Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would be my Nintendo 3dsxl. Acnl and pokemon y

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Old B/W comedies..I'm on a terry Thomas kick right now(Always plays a cad)...I find them very funny and comforting

San Miguel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My guilty pleasures .... Farm Girls !

:p

6915689348_a73fe2eeb6_m.jpg

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'm a huge fan of The Great Courses. to somewhere near to tune of ten grand, maybe more. some might think it is boring, i find the fascinating.

Professor Harl's Barbarian Empires of the Steppes is a real tour de force. rather than spend the first third of the course on background, this course kicks off from the get go. sure, he's not the most charismatic guy on the planet, but this course is amazing. dude has a lot of knowledge, esp in Roman and Byzantine History. he fumbles a little in his knowledge of Islam and his pronunciation may be off at times, but he is fluid in his presentations and his maps freaking rock! some of the best in The Teaching Company library.
http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/the-barbarian-empires-of-the-steppes.html?cid=3830

3830_witb_cddvd_1407271503.jpg

3830_excerpt_other_7_1409683245.jpg

just began Professor Gregory S. Aldrete Ph.D., course: The Decisive Battles of World History. he's a real interesting speaker. here's screen shot from the 2nd lecture:
Decisive_Battles.jpg

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/the-decisive-battles-of-world-history.html?cid=8140

what's really cool is that i order dvd's. but the day i order, i get to stream them on the pc. just gordered Decisive Battles today. :D

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good vapes, good beer and some really kinky stuff in not posting for public amusement. Lets just say KY Jelly and thumbtacks may be involved ;-).

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'm a huge fan of The Great Courses. to somewhere near to tune of ten grand, maybe more. some might think it is boring, i find the fascinating.

Professor Harl's Barbarian Empires of the Steppes is a real tour de force. rather than spend the first third of the course on background, this course kicks off from the get go. sure, he's not the most charismatic guy on the planet, but this course is amazing. dude has a lot of knowledge, esp in Roman and Byzantine History. he fumbles a little in his knowledge of Islam and his pronunciation may be off at times, but he is fluid in his presentations and his maps freaking rock! some of the best in The Teaching Company library.
http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/the-barbarian-empires-of-the-steppes.html?cid=3830

3830_witb_cddvd_1407271503.jpg

3830_excerpt_other_7_1409683245.jpg

just began Professor Gregory S. Aldrete Ph.D., course: The Decisive Battles of World History. he's a real interesting speaker. here's screen shot from the 2nd lecture:
Decisive_Battles.jpg

http://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/the-decisive-battles-of-world-history.html?cid=8140

what's really cool is that i order dvd's. but the day i order, i get to stream them on the pc. just gordered Decisive Battles today. :D

You might want to check out Stanford's online programs. They offer a lot of their courses on-line for free, you pay if you take exams for credit.

http://online.stanford.edu/courses

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Food.
Chips, especially potato chips. I'm pretty much a chip-a-holic.
UFO documentaries.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good vapes, good beer and some really kinky stuff in not posting for public amusement. Lets just say KY Jelly and thumbtacks may be involved ;-).
89cfcabce2448293b6aa753b3f8df111.jpg

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
we all like to think we are above reproach when it comes to our tastes and lifestyle choices.....but everyone has something they enjoy that they don't make public knowledge. well now it's time to do just that. what are your guilty pleasures?

i will start, and i can think of two right off....

Abba
Popeye's fried chicken

don't judge me. :p

Abba and Popeyes. +1

I'll play.
I buy fresh homemade salsa from local restaurant by the quart. About every 7-10 days.

And anything Jennifer beals!
L Word especially

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
• ︎Vaping︎ (I feel guilty about this because my mom doesn't understand it and therefore hates it/strongly dislikes it)
• N*Sync (So much better than Backstreet Boys)
• Nerdy Memorabilia
• Wristwatches (I can't have too many! Ahhhhh!)
• Wallets

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly how much of these I consumed this weekend. :oops:

enhanced-buzz-14534-1351284800-16.jpg

Three dozen tulips for her; three packs Neccos for me. (Plus Boston Baked Beans, Abba Zaba, Gummies, Mary Janes, Mike and Ikes...)

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly how much I consumed this weekend. :oops:

enhanced-buzz-14534-1351284800-16.jpg

Three dozen tulips for her; three packs Neccos for me. (Plus Boston Baked Beans, Abba Zaba, Gummies, Mary Janes, Mike and Ikes...)

and you aren't bouncing off the walls???

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Torque (again). High speed drives on country roads for >200 miles on the bike...

Camaro SS (gen5) is far more than a strait line muscle car (6 speed manual).

Can winter please go away so I can go out and play?

:D

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Edit: Actually everything I listed is more of a hobby now that I think about it.

As far as guilty pleasures, I love Dragonball Z, not many of my friends know about it and my wife has no idea what it is, but I love that shit for some reason!

Last edited:

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A peanut butter and catsup sandwich... it has got to be jiffy crunchy. don't judge it till you try it.:D

N

Newheart301

Once a month, I sneak and get a 16in. Italian sausage, mushroom, green pepper, and onion pizza, and a 6 pack of San Miguel beer. I sit down by myself and eat the whole thing.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dark chocolate
Fig Newtons
Toffee Peanuts, Cashews or Almonds
Nerds candy
Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies made by my daughter, nomm, nomm, nomm :D

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Torturing my cats with a laser pointer.

And I gotta say I am good at it. So good that if the Mrs. is dozing on the sofa, I can normally get a cat so worked up that it will jump up and land on her chasing the dot:D

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Torturing my cats with a laser pointer.

And I gotta say I am good at it. So good that if the Mrs. is dozing on the sofa, I can normally get a cat so worked up that it will jump up and land on her chasing the dot:D

You're a monster, Uncle.:D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Once a month, I sneak and get a 16in. Italian sausage, mushroom, green pepper, and onion pizza, and a 6 pack of San Miguel beer. I sit down by myself and eat the whole thing.
This is just smart. I don't drink, but the pizza sounds damn good right now!

N

Newheart301

I don't drink any more, just San Miguel with food once a month, been all over the world and I think it's one of the best beers with food. I just can't eat pizza without beer.

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tattoos, guns, helping others, making people laugh, anything involving a dirt bike, and the occasional lap dance.

Did I say hot chicks?

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Horror core music(?) not for the faint of heart.
Everybody sees me playing heavy, drudgy metal, dressed in dirty black, or ripped camo pants and metal shirts, no smiles, fu to the word.
But somehow, when I listen to horror core, it cheers me up. on occasion my wife catches me listening to it in the garage while working on my bike/guns/muscle car. I just tell her I was too busy to change it, and didn't notice. I don't think she buys it , though.
-down with the clown.

VU Sponsors