too much for my flow. If my box dies I'll go back to my old 7/8 wraps DC on my mech.

Not spending any more money on: mechs, kayfuns, genny tanks
I don't think I'll be buying any more 150w box mods.. Two IPV3's about cover it for me... I got the 18650 XXIX mech about a year ago..I had to modify the pin on the Arctic to protrude enough for the hybrid top cap but it hits really well with .2 ohm coil.
The 26650 BFM is my mech for chasing clouds, mostly here at home..lol
The two IPV3's I like kicked back watching TV..with different flavors in the Arctic tanks...ain't vapin' a wonderful hobby? It is to me! Lol
577928b8d168bc7b0dce75ed09054edd.jpg

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never owned a 26650 device, if I take that plunge (batts+chargers+device) I like your stealthy BFM and the SMPL designs, I'd been a stingray fan since using one all year 2014

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never owned a 26650 device, if I take that plunge (batts+chargers+device) I like your stealthy BFM and the SMPL designs, I'd been a stingray fan since using one all year 2014
The 26650 batt goes longer on one charge than the smaller 18650...
My BCV BFM uses a stainless tube, brass top cap and switch housing, magnetic switch, copper batt contact and copper button...with the hybrid top cap it has a very low, or no, voltage drop..its a hard hitting mod with the right build....It's been my favorite for serious clouds for sometime now.. Lol

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For Clouds: HexOhm V2 and a Troll RDA. For flavor: Atimazoo Naval Brass Lab 18650 with a Vulcan RDA. For daily use, an iStick 50 with an Expromizer RTA (Mouth to Lung).

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Vulcan is my second favorite rda!

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My all day vape is a Reo Grand with a Cyclone bottom fed RDA.

For clouds I have a Mutation X ver 1 on a Nemesis clone. I find myself using that more these days, but the Reo is still my favorite all around device.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out & about - Stingray X with Igo-M2. Jobsites - Nemesis with Igo-M. Daily driver - Sig 100 with Mutation X v3. I keep trying to get a non-dripper that I can live with - tried the Big Dripper with some success, Subtank was so-so. Gonna eventually try the coil mod technique posted on the subtank wars thread and the RBA when I get around to filing some juice channels into the top cap, but I've also got an Arctic clone on the way...if none of those work I'll keep dripping and buying more sub-ohm tanks I won't use for more than a few days.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, the file won't open! But thx for trying! :(

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the Vulcan rda on my SMPL too. It is outstanding. But for some reason, as a paired option, the Derringer/SMPL is just a tad bit better. I don't hear much about a VULCAN rda, but I think it is awesome. I like it better than the Magma. I also like the Vulcan on the Stingray X.

tbaron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My main setup is my e-lvt2 with a lemo drop. Carny4 6mg. Adv for sure

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Welcome to the addiction, not to nic, but to all the cool stuff and DIY has to offer.

tbaron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ty very much. Its an addiction I welcome and have enjoyed immensely so far

VU Sponsors